Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where is Mr. Irsay??

k9copinmd

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Is this what "ALL CHIPS IN" and "DELAYED GRATIFICATION" looks like? 

I think before we start enjoying the "delayed gratification" thing we will some how need to increase our life spans to Biblical proportions. 

If I could live like 700 years  I wouldn't mind waiting for Ballards rebuild. ( The 500 year plan) :funny:

24 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think before we start enjoying the "delayed gratification" thing we will some how need to increase our life spans to Biblical proportions. 

If I could live like 700 years  I wouldn't mind waiting for Ballards rebuild. ( The 500 year plan) :funny:

Thank you very much, Moses!!! :) 

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fans when Irsay says something:  Irsay needs to shut up and stop talking,

Fans when Irsay doesn’t say anything:  where’s Irsay?  Why isn’t he talking?

I was not a fan of Jim as GM.

Became a fan of him as owner. 

He made me question things last year. 

Don't run your mouth,,,  on players in public. Started early last season, till this season... 

And if you do, better be right.... 

No he looks silly / ridiculous 

Lesson learned?

We had injury issues early last season. Played LAR close despite of our issues...

And run your mouth... after the QB played injured.... 

We are healthy (sans Leonard, and Pitt this week) this season, horrible start..... 

2021 passing start > 2022 passing start

Will Irsay toss Ryan under the bus publicly?

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I was not a fan of Jim as GM.

Became a fan of him as owner. 

He made me question things last year. 

Don't run your mouth,,,  on players in public. Started early last season, till this season... 

And if you do, better be right.... 

No he looks silly / ridiculous 

Lesson learned?

We had injury issues early last season. Played LAR close despite of our issues...

And run your mouth... after the QB played injured.... 

We are healthy (sans Leonard, and Pitt this week) this season, horrible start..... 

2021 passing start > 2022 passing start

Will Irsay toss Ryan under the bus publicly?

No he doesn't look ridiculous. Wentz is the same player he was last year and deserved every bit of criticism he got. We should stop with the revisionist history just because this team started horribly this season. Wentz was not the answer for our problems and he won't be the answer for Washington. I just hope he stays healthy and fools them for long enough that we get the higher pick. 

21 minutes ago, stitches said:

No he doesn't look ridiculous. Wentz is the same player he was last year and deserved every bit of criticism he got. We should stop with the revisionist history just because this team started horribly this season. Wentz was not the answer for our problems and he won't be the answer for Washington. I just hope he stays healthy and fools them for long enough that we get the higher pick. 

This is not revisionist lol. At all.

This is reality. 

Wentz was not great, but we had bigger issues.

Nobody (and me) is saying Wentz is/was great, or an answer. 

Those same issues are making the O and Ryan looking even worse. 

But hey, ignore the issues (OL, coaching, etc.)... blame Wentz if it makes you feel better.

And you don't talk smack about players publicly. Keep it internal. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

This is not revisionist lol. At all.

This is reality. 

Wentz was not great, but we had bigger issues.

Nobody (and me) is saying Wentz is/was great, or an answer. 

Those same issues are making the O and Ryan looking even worse. 

But hey, ignore the issues (OL, coaching, etc.)... blame Wentz if it makes you feel better.

And you don't talk smack about players publicly. Keep it internal. 

I'm not ignoring anything. I've been one of the most critical people here of all levels of this team - GM, coaching, players(not just Wentz). But Wentz was one of the problems of this team and Irsay was within his right to express his displeasure. 

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm not ignoring anything. I've been one of the most critical people here of all levels of this team - GM, coaching, players(not just Wentz). But Wentz was one of the problems of this team and Irsay was within his right to express his displeasure. 

Irsay can say anything wants... he owns the team.

His words can have an impact on his reputation.

And now media, SM, fans, etc.. are talking about him... 

33 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Buying more guitars and items to add to his collection. 

why do people keep saying this like it’s stupid to enjoy things outside of their business? I see this comment all the time like it holds any kind of relevancy to his state of mind. Do you buy things you enjoy? Or should you refrain? If you were a multi millionaire business owner would you refrain from buying things you want? Unlikely. Do you think we don’t have an elite QB or WR because he buys expensive guitars? I don’t see anyone complaint that he owns a private jet or a lemo. Nope. Just the musical instruments are complained about for some dumb reason. 

29 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

Sad I gave my Chiefs and Colts tickets away today to family members.

I was hoping to meet up with a childhood friend at the game. Maybe another time GB. Still love ya

:coltslogo:

Well there’s no reason you couldn’t have gone and hung out with your friend. Beers and friends always equals a good time regardless of the game on the field

32 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

Sad I gave my Chiefs and Colts tickets away today to family members.

I was hoping to meet up with a childhood friend at the game. Maybe another time GB. Still love ya

:coltslogo:

That's unfortunate, a couple weeks ago it would of been a lot more fun. Hope you guys get to meet up again at some point.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fans when Irsay says something:  Irsay needs to shut up and stop talking,

Fans when Irsay doesn’t say anything:  where’s Irsay?  Why isn’t he talking?

Of course, in this instance, the fans are probably correct. Even without hindsight, it was embarrassing to hear Irsay harp on about Wentz like that. It's also true that Irsay should probably say something about Reich and that loss. I believe he should fire him, but even if Irsay disagrees, not addressing it makes him look like he doesn't care, and he shouldn't mix that with the Wentz debacle in not saying anything. They are two separate issues. Saying nothing and not firing Reich after the Jax loss makes him look like he doesn't care somewhat.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

best wishes for your mom. i hope she survives. i honestly don't know the severity of the situation, so i'll just leave it at that.

Thank you Jared, I don't usually show anyone about my personal life. I just wanted to let everyone know I didn't give tickets away cause of Colts gameplay.. Thats it. thanks for your support buddy

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well there’s no reason you couldn’t have gone and hung out with your friend. Beers and friends always equals a good time regardless of the game on the field

Thanks, I have bigger issues than Colts. I didn't mean to make it sound like it was a colts thing. Sorry..

I think the "No Comment" spoke to his disgust. He spoke to his frustration regarding the 2021 Season ending loss to the Jags as late as the Owners meeting in the spring when he said " I have never seen anything lie it in my life, My God, there is something wrong here". Of course he meant Wentz. Far from the only issue with this team as they were just dominated by the very same team.

Archived