Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dezmon Patmon Cut

1959Colts

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Tom Cruise What GIF

best response yet. i guess because they have a bromance on youtube that means pittman is going to demand a new team when he becomes a FA. also, in other news tom brady is contemplating throwing this season if Antonio Brown doenst return to the NFL immediately. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I just wish he'd kick it into the endzone more often. Almost all of his kicks are 5 yards out and returnable 

That is usually by design.

Teams SPT, feel they can stop returner short of 25yd line and gain field position.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Or more likely they aren’t going to cut him for one missed 50 plus yard field goal.

If he had a long track record no BUT he doesn't and the leash is very short. He was on ps not active roster because team had doubts he was the answer and how long they wanted him. Hope for club's sake he looks good tomorrow and can hold down the fort, another miss and long week coming up odds are he wont be here another game.

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Reich is awesome!

200.gif

So explain how this tracks.

A guy on the internet once wrote the difference between Z routes and X routes (which coincidentally read the same way as a10 minute Google Search) is basically that the Z is a more dynamic and tends to be more vertical routes than the X, who is more possession routes.

Same guy then says Frank's offense is a bunch of short possession routes with bad combos.  IOW, a bunch of X routes.

Same guy validates opinion of Franks routes by writing how much Z traited receivers like TY, Dulin, and PC, are used badly because they run a lot of possession routes (forgetting that good Zs like Marvin Harrison ran them too, but we won;' dwell on that).

Same guy also says that when Frank actually calls a play that has Z routes, the Z receivers are used as decoys to clear out the X route guy.

But then, same guy concludes that Patmon got the most targets because he was used badly as the Z route runner, by the play caller who doesn't run many Z routes at all and when he does, doesn't target them.

It seems that this same guy is really an internet Huckster.

I still can't believe we didn't bring TY back. It is not about being right or wrong but TY would be the 3rd best WR on this team behind Pitt and Pierce. Before the season I said Patmon and Strachan would not do much, they are just not good. Campbell hasn't done much either nor has Dulin. One thing I was critical about the team was the WR room, I had people in here telling Patmon would be good and he is better than TY being on the roster lmao 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still can't believe we didn't bring TY back. It is not about being right or wrong but TY would be the 3rd best WR on this team behind Pitt and Pierce. Before the season I said Patmon and Strachan would not do much, they are just not good. Campbell hasn't done much either nor has Dulin. One thing I was critical about the team was the WR room, I had people in here telling Patmon would be good and he is better than TY being on the roster lmao 

I don't know about TY, but Strachan was always going to battle Patmon for the same spot.   From last year to this year, we've replaced Pascal with Pierce and Patmon with Strachan.  I think its an improvement, but its sort of like having a better chair arrangement on the deck of the Titanic at this point.  Same thing with Campbell or Dulin.  We still need a shifty slot guy if PC can't cut it, since PC and Dulin probably compete to be Pierce's backup.

The question is, is TY better than PC or Dulin?  He would not take snaps away from Pierce, our future boundary starter.

Patmon has always been good enough to land at the #5 or 6 WR spot on a team.  He might get picked up.  That's okay.  Its why we have Strachan.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know about TY, but Strachan was always going to battle Patmon for the same spot.   From last year to this year, we've replaced Pascal with Pierce and Patmon with Strachan.  I think its an improvement, but its sort of like having a better chair arrangement on the deck of the Titanic at this point.  Same thing with Campbell or Dulin.  We still need a shifty slot guy if PC can't cut it, since PC and Dulin probably compete to be Pierce's backup.

The question is, is TY better than PC or Dulin?  He would not take snaps away from Pierce, our future boundary starter.

Patmon has always been good enough to land at the #5 or 6 WR spot on a team.  He might get picked up.  That's okay.  Its why we have Strachan.

I just think so far that Campbell and Dulin have been real disappointing. Regarding our TE's, they have looked good for the most part, even Woods who had the 2 TD's vs KC.

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I just wish he'd kick it into the endzone more often. Almost all of his kicks are 5 yards out and returnable 

The Colts have said they do that on purpose because they feel their coverage units are good enough to stick the other team behind the 25 doing that.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

If he had a long track record no BUT he doesn't and the leash is very short. He was on ps not active roster because team had doubts he was the answer and how long they wanted him. Hope for club's sake he looks good tomorrow and can hold down the fort, another miss and long week coming up odds are he wont be here another game.

He was on the practice squad to save a roster spot for as long as they could.  If they were overly concerned about him right now another kicker would be on the PS.  Is he the permanent answer?  Probably not.  Is he the answer to get them through the season?  More than likely because you aren’t going to find a great kicker just sitting out there unclaimed at this point.  If he becomes an issue where he’s missing kick after kick then yeah they might do something but seeing as that was his first miss and it was from 50 plus yards and it was only the second time he’s missed from the distance in his career I don’t think they are going to over react to it.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just think so far that Campbell and Dulin have been real disappointing. Regarding our TE's, they have looked good for the most part, even Woods who had the 2 TD's vs KC.

Sure.  Talent emerges.  Pittman has never had problems,  Woods is doing well for a rookie.  We might very well have a system that is X WR and TE centric.  That's okay.  There is no reason for the little speedy guys to be schemed open as long as the passing game moves the ball.

But better talent from the slot would help turn those short patterns to the little guys into TDs or long gains if they has more skills/talent to do that.   Other good teams have a guy like that....or look to find one.

I think Dulin is fine.  He is the backup to Pierce on the boundary and the emergency slot receiver.  He also plays full time special teams, so he should not be on the field that often.  If he was a big part of the offense, it would just mean that Pierce failed and that we don't have a very good slot receiver.  I'd rather not see him high on the stat sheet. 

The offense and personnel usage is working if Dulin does not accumulate a lot of stats.

Since PC does not play ST, if he can't emerge as the shifty slot receiver, then he should be replaced this offseason.  He should be the staring slot from here on out to see if he can handle that spot...we already have our boundary receivers.

23 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Why are we talking about bringing TY back or signing a Chester Rodgers type player? Is this place serious?

No wonder Ballard and Reich are able to peddle the nonsense they did for so long.

Chester Rodgers/TY Hilton are not helping this team.

Nor is Patmon who is now gone, either is Strachan. lmao 

25 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Why are we talking about bringing TY back or signing a Chester Rodgers type player? Is this place serious?

No wonder Ballard and Reich are able to peddle the nonsense they did for so long.

Nor is Patmon who is now gone, either is Strachan. lmao Strachan 3 catches in 4 games and no TD's and someone wants to tell me he is better than TY chuckling homer simpson GIF

Kendrick Bourne is a talent that is being wasted in NE. Give Bill a 6th round pick for him 

See if KC is willing to listen on Mecole Hardman for 5th or 6 rd pick. 

Grabbing an older WR isn’t the move. Unless it Odell when he is fully healthy. If he’s still on the market and you’re not out of contention 

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Because it’s October and you aren’t going to get a game changer right now.  People are looking at things that could help the team right now not ultimate long term answers.  

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nor is Patmon who is now gone, either is Strachan. lmao Strachan 3 catches in 4 games and no TD's and someone wants to tell me he is better than TY chuckling homer simpson GIF

Nor is Dulin, nor is Campbell. Dulin has played in 47 career games and has 29 catches, 393 yds (8.36 ypg), 2 TD, and 1 fumble. Campbell has only played in 19 total games in what is now his 4th season, he has logged 43 receptions, 450 yds (10.4 ypg), 2 TD's, and 3 fumbles. Strachan's career numbers are: 10 games, 5 catches, 85 yds (8.5 ypg), and 0 TD's. Ballard and Reich believe that this passes as NFL production.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Kendrick Bourne is a talent that is being wasted in NE. Give Bill a 6th round pick for him 

See if KC is willing to listen on Mecole Hardman for 5th or 6 rd pick. 

Grabbing an older WR isn’t the move. Unless it Odell when he is fully healthy. If he’s still on the market and you’re not out of contention 

You can't expect Ballard to give up a perfectly good 5th or 6th rounder to get a receiver. We are saving those picks for our next franchise QB or backup offensive lineman.:facepalm::Cry:

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He was on the practice squad to save a roster spot for as long as they could.  If they were overly concerned about him right now another kicker would be on the PS.  Is he the permanent answer?  Probably not.  Is he the answer to get them through the season?  More than likely because you aren’t going to find a great kicker just sitting out there unclaimed at this point.  If he becomes an issue where he’s missing kick after kick then yeah they might do something but seeing as that was his first miss and it was from 50 plus yards and it was only the second time he’s missed from the distance in his career I don’t think they are going to over react to it.

He is 11 of 22 from 40-49 (Last season 4 of 10) which is very shaky. In Denver the ball carries he should be fine distance wise,we shall see.

15 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He is 11 of 22 from 40-49 (Last season 4 of 10) which is very shaky. In Denver the ball carries he should be fine distance wise,we shall see.

Again like I said he’s probably not the long term answer but you aren’t going to find anyone out there much better right now.  Right now it’s one miss.  They aren’t going to over react and cut him for that.  If he struggles going forward that could change things but he wasn’t getting released for one miss.

9 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Not well though. His kickoffs were landing at the 7 every kick. Such a joke

The Colts encourage the kickers to kick the ball short….  Roughly from the goal line to the 5 is where they want it.   The goal is for the coverage team to stop the returner from reaching the 25.   The Colts are one of the best teams in football at doing this.  It was a strength of Sanchez.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts encourage the kickers to kick the ball short….  Roughly from the goal line to the 5 is where they want it.   The goal is for the coverage team to stop the returner from reaching the 25.   The Colts are one of the best teams in football at doing this.  It was a strength of Sanchez.  

I don't mind it either as long as it is to the 5 because you also have a chance at a turnover/fumble.

10 hours ago, DougDew said:

So explain how this tracks.

A guy on the internet once wrote the difference between Z routes and X routes (which coincidentally read the same way as a10 minute Google Search) is basically that the Z is a more dynamic and tends to be more vertical routes than the X, who is more possession routes.

Same guy then says Frank's offense is a bunch of short possession routes with bad combos.  IOW, a bunch of X routes.

Same guy validates opinion of Franks routes by writing how much Z traited receivers like TY, Dulin, and PC, are used badly because they run a lot of possession routes (forgetting that good Zs like Marvin Harrison ran them too, but we won;' dwell on that).

Same guy also says that when Frank actually calls a play that has Z routes, the Z receivers are used as decoys to clear out the X route guy.

But then, same guy concludes that Patmon got the most targets because he was used badly as the Z route runner, by the play caller who doesn't run many Z routes at all and when he does, doesn't target them.

It seems that this same guy is really an internet Huckster.

If you really understood WR positions, or routes, I'd have a discussion with you. But you don't. 

You're the type that creates a personal opinion, and ignores all stats and facts. When it becomes obvious, you'll still ignore stats and facts, and will spin and spin. You're like MSM. All that stuff (facts) is just stats disinformation lol.. right? lol..  Google and Twitter should ban stats... right lol... Keep telling me the sky is orange instead blue. Sure... 

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Again like I said he’s probably not the long term answer but you aren’t going to find anyone out there much better right now.  Right now it’s one miss.  They aren’t going to over react and cut him for that.  If he struggles going forward that could change things but he wasn’t getting released for one miss.

He was a league worst 40% in that range last season (Overall 71.4% second worst to Matt Ammendola the KC kicker who gifted us a game 2 weeks ago)., Im hoping for the club's sake he can turn around what has been a very shaky career and a light turns on. Team can always take delay of game penalties and move out of that 40-49 range to 50 plus were he does much better.

40 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If that is the case I think it’s brilliant if done right. The kickoff needs good height for it to work. Where did you hear this?

1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

If that is the case I think it’s brilliant if done right. The kickoff needs good height for it to work. Where did you hear this?

In interviews over the years….  Ballard and Bubba.   It was brought most recently when Blankenship kicked it out of bounds twice in the week one tie.   Bubba was asked about it that week and said Blank practiced that every day.  

I agree, it’s great when it works.   And not so much when it doesn’t.   All I’m saying is that it’s a deliberate strategy with a long history of success. 

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

Dezmon Patmon was signed to the practice squad.

Which is where he belongs at the moment. He and Strachan are similar players…. and Strachan has the better upside. Any injuries to the top 5 and Patmon will be back up. 

Archived