Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Take Eric Johnson DT In The 5th Round

LiveAndLetAddai

2 hours ago, CardiacColts said:

Seems a little undersized. 5 year starter with solid athleticism should provide some added depth. I’m good with this pick. 

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I vaguely know him from just looking at players this year before the draft. Love the RAS score. He actually has a wrestling background like Rock did. Good player with a high floor IMO that is solid depth. Fine with the pick honestly.

As someone from this school, and knowing one of his teammates, who I was texting earlier, You gotta remember Missouri State doesn't have like all athletes, and until 2020 didnt even have a real HC, the prior guy succkkkkkedd Since we got Petrino is where you watch from. But he only had a little help on Dline and he was our big guy and took the extra players. You saw him in the backfield a lot, and has the go go go type player

5 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Yeah, this guy wasn't drafted to replace Grover.....lol.

Much needed depth signing.

If Grover can't meet Bradley's min. requirement for pressuring the QB he will lose reps and this could be his last year here. 
 Of course this guy was drafted to be developed to take snaps at Grover's position.

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

If Grover can't meet Bradley's min. requirement for pressuring the QB he will lose reps and this could be his last year here. 
 Of course this guy was drafted to be developed to take snaps at Grover's position.

If that really is the plan, it would save us over 9 mil in cap space.

17 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Johnson was not drafted to replace anybody, let alone Grover Stewart.  Stewart plays NT, Johnson plays UT.  He was drafted, quite obviously, to possibly provide depth.  Because, you know, at the time he was drafted there were 4 interior DL on the entire roster.....1 at the position Johnson actually plays. 

It's 50/50 if Johnson will even make the team.  So, to summarize, Grover Stewart's replacement as starting NT for the Colts, is not on the roster right now.

I think earlier in this thread I posted that I read Johnson was more 3-Tech than 1-Tech.   But I’ve since read the team likes him as someone who can play a little of both.  

So Johnson may be able to do some backup of both Buckner AND Stewart.   The 1 and the 3. 

Archived