Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Take Eric Johnson DT In The 5th Round

LiveAndLetAddai

7 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I was hoping we would take a dt! I've never been a fan of grover.

Ive always liked Grover came in with low expectations and worked at his craft to become a starter. Will he ever be a star ? No not likely, but he is a lunch pail type who never misses time.

5 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

Seems a little undersized. 5 year starter with solid athleticism should provide some added depth. I’m good with this pick. 

Yeah he's a development pick. Will definitely need to add another 10 pounds.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I vaguely know him from just looking at players this year before the draft. Love the RAS score. He actually has a wrestling background like Rock did. Good player with a high floor IMO that is solid depth. Fine with the pick honestly.

As a former state champion I love the wrestlers, Rock was a bit handsy looking for double legs when wr's beat him, on the D Line not such an issue....lol

7 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

11 reps on the bench is rough.

I’m not sure where they got those numbers for his bench. He was snubbed from a combine invite, but it sounds like he had 20 reps at his pro day. Nothing spectacular, but not nearly as concerning as 11. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/eric-johnson-missouri-state-dt-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Don't know much of anything about him. I will have to watch him...Here's his RAS:

Another athletic player. 

9 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

11 reps on the bench is rough.

I saw that low bench according to RAS but online it says 20 reps. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/eric-johnson-missouri-state-dt-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

I wonder how much that would change his RAS of the bench rep is wrong. 

22 minutes ago, stitches said:

Don't know much of anything about him. I will have to watch him...Here's his RAS:

Another athletic player. 

He only benched 11 reps? Damn, if they can get this guy just average strength for a DT he's going to be big..

10 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Johnson just pushed Chris Williams and McIntosh to the bubble or beyond.

Johnson is Stewart’s backup and McIntosh is Buckners……

with his size and speed measurable I’d guess he would be Buckners backup, or at least competing for that spot

7 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

He only benched 11 reps? Damn, if they can get this guy just average strength for a DT he's going to be big..

19 minutes ago, James said:

Really rough.

Has he been skipping the weight room throughout college?

I thought my 225 x 5 was pretty solid haha on a serious note, it’s crazy how superhuman these guys are that 11-15 reps is low for lineman & a 4.5 40 for a WR is slow 

9 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Johnson is Stewart’s backup and McIntosh is Buckners……

with his size and speed measurable I’d guess he would be Buckners backup, or at least competing for that spot

Lewis will be in play inside as Buckner's backup and Dayo could see snaps there as well.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

We need an upgrade imo.

For what reason?  Our run defense has always been stout and he's part of the reason it is.

The role he's played has not catered towards pass rushing.  I think it will be more taylored towards

that in this system under Bradley but it wasn't under Eberflus. 

Archived