Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game 1: Carolina @ Indianapolis 1pm

w87r

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stitches said:

He did step out after he betted it in and before he touched it again. They are probably going to rule it Panthers ball. 

It did not look like it. But you were right.

How do you like Holton Hill so far?

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

A good referee would explain that the play stands due to the ball going out and not the player... but why do that?

I believe refs say the call "stands" if they did not have conclusive video evidence but it looked conclusive that the player did not go out of bounds. 

2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

A good referee would explain that the play stands due to the ball going out and not the player... but why do that?

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Yeah, this ref sucks. Stands as called with 0 explanation. Lazy and awful

Yeah at least an explanation.

I really didn't figure we would come away with ball since play was blown dead. Tell us why though.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I believe refs say the call "stands" if they did not have conclusive video evidence but it looked conclusive that the player did not go out of bounds. 

Edit: disregard, I thought you said conclusive that he "did" go out. Carry on.

If he stepped out, he clearly reestablished himself inbounds prior to touching the ball so that explanation does not work. The ball looked to possibly touch the line on its own, however.

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

As a technically accurate point most drafted QBs don't amount to anything. But some later round guys do pan out and I didn't see anything from Eason today that made me think he's.... the Sam Tevi of QB'ing and again- I'm mystified at the criticism from "touch" to "step up in the pocket", as if he it's not his first NFL live action.  

He's your week 1 starter, odds on. And I think with better protection, he's going to turn some heads.

What I was saying is that I would usually be completely disinterested in any Colts 4th round QB.  We’ve had Manning and Luck and backup QBs are usually an afterthought.  I have never been interested in any drafted QB from the Colts other than Manning and a luck.  If Wentz wasn’t hurt, I’d be equally disinterested in anything that Eason was doing.

right now from my limited perspective I think I’d rather see Ehlinger,  but it’s the difference between death by hanging or death by drowning,  don’t want to be killed but I think I’d rather hang than drown, but I’m not really sure.

Archived