Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buccaneers @ Colts, November 28, 2021 at 1:00 PM EST

NFLfan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

My only gripe for Frank is I'd like to see him get creative with the run.  Runs to the outside, Play actions.  We've just been running it up the gut.

No gripes with Frank’s play calling today. He’s been on point. TBs defense has shut down the run with their #1 rush defense. Obviously their goal was not to let Taylor repeat the Bills game. 

Just now, Dasteez said:

No gripes with Frank’s play calling today. He’s been on point. TBs defense has shut down the run with their #1 rush defense. Obviously their goal was not to let Taylor repeat the Bills game. 

If we forget about the run it's going to bite us in the *.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He had the great TY and knew it, great play call by Frank. Frank knew the Bucs would key on Taylor, that allowed Wentz to TY like it was a walk in the park.

Give Wentz credit. :) He is playing well, passing the ball to many receivers and making accurate throws.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Jonathon "make'm Peyton".  There is that Vea thing.

I think we are wearing them down, our O.Line can end this thing and Taylor can just control the game at this point. Wentz will still have to make a big 1st down here and there but this is looking good right now. We can't turn it over that is the only thing that will beat us IMO.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We brought Taylor in and the Bucs crapped their pants and we just to throw it to TY. Frank went for it and got it, that is what good teams are made of. 24-14 and we get the ball back. TY is the 3rd greatest WR of our franchise, that was money.

Which is one reason that you leave him out of the game for a while.  To set up a play.

During any game, some plays or decisions are run to set up others down the road.  Kinda stupid for folks to criticize each play as if its in a vacuum.

4 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

My only gripe for Frank is I'd like to see him get creative with the run.  Runs to the outside, Play actions.  We've just been running it up the gut.

Yup. Radio said the exact same thing earlier. The other stuff is working, but don't run up the gut when they are rushing 5 men to clog the lanes. Radio called it something like a double synch, but more or less clogging both A-gaps. 

Just need to hit the edge with runs, or toss some screens or short flats to the RBs. A sweep would be nice. The edges are open a lot with the 5 man clog and DBs in coverage.

Play calling other than that has been pretty good. Only complaint I have in the passing game is why run a deep route with Pascal, your slowest WR..... It worked well with Dulin who is 4.4ish, so why not let him take the top off again, or at least let TY do it.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Give Wentz credit. :) He is playing well, passing the ball to many receivers and making accurate throws.

3TDs and about 200 yards in a half. Excellent job!

Need more. Can't let up vs Brady. And can't go soft on D like we did that last Bucs TD drive.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I gave Wentz credit last week and called last weeks win a signature win. If we win this one than Wentz breaks the jinx of not beating Brady since 2009 when Peyton got him.

He'd have done something Luck never could.

It would definitely be a signature win for Wentz as a Colt.

Archived