Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the Hilton Injury a possible season ender?

TimetobringDfence!

Back to the topic: neck surgery is NEVER  small stuff. Especially for a football player. TY’s future is totally uncertain: he could be done; he could be back in a few weeks. If I were betting, I’d wager he misses at least half the season. He’s a tough hombre, but this is serious, uncertain territory. And his body has been slowly breaking down for a couple of seasons now.  Fingers crossed for him and the team. 

19 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Back to the topic: neck surgery is NEVER  small stuff. Especially for a football player. TY’s future is totally uncertain: he could be done; he could be back in a few weeks. If I were betting, I’d wager he misses at least half the season. He’s a tough hombre, but this is serious, uncertain territory. And his body has been slowly breaking down for a couple of seasons now.  Fingers crossed for him and the team. 

Agree.  The procedure he had may well have been a "laminectomy" - the neurosurgeon "cleans up" (opens) the pathway where the nerve bundle enters/exits the affected discs.  Not really so "minor."

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

I'm sure he's getting the best medical advice.  I just hope he takes it.  This is not like gutting out a bad ankle.  

Totally agree with you, this is serious.  It's not like he's a QB who gets hit once in a while.  He pretty much gets hit every time he catches the ball (although he's almost Marvin-like the way he avoids hits)

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

And now it's official. Good signing.

And I guess this could impact the active roster, it's a lot easier now to activate a player on game day.

I think it was a fantastic grab with Hilton's status and Campbell's health history. We're awfully thin at Z/slot speed types.

Coutee has a ton of upside, but of course, has his own health history. If you watch his highlights, he's not that all dissimilar to TY (they way he plays)

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I think it was a fantastic grab with Hilton's status and Campbell's health history. We're awfully thin at Z/slot speed types.

Coutee has a ton of upside, but of course, has his own health history. If you watch his highlights, he's not that all dissimilar to TY (they way he plays)

I didn’t realize he was so young. Doesnt it feels like he has been in the league a long time.

6 hours ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

He should have gone last year. The owner kept him here, not his ability.

You're right.  It was pretty obvious after the news broke of his signing and the presser that Irsay had post-signing, that he usurped Ballard on the final offer, snatching him away from the open jaws of the Ravens.  (Certainly demonstrates his loyalty to iconic players and Hilton's loyalty to the horseshoe)

Archived