Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game 1: Carolina @ Indianapolis 1pm

w87r

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Tough luck my friend! Hopefully they are at least giving credit to our players when it’s due but I know how it is

They don't say much unless we have someone that played college here. Steve Smith in on the SE train at start of game. Has not talked one time of the competition between our 2 young QBs since. 

Well Venturi just admitted he just likes Ehlinger more than Eason.

Both QBs have played well besides the bad int thrown by Ehlinger. His mobility is a huge plus, but I think Eason had the best throw of the game to Campbell.

Might have to keep 3 on the roster…..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Elhinger really settling into to this game now.

To me he clearly gives us a better chance to compete here early,  eyes downfield, progressions, wheels.

I don’t think he gives us a great chance but better than Eason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• NFLfan locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Preseason   No game planning   THEN no seperation.    
    • He started off decent for awhile .  Then toward the end it was pretty bad.
    • Another "new" qb but the same recurring theme. There's no "explosive or dynamic" wide receivers on this team that can stretch opposing secondaries in today's wide open explosive NFL. We have no one that commands a double team or puts fear in the vertical game that you have to account for on a consistent basis.   Pittman is a dawg but not that type of receiver. In a spread offense with his skillset Pitt would be a nightmare match-up as a 2 or 3 against opposing corners. The rookie Pierce has nice hands but even in college with his speed and size was used more as a possession type. Dulin, Patmon, Coutee and Campbell are "just guys" who for whatever reason whether it's due to injuries or simply the fact that they're just underwhelming at the NFL level. Regardless of whoever was going to be qb1 on this team for the season we've all seen this collection of receivers before to realize upgrades were needed at that position. Thus why some outside of Indy don't even see the Colts as a legit threat. Unless JT can get one or two of those big runs a game this offense lacks big play abilities.   With our starting offense Matt was forced to throw short passes into some VERY tight windows while the pocket was collapsing against the Bills SECOND stringers and that's a BIG problem moving forward. You have given an aging non mobile passing qb a shakey pass protecting o-line (who by the way ranked almost dead last in that category a season ago) and no receivers that have burst or wiggle off the line. This has also played out in training camp so far against our own starting defense. I heard Rick say the dreaded "Our receivers can't get any separation" during the game and that he would like to see those guys TRY to stretch the field by challenging the seams. This has been an ongoing issue for the past few years.   Some can chalk this as a vanilla ran scheme for the preseason but I see it as a recurring PROBLEM in Frank's 3yd and a cloud of dust type of BASIC offense that opposing defenses were starting to put the clamps on toward the end of last season by focusing on JT which in turn forced Carson to hold the ball waiting for a receiver to get open and bad things happened. The only difference now is that Matt like Rivers before him will dump off to Hines or JT out the backfield when the play breaks down but still is that your big play offense? By the way what is Frank's offensive system anyway? I do love the young collection of TE's but can they be utilized to become weapons in their own rights? Only time will tell.   By the way I miss the days of Peyton and Luck early with BA that when our defense came up with a turnover they tried to make you pay immediately with a big play over the top. Now it usually starts with a run up the middle and ends with a going for it on a 4th and 2 in a 10 yd span. 
    • I agree. I’m not at or even close to the fire Reich point. I do worry about the OL regression but hopefully they can get that fixed
  • Members

• SOMDColtsfan

SOMDColtsfan 200

• luv_pony_express

luv_pony_express 1,099

• USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier 30

• csmopar

csmopar 9,923

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 2,032

• BigO