Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where is Mr. Irsay??

k9copinmd

12 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I think the "No Comment" spoke to his disgust. He spoke to his frustration regarding the 2021 Season ending loss to the Jags as late as the Owners meeting in the spring when he said " I have never seen anything lie it in my life, My God, there is something wrong here". Of course he meant Wentz. Far from the only issue with this team as they were just dominated by the very same team.

Irsay needs to give up owner ship to daughters. This team right now is been * for some time and change needs to be made.

4 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

Irsay needs to give up owner ship to daughters. This team right now is been * for some time and change needs to be made.

I don’t think he should give up ownership.  I get his frustration bc it’s been over 10yrs since Manning and we have had very little success. Instead I think he should choose his public moments better and maybe look into a team President. He can be a fan and an owner but should let football people make football decisions. 

1 hour ago, Indy87 said:

why do people keep saying this like it’s stupid to enjoy things outside of their business? I see this comment all the time like it holds any kind of relevancy to his state of mind. Do you buy things you enjoy? Or should you refrain? If you were a multi millionaire business owner would you refrain from buying things you want? Unlikely. Do you think we don’t have an elite QB or WR because he buys expensive guitars? I don’t see anyone complaint that he owns a private jet or a lemo. Nope. Just the musical instruments are complained about for some dumb reason. 

His passion for rock & roll and his appreciation for historic R&R collectables and memorabilia make me like him EVEN MORE!  Guy grew up with football and he is one heck of a fan and owner.  Your post is spot on and was exactly what I was thinking in reading the posts leading up to yours.  Cudos!

6 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I don’t think he should give up ownership.  I get his frustration bc it’s been over 10yrs since Manning and we have had very little success. Instead I think he should choose his public moments better and maybe look into a team President. He can be a fan and an owner but should let football people make football decisions. 

I see what your saying. But also like not having Manning back when he could have brought him back, that was cold and shady stuff. JMO Look where we are now.

We took Luck and I loved it. They let Luck take his beatings for like 6 years before line got some what issued. Irsay let this happen. IMO sorry

5 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

I see what your saying. But also like not having Manning back when he could have brought him back, that was cold and shady stuff. JMO Look where we are now.

We took Luck and I loved it. They let Luck take his beatings for like 6 years before line got some what issued. Irsay let this happen. IMO sorry

They made several moves trying to get a good OL and it didn’t work.  Just like Vallard has invested a ton in both sides of the line and it isnt working.  Luck was probably going to quit no matter what bc he didn’t want to play football.  It is no one’s fault. 

I agree letting Manning go was the dumbest thing an owner can ever do. You do not let an all time great leave your team when he can still play at a high level. Should have went all in building a team around him and going for SBs. 

22 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

They made several moves trying to get a good OL and it didn’t work.  Just like Vallard has invested a ton in both sides of the line and it isnt working.  Luck was probably going to quit no matter what bc he didn’t want to play football.  It is no one’s fault. 

I agree letting Manning go was the dumbest thing an owner can ever do. You do not let an all time great leave your team when he can still play at a high level. Should have went all in building a team around him and going for SBs. 

Are you really saying Luck would have quit even if he didnt take all his hits and injuries??

Bro give me what you are taking... seriously..

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

no one knew Peyton was going to be ok. Denver took a chance on him when he had a “noodle arm” which is why he has such fondness for the city. The injury he had wasn’t a sure thing to heal properly. 

I would have liked to see the Colts keep him and still draft Andrew but it is what it is. I just don’t like acting like he was 100% good and Irsay just bailed on him. 

fairy tale endings don’t happen in life. 

10 hours ago, Maniac53 said:

Are you really saying Luck would have quit even if he didnt take all his hits and injuries??

Bro give me what you are taking... seriously..

If anything, I wished Irsay would have entrusted Luck to an experienced GM, just like he entrusted Peyton to Polian. We may not be in this place if an experienced one took care of the OL right off the bat. While nothing is guaranteed, Luck's style of play however was different than Peyton's and we might have ended up seeing similar results. 

I know the Patriots, when they had Guge (the OL coach that yelled and the one we let go), they had that abysmal showing vs Broncos in 2015 AFCCG but not all could be blamed on him for them. He had huge shoes to fill and when they had Scarnecchia, they kept him happy and on their staff for the longest time, before Guge came in. So, if Guge worked for us and gave us results, you keep coaches that work for your OL and team performance, IMO, unless he was like Urban Meyer in behavior.

When our OL is cooking, everything flows from it. We control tempo and time of possession, keep our D's legs fresh etc. on top of scoring valuable points.

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If anything, I wished Irsay would have entrusted Luck to an experienced GM, just like he entrusted Peyton to Polian. We may not be in this place if an experienced one took care of the OL right off the bat. While nothing is guaranteed, Luck's style of play however was different than Peyton's and we might have ended up seeing similar results. 

I know the Patriots, when they had Guge (the OL coach that yelled and the one we let go), they had that abysmal showing vs Broncos in 2015 AFCCG but not all could be blamed on him for them. He had huge shoes to fill and when they had Scarnecchia, they kept him happy and on their staff for the longest time, before Guge came in. So, if Guge worked for us and gave us results, you keep coaches that work for your OL and team performance, IMO, unless he was like Urban Meyer in behavior.

When our OL is cooking, everything flows from it. We control tempo and time of possession, keep our D's legs fresh etc. on top of scoring valuable points.

Interesting point. We went with Grigson in 2012, when most media pundits had him completely off their radar:

https://www.nfl.com/news/opportunities-present-themselves-for-hot-gm-candidates-09000d5d825b843b

From that list, though, not too many of those guys have made the jump yet to the GM level besides DeCosta... 

As far as GMs with experience, here's the list of those fired:

AJ Smith

Tom Heckert Jr.

Rod Graves

Mike Tannenbaum

Gene Smith

I think Irsay's patience is at an end.  Next time we hear from him it will likely be a coaching change or full house cleaning. I am still surprised that he has not fired Frank yet.

Frank needs to upset KC badly but it is very hard to see that given how lifeless this team looks.  If the Colts have pride they will leave everything they have on the field this weekend but even then I don't think it's enough.  They will need KC to play poorly too in order to upset them I think.

But imagine for a moment we get blown out badly by KC.  Which is a real possibility.  At that point I don't know that he's going to be able to pull out of this tailspin.

On 9/20/2022 at 1:01 PM, Dobbinblitz said:

He knows this stinks worse the Rosie O'Donnell's underwear, and flies in the face of his organizational reset after last year's season ending debacle.

Good Lord Dude.  I wish I wouldn’t have read that first clause.  It’s going to take me a while to get that out of the olfactory area of my brain.

3 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

I think Irsay's patience is at an end.  Next time we hear from him it will likely be a coaching change or full house cleaning. I am still surprised that he has not fired Frank yet.

Frank needs to upset KC badly but it is very hard to see that given how lifeless this team looks.  If the Colts have pride they will leave everything they have on the field this weekend but even then I don't think it's enough.  They will need KC to play poorly too in order to upset them I think.

But imagine for a moment we get blown out badly by KC.  Which is a real possibility.  At that point I don't know that he's going to be able to pull out of this tailspin.

That’s what should have happened in Jacksonville. I posted it a couple years ago that Franks not it. Hard to understand how much more validation Irsay needs to see. Wake up Jim!

A better question for Mr. Irsay might be after not having won a divisional title since 2014, and only winning 1 playoff game during their tenure, why double-down on Ballard and Reich by giving them new 5-year contracts at the beginning of 2021? He could have let both contracts play out and done an honest evaluation at that point. Instead, he gave them both a vote of confidence by handing out new deals. Now, less than two years later, he may be forced to end both contracts if they cannot right this ship.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, Maniac53 said:

Thank you Jared, I don't usually show anyone about my personal life. I just wanted to let everyone know I didn't give tickets away cause of Colts gameplay.. Thats it. thanks for your support buddy

You have the support OF everyone here.   I’m so sorry to learn about your mom.   I hope you’re able to spend as much time with her as possible.   You won’t regret it. 

Thinking all the best thoughts for you and yours…..   

NCF

Archived