Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Jets at Colts Post Game Thoughts....

EastStreet

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reich still making scoring differential decision errors, imho, that have cost them wins.  This game almost became just way too close at the end because he ignored the “up by a number of scores” dynamic.  Game ended up 2 scores instead of up 3 scores as it should’ve been had he taken the FG instead of the needless 4th and 2 gamble, which of course, predictably failed as they usually do for the Colts when inside the 5 yard line.  

Reich needs to learn the number of scores dynamic. It drives me crazy!

Defence has some great players, but the secondary is weak at best.

Generally a fantastic offensive showing!

Need 7 more wins over the next 8 games to secure a playoff spot.  (Not sure if 7 wins will do it.)

Go Colts!

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Great job by the offense and the defense plays a terrible half with prevent defense where the Jets had a shot at an onside kick to potentially tie the game if Okereke doesn't get the interception when they had a 42-10 lead.

Eberflus needs to be fired and Reich needs to be reprimanded.

Other than that, the offense had a great game for 3 quarters until they let off the gas.

Right. Are we aware how close we were to blowing that game. I would say it’s unbelievable but, yea.

5 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Why did Frank three and out on passes again... run and make them burn that last time out and eat the clock. He gave them a second chance and got lucky they didn't fight back...GG OL and RBs

He coached a hell of a game but I don't get those three and out all passing when we need to just make it end...

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Pass rush isn’t good enough to play a prevent defense

Actually the front four was really good tonight.  They had at least three sacks and were very close on several others.  They got pressure just too many times Josh Johnson had a wide open wr to bail him out.  This one is on the secondary and the prevent defense.  This was the Ravens game part two just with better pass rush.

Do we not have one guy on the defense with the balls to say “can we play a little more man coverage or press at the line?” I’d hate being burnt in a coverage I know I’m not good in lol especially with lack of pass rush talent or scheming your playmaking DT open 

I thought Stallworth had a good game. 2 Sacks and a deflection. 

I hope Paye can get home, as he is getting there. 

DBs and LBs need to guard somebody, Flus needs to fix his scheme. 

Frank, I was for going for it on 4th down in RZ, absolutely hated the call though. Empty Backfield with RB direct snap, terrible call.

In the positive news, we had one penalty called but zero accepted (since we gave up the completion instead, but still)

17 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Offense good

Defense BAD

I'd go + on one, - on the other...

Offense great

Defense horrible

Pass defense beyond horrible

14 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Eberflus needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. 

and then, write two letters.... (Traffic reference)

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think zach was our leading reciever.

Pittman

3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I think pryor did just fine.

I thought I heard Pryor was dinged too? 

Could have heard it wrong

Just now, tvturner said:

This is not a playoff caliber defense

Josh Allen is going to torch it in a few weeks

Wentz needs to place the ball better on deep throws 

I think we’d be a playoff team in the Big 12.  They don’t play defense either.  

I’ve been saying for weeks we need more looks with Taylor and Hines in together. It compromises a defense because they HAVE to respect both for the very reasons we saw tonight. 

When we really leaned on those RBs it operated like a well oiled machine. When we got pass happy later on it started to stutter. (Anyone under a headset noticing a theme here?) 

Really didn’t love the first team having to finish this game out. If someone had gotten injured when we were up by 19 I sure wouldn’t have appreciated that, but that’s another “that’s on me” that we’ll get to deal deal with some other time. 

Still too much cute nonsense for my taste from Frank. The TD to Pinter was nice and all, but it’s exactly like I said in the game day thread: this offense is legit. We don’t need to line up and try and use trickery, gadgetry, or just flat out gimmickry to make plays. We’re good enough to line up and just beat defenses straight up. 

It’s games like this where we see how good it can be that make the incidents like Sunday that much more frustrating. Even though this game from Frank earned a passing grade I still can’t help but have a sense of dread that we’ll have another Titans-esque head scratcher before the month is out. There in the 4th quarter it got to feeling a little bit like Frank was brandishing it at us threateningly when we just stopped running the ball and tried to pass to run out the clock with a 3 score lead. 

Anyways, it’s a win, offense looked good, Taylor continues his ascent to the throne, no one got hurt… :thmup:

Defense… 

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Instead of the Peanut Punch let’s call it the Maniac Mash. 

Some real encouraging play from Paye and Dayo tonight. 

Just now, King Colt said:

Stop with the Super Bowl III story. Most of the players are dead and most of the fans weren't born, 

Namath wasn't even that good, watch the "Americas Game" episode of that team his teammates basically had to drag him out of the bars to play the games on sundays.

Why? Started off great in the first half third-quarter-into the fourth the offensive calls were horrible, it’s like they grabbed the lawn chairs and laid-back. Don’t get me wrong I love the Colts but their playcalling is horrible. Take the playbook away from Frank Reich and give it to someone who knows how to run an offense like this. The defense also seemed to go to sleep in the fourth quarter it was almost embarrassing I know the D is better than that but yet a win is a win. I think we need some back office changes the team is good, play calling is bad. Frank this is a business, treat it like one! you don’t need to be their friend. You need to be their leader. Way too much time is lost during the 40 second play clock.

frustrated diehard Colts fan. 

1. Offense
    • 25 runs, 30 passes..... Nirvana... 
    • Wentz played almost perfectly. 73% even with drops, 270+ yards, 3 TDs, 130+ passer rating. 10 different players caught passes. Can you talk about good at progressions and finding the guy... 
    • Taylor is a beast, again... 170+ and 2 TDs
    • Great to see Hines get his groove back. 100+ all purpose yards
    • Pittman 5 of 6, and 60+, well on his way to 1100+
    • What the hell are we doing with Mo... He was leading the team in TDs. Leading the team in passer rating when targeted, and is leading the team in separation... one first read target? But we'll continue to draw up first read targets to Pascal who leads the team in drops and was 4 of 7 with another drop tonight.
    • Great to see Pinter and Patmon get a taste
    • Why the need to get cute with Sam in that situation. JUST NO... RTDB (with a RB)...
    • Good things happen when you have balance... write it down.
  2. Defense
    • Well we gave up 100ish and a TD in a quarter by a backup. I thought that was bad. Then we have up 300 and 3 TDs to the backup's backup the next three quarters.... It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Can anyone (but @NewColtsFan ) really say that our pass D isn't horrendous and pass the red faced test? I'm sure I'll get a sad face like several of you in this thread who criticized the pass D... 
    • Our D letting us get outscored 20-3 is just not good after mid-3rd... sigh
    • Leonard with another peanut punch! He may be average or below in coverage, but he's more than making up for it in splash plays. 
    • Oke has put together some nice games. All vs bad Os, but he looks to be playing smarter and making better decisions. I really hope it continues. We really need him to step up. 
    • Stallworth played very well. Best game from him EVER IMO. 2 sacks and 3 QBHs.... 
    • Our DL had no sacks aside from Stallworth... Really??... And against two backups who both held the ball a long time...  What a disappointment. 
    • Aside from the penalty, thought RYS had a good game. Rodgers looked better too. 

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

Colts punted 1 time.... all game. Just once!  Literally could have put up 60 if they wanted too.

How many times did the Jets punt with a 3rd string QB that put up three touchdowns and almost 300 yards while not even playing a entire game? Jets D stopped us in crunch time when we had to keep the ball away from them. We did nothing in the 4th quarter when they were scoring every single drive. You’re in absolute denial if you think that game wasn’t in danger of being lost. Give the Jets 3-4 more minutes, and I guarantee that game is down to a single score, if not worse. 

Archived