Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game 1: Carolina @ Indianapolis 1pm

w87r

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Eason looking pretty good for a guy who hasn’t faced much live action in a while. 

He looks good when he can stare down and throw to the first guy.  There are literally hundreds of guys who can do this.  Otherwise he looks like he’s not close to good enough IMO.

His arm talent is clear though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

We can win a few games with Eason with our run game and D doing the heavy work.That's all I was looking for outta him at this point which is nice.

I actually feel like... Eason can actually be a bit more than just the guy handing the ball to Taylor. The problem is... he can be that both ways - he can make some throws that win you the game, but he can also make some plays that lose you the game. 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

eason is okay not great , he is going through progressions slow and not adjusting at the line .  that run play he should of adjusted for the extra defender .    i wanna see sam he is chad kelly like and will take easons job

Why? Chad Kelly didn't take anyone's job? Eason is the more gifted pro-style QB, Sam was a great college QB - there is a difference

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

eason is okay not great , he is going through progressions slow and not adjusting at the line .  that run play he should of adjusted for the extra defender .    i wanna see sam he is chad kelly like and will take easons job

Chad Kelly like?? What terrible and not talented enough to play a single NFL down?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

He actually except a couple times was getting the ball out quick. Vanilla offense so your not going to see many checkdowns ect.

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

He only threw for 180 yards we should be 360 for a whole game so I guess that’s OK not great. He also did that with almost no offense of line help

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Going to be fun to see what Sam has. Will probably play all second half.

Next week more offensive starters might play. 

Yea, I’m ready to get a good look at Sam.  One thing on Eason this game was he did hold on to the ball a bit long, but still had a solid half.  It was night and day on his 2 minute drill though.  If he can get the ball out as fast as he did right before the half, he’ll be that much better

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Huh…. And Rivers wasn’t slow?

And yes, it’s the pre-season. He is playing backups, he also is playing WITH backups.

Slow processer, not feet.  Rivers is one of the quickest readers in NFL history.

he read War and peace one in one weekend,

there were many many no read plays that came out quick that makes his percentage look better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Why? Chad Kelly didn't take anyone's job? Eason is the more gifted pro-style QB, Sam was a great college QB - there is a difference

chad kelly had off the field issues and it haunted him without them he would be a good QB .  he has that it factor that tim tebow has , put him in the 2 minute drill watch him ball out

Just now, coming on strong said:

chad kelly had off the field issues and it haunted him without them he be a good QB .  he has that it factor that tim tebow has , put him in the 2 minute drill watch him ball out

Kelly had off the field issues long before he came to the Colts.

But to the best of my knowledge, there were no off the field issues while he was with Indy. 
If there were, I never heard a word about it. 

I disagree with people here who thought the pass to Strachan was a drop. IMO it was a ball that got away from Eason. It was an inaccurate pass and the only reason is looked close was that Strachan is super long and managed to lay a finger on it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Slow processer, not feet.  Rivers is one of the quickest readers in NFL history.

he read War and peace one in one weekend,

there were many many no read plays that came out quick that makes his percentage look better.

I was hoping that with Rivers mentoring him last year, he would’ve pick that up from him.  I guess that is something you can’t really teach, but with experience or you’re just born with that mental edge

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

chad kelly had off the field issues and it haunted him without them he be a good QB .  he has that it factor that tim tebow has , put him in the 2 minute drill watch him ball out

I don't entirely disagree BUT how do off-field issues affect the way you play on the field? Tim Tebow's "it" factor led him to 7 years in MiLB before finally returning as a TE that he should have done many years sooner.....

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

chad kelly had off the field issues and it haunted him without them he would be a good QB .  he has that it factor that tim tebow has , put him in the 2 minute drill watch him ball out

Bwahahaha. That’s some serious dope you are smoking. If he had talent, his off field wouldn’t matter. He isn’t NFL good dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I disagree with people here who thought the pass to Strachan was a drop. IMO it was a ball that got away from Eason. It was an inaccurate pass and the only reason is looked close was that Strachan is super long and managed to lay a finger on it. 

My high school coach always said if it hits your hands, it must be caught no matter what! Or youd be in the doghouse!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

How much pressure did you see Carolina send? I didn't see much and the way we blocked it wasn't really necessary. If they were blitzing a lot I think he'd have problems. I think those college issues with pressure are still there. I see the potential though

• NFLfan locked this topic