Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buccaneers @ Colts, November 28, 2021 at 1:00 PM EST

NFLfan

1 minute ago, #12. said:

The second that ball was strip sacked 98% of this forum knew we were losing.  Against a high level passing game, I have no faith in Eberflus or this pass defense.

Reich's situational play calling was questionable.  For a guy who preaches not getting too high or too low, he calls a panicked game at times.  It's head scratching how all or nothing Frank goes win the run or the pass.

Hard to win with that many turnovers.

Our defense kept us in this game, they are the reason we had a chance to win. Your offense turns the ball over 3 times and special teams turns it over 1 time you can not expect the defense to be able to hold off the most offensive powerhouse in the NFL 4 times in addition to all the other times. Almost no defense can overcome that period!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Bunch of crybabies on this site.
Colts beat themselves today and they are going to be okay. 

We are ok and still will make the playoffs IMO. We will never win another SB without a true Superstar at QB though because of the Refs. Not crying but it is obvious, when you have a superstar QB or a coach that is well respected in the league you get the borderline calls in close games. It has always been like that so I am used to it. I listen to sports talk radio and watch ESPN at times and we are an after thought because we don't have an Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc.. We had it with Luck and he quit, we had it with Peyton and still were called choke artists by many until we won a SB lol. I do like Wentz and will take football for what it is worth in my older age, fun to watch and glad we have a competitive team most years. After we won it in 2006 I thought it was complete miracle and we had a great team with guys like Marvin, Reggie, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders, Vinny, and arguably the greatest QB ever so that says a lot. 

Hey we could've been the Bills from 1990-1993 with 0 SB wins and they had a great team off the charts going to 4 straight SB's - look at those rosters. We could've been Dan Marino's Dolphins who never won one, we could've been the 1998 Vikings who should've won the SB easily and they lost to Chandler. I have a friend who is a Jazz fan and he is jealous of me because he had 15 years of greatness with Stockton and Malone but 0 Championships to show for it and we won 1 with Peyton at least. He hates Jordan lmao .

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are ok and still will make the playoffs IMO. We will never win another SB though without a true Superstar at QB though because of the Refs. Not crying but it is obvious, when you have a superstar QB or a coach that is well respected in the league you get the borderline calls in close games. It has always been like that so I am used to it. I listen to sports talk radio and watch ESPN at times and we are an after thought because we don't have an Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc.. We had it with Luck and he quit, we had it with Peyton and still were called choke artists by many until we won a SB lol. I do like Wentz and will take football for what it is worth in my older age, fun to watch and glad we have a competitive team most years. After we won it in 2006 I thought it was complete miracle and we had a great team with guys like Marvin, Reggie, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders, Vinny, and arguably the greatest QB ever so that says a lot. 

Hey we could've been the Bills from 1990-1993 with 0 SB wins and they had a great team off the charts going to 4 straight SB's - look at those rosters. We could've been Dan Marino's Dolphins who never won one, we could've been the 1998 Vikings who should've won the DSB easily and they lost to Chandler. I have a friend who is a Jazz fan and he is jealous of me because he had 15 years of greatness with Stockton and Malone but 0 Championships to show for it and we won 1 with Peyton at least. He hates Jordan lmao .

Disagree. Remember when we won thr super bowl with Manning? U look at his play off performance that year and it was rather lack luster.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Did anyone realistically think the colts were going to beat Brady??

....I mean hoping yes BUT really think the colts would get the WIN??

We certainly had the potential to. 

Better play calling and we might have.

Not using JT any more than we did Was ridiculous.  

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Last week you wrote that the Bills were a bad team. Their record says they are 7-4. 

I said they were over rated not bad. Everyone said they were a top 3 D. I said they played bad qbs up until the Colts. I predicted the Colts would match up. Look at my posts. Bills D is small and Allen plays hero ball. I thought the Bucs were a bad match up. The Colts offence really impressed me, but u will not win with 4 turnovers. The D is the D. They play well for a short but but eventually collapse. They seem to wear out and I think it is partially due to the scheme. It is very passive and when the other teams O gets momentum, they just seem to lose it. I would prefer a more aggressive defence. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We would've never been there had we not had Manning is my point and against the Pats he had a perfect passing rating in the 2nd half. Stop it.

Do you know what the key was during that playoff run? Surprise, surprise, we stayed patient with the run even when we were down 21 to 3 versus the Patriots. That was the difference from prior playoff runs, we did not fall in love with the pass. 

I should not have left home at half time to go to the gas station :(, by the time I was back it was 24-21 Colts.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We would've never been there had we not had Manning is my point and against the Pats he had a perfect passing rating in the 2nd half. Stop it.

I think Wentz was very good today. He was not the problem. Theturn overs were and this D collapses every time thr opposing D forces a turn over.

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Yes the colts have had the potential and more for a number of years BUT THEY DON'T. Brady will never lose to the colts, the Football Gods will make sure of it.

But since brady plays in the NFC now, there's a bigger nemesis that the colts never beat( well not since '09)and that's Belichek & Kraft. Do you think the football Gods will smile on them or us when we play them in a few weeks?

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Do you know what the key was during that playoff run? Surprise, surprise, we stayed patient with the run even when we were down 21 to 3 versus the Patriots. That was the difference from prior playoff runs, we did not fall in love with the pass. 

I should not have left home at half time to go to the gas station :(, by the time I was back it was 24-21 Colts.

U know what is sad. I really think the Colts had a chance of catching the Titans because of their injuries. I would not be surprise if they   go on big losing streak.

11 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes the colts have had the potential and more for a number of years BUT THEY DON'T. Brady will never lose to the colts, the Football Gods will make sure of it.

But since brady plays in the NFC now, there's a bigger nemesis that the colts never beat( well not since '09)and that's Belichek & Kraft. Do you think the football Gods will smile on them or us when we play them in a few weeks?

I hear ya.  I feel your Frustration and I am right there with you.

And to answer your original question as to whether anyone really thought we'd win today.  If I'm being honest, my answer is No I really didn't.   But at the half I really thought we just might.   Of course even being up at the half - I said to my family, I never feel really confident this early on in the game. And you can never count Brady out.  It is what it is. 

As for the Patriots, They are scary good this year. 

29 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Hines doesn't need to be returning kicks. Isn't this his second fumble this season?

At 6-6 I'd say our playoff chances are pretty damn slim.

Instead of having Marlon Mack inactive every game, he could return punts and spell Taylor late in blowouts, or on occasions in which he needs a breather.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We had Peyton and a great team too. Stars that were due to win a SB as in Peyton, Marv, Reggie, Freeney, Mathis, Vinny, and Bob We had the star power back then and the league loved Dungy. I really felt like the league/refs and even the networks gave us credibility when we had Luck too because he was a huge name and carried the team to many wins.

The narrative by the media after todays game will be, Taylor is a very good RB with potential to be great, Wentz is ok but can't carry a team to an elite win, the Colts are nothing more than WildCard team that is one and done. I don't believe that but that is what people think and the REFS don't give good players the benefit of crap, the give Elite players the benefit of everything. I say the truth.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are ok and still will make the playoffs IMO. We will never win another SB without a true Superstar at QB though because of the Refs. Not crying but it is obvious, when you have a superstar QB or a coach that is well respected in the league you get the borderline calls in close games. It has always been like that so I am used to it. I listen to sports talk radio and watch ESPN at times and we are an after thought because we don't have an Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc.. We had it with Luck and he quit, we had it with Peyton and still were called choke artists by many until we won a SB lol. I do like Wentz and will take football for what it is worth in my older age, fun to watch and glad we have a competitive team most years. After we won it in 2006 I thought it was complete miracle and we had a great team with guys like Marvin, Reggie, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders, Vinny, and arguably the greatest QB ever so that says a lot. 

Hey we could've been the Bills from 1990-1993 with 0 SB wins and they had a great team off the charts going to 4 straight SB's - look at those rosters. We could've been Dan Marino's Dolphins who never won one, we could've been the 1998 Vikings who should've won the DSB easily and they lost to Chandler. I have a friend who is a Jazz fan and he is jealous of me because he had 15 years of greatness with Stockton and Malone but 0 Championships to show for it and we won 1 with Peyton at least. He hates Jordan lmao .

I agree with most of what you said. You read between the lines like some of us but don't reveal much of what you feel. 

I also don't think we will win another SB, but getting lucky and making a 1 year run is possible. The Eagles recently did and their not loved by the league, and neither are the Ravens who won with Flaco.

This year I feel we're as good as anyone in the AFC, If not the Best.....yet we're only 6-6 and probably cant lose any more than 1 more game to slip into a wild card spot. 

That's a Shame. 

But like you said your used to it and glad we have a competitive team and you enjoy that. And like me, you use your knowledge & wisdom on making some cash on the games. ... and that's good.:D

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I agree with most of what you said. You read between the lines like some of us but don't reveal much of what you feel. 

I also don't think we will win another SB, but getting lucky and making a 1 year run is possible. The Eagles recently did and their not loved by the league, and neither are the Ravens who won with Flaco.

This year I feel we're as good as anyone in the AFC, If not the Best.....yet we're only 6-6 and probably cant lose any more than 1 more game to slip into a wild card spot. 

That's a Shame. 

But like you said your used to it and glad we have a competitive team and you enjoy that. And like me, you use your knowledge & wisdom on making some cash on the games. ... and that's good.:D

It is just par for the course with me. I have watch this game for 45 years so I see tendencies, how games are called, who the popular teams are, etc.. To bet on this game you need that edge too :thmup:. I think with us being a small market team we need more star power, JMO. I love the Colts and our team but if anyone thinks we are winning a SB this year or next don't hold your breath. Hell it took pulling teeth just get 1 with freakin Peyton who was basically the Michael Jordan of football. 

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

Play calling definitely an issue but you aren’t gonna win many games when your defense gives up 30+ in a game. That’s pathetic.

They score 24 points off of turnovers and some very short fields. Hard for me to blame the D. Sure they gave up the points but to be expected given the short fields.

The PI call on RYSwas nonsense as was the call in the EZ on 3rd and 8. 

26 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Two of the drives were 65 yard drives. Another was 34. Nice try

You forgot the 4th. Nice try. one of the 65 yders was aided by a very questionable PI call of about 40 yds. You are still talking about 4 scores that covered about 175 yds {roughly 44 yd average not deducting the distance of the FG}. Short fields.

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

We should have scored over 40 points with this game plan. It came down to 4 turnovers. U take lets say 2 turnovers away and I bet they getting 40. Not a bad day play calling. It is funny how people love to blame  Frank,'s play calling but never the defence for 24 points off turnovers. Ballard has not built a good D. They play good for a bit then they get shredded

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Brady literally did nothing..

How come everytime we lose, an opposing offensive player puts up huge numbers? Look at every game we lost and I bet a receiver or a tight end put up huge numbers. This D is ineffective in being able to shut down a key player. It happened again with Gronk

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never said wentz was the problem. For some reason some aren't getting my point. That is cool. Wentz is good, he like Rivers.

Sorry. I think moving forward these r thr problems that need to b addressed. Thr pass coverage sucks and the linebackers cannot cover. Thr front 4 cannot consistently get pressure. Time to scrap this D and go in a different direction.

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We should have scored over 40 points with this game plan. It came down to 4 turnovers. U take lets say 2 turnovers away and I bet they getting 40. Not a bad day play calling. It is funny how people love to blame  Frank,'s play calling but never the defence for 24 points off turnovers. Ballard has not built a good D. They play good for a bit then they get shredded

As I said in another post his call on 4th down to go for it instead of FG paid off.   So yes good calls too.

I just wish we  used JT more for the running game. 

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sorry. I think moving forward these r thr problems that need to b addressed. Thr pass coverage sucks and the linebackers cannot cover. Thr front 4 cannot consistently get pressure. Time to scrap this D and go in a different direction.

I hate our D scheme and have said that since the Ravens game. It isn't beating any Elite QB as in Lamar, and especially Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, etc.. Well maybe Rodgers because for some reason the football Gods love us vs him, he could score 49 but we would put up 50 against GB lmao 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How come everytime we lose, an opposing offensive player puts up huge numbers? Look at every game we lost and I bet a receiver or a tight end put up huge numbers. This D is ineffective in being able to shut down a key player. It happened again with Gronk

Lockett

Kupp

Andrews 

Brown

Gronk

What you mean, it's not like those are top guys who require attention :sarcasm:

27 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lockett

Kupp

Andrews 

Brown

Gronk

What you mean, it's not like those are top guys who require attention :sarcasm:

Lol. In order for this team to take the next step they need another skill position at wr. Thr offence is settling in.  I really hope Campbell makes a come back but he has been hurt every year. Step 2. Scrap the defence. People give it to me when Leonard makes s play. I can take. It. I have always said he is a great playmaker but average in pass and run defence.  Still not worth 20 million. We so need players in the back end that can cover. Okereke, Leonard, Willis, Blackmon and our corners are average in  pass coverage at best. Oh and did I mention a passs rush would be nice ??

• Nadine locked this topic
  • NFLfan unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived