Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game 1: Carolina @ Indianapolis 1pm

w87r

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

I was hoping that with Rivers mentoring him last year, he would’ve pick that up from him.  I guess that is something you can’t really teach, but with experience or you’re just born with that mental edge

Some guys get better but it seems pretty much you have it or not to me.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I disagree with people here who thought the pass to Strachan was a drop. IMO it was a ball that got away from Eason. It was an inaccurate pass and the only reason is looked close was that Strachan is super long and managed to lay a finger on it. 

The Office Thank You GIF

9 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

I only threw for 180 yards we should be 360 for a whole game so I guess that’s OK not great. He also did that with almost no offense of line help

there is more to stats how many games did dak presscott got 300 to 400 yards in a blow out loss .  i am looking at his reads and progressions .   he has potential to be great he needs more playing time . 

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Slow processer, not feet.  Rivers is one of the quickest readers in NFL history.

he read War and peace one in one weekend,

there were many many no read plays that came out quick that makes his percentage look better.

Ahhh. Gotcha.

That can be learned through coaching and experience though.

Don’t forget, Eason only played 2 full years of college ball and pre season or regular season games last year.

We will have to see how Ehlinger does. But Colts don’t have many options until Wentz is back.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

I disagree with people here who thought the pass to Strachan was a drop. IMO it was a ball that got away from Eason. It was an inaccurate pass and the only reason is looked close was that Strachan is super long and managed to lay a finger on it. 

I feel the same way

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

1 minute ago, krunk said:

How much pressure did you see Carolina send? I didn't see much and the way we blocked it wasn't really necessary. However until he learns to work the pocket I think those college issues are still there. I see the potential though

Being a preseason game (and the first one, at that,) I don’t think they ran a lot of blitzes. At least not serious ones. 

If this were a regular season game I think we’d be having a vastly different experience with the way our blocking has been today. 

So no starting offensive linemen in front of him. Patmon and Strachan lined up at WR. Green and Gransen at TE. Only Marlon Mack, Wilkins and Campbell playing with any kind of real experience among the skill position groups and Eason completes 71% of his passes for 180 yards and no INT's in a half against 1st and 2nd stringers from the Panthers. 

He has some kinks to work out with moving in the pocket and maybe a little bit of touch on a few of his passes, but if you walk away saying he sucks or he couldn't win in this league based off of today - you need to re-evaluate your football knowledge. I guarantee that Brad/Reich/Ballard are all very pleased with his performance today!

2 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

My high school coach always said if it hits your hands, it must be caught no matter what! Or youd be in the doghouse!

Meh, that's bad coaching and bad way to evaluate whether an incompletion was a drop or inaccurate pass. Just watch where the ball is... it's nowhere close to where it needed to be, you can see it best from the camera behind him... It was WAYYYYY ahead of Strachan. He did a full stretch and barely managed to put finger on it. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah that was full extension on Mike's part on a loose missile...he made a hell of a grab when he got his whole hand on it.

1 minute ago, Scott Pennock said:

So no starting offensive linemen in front of him. Patmon and Strachan lined up at WR. Green and Gransen at TE. Only Marlon Mack, Wilkins and Campbell playing with any kind of real experience among the skill position groups and Eason completes 71% of his passes for 180 yards and no INT's in a half against 1st and 2nd stringers from the Panthers. 

He has some kinks to work out with moving in the pocket and maybe a little bit of touch on a few of his passes, but if you walk away saying he sucks or he couldn't win in this league based off of today - you need to re-evaluate your football knowledge. I guarantee that Brad/Reich/Ballard are all very pleased with his performance today!

He’s playing v. Carolinas backups.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Meh, that's bad coaching and bad way to evaluate whether an incompletion was a drop or inaccurate pass. Just watch where the ball is... it's nowhere close to where it needed to be, you can see it best from the camera behind him... It was WAYYYYY ahead of Strachan. He did a full stretch and barely managed to put finger on it. 

Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

his lack of ability to sense pressure is what made him drop in the draft . the strip sack and the sack on 4th down he holds onto the ball to long and panics runs back wards for a big loss .   he has amazing arm talent if he can work on sensing pressure better and reading defenses he will be a stud .

Archived