Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game 1: Carolina @ Indianapolis 1pm

w87r

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He's a 4th, there's 2 guys that jump to top of mind who were drafted there and are paid like they're Joe Montana Units Manning. Dak and Cousins. There's Fitzpatrick starting, he's even lower. Where was Russel Wilson picked up again?

Draft status matters, but once the bullets start flying, it matters less. Eason might end up being much closer to Wentz than I'm thinking some here are clued into.

I said most.  No thank you on cousins.  

This is far from a controversial opinion.  The vast majority of NFL QBs drafted 4th round or later never amount to much in the league.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why would you jump to that kind of conclusion based on a previous-season game against a bunch of nobodies?   

Because the other options were worse than him against the same nobodies. 

Also... I kind of liked him last year in the limited snaps on defense he got. I'm intrigued with him. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Yah, keep in mind that those are the 3d stringers and camp bodies we are playing against, but still... 

I mean the O-line in the first half looked and played like warm camp bodies… And I’m not even actually sure Holden was warm. Someone should probably check on him. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I know Sam is going to start next week but if I was Reich I would start Eason if more starters are playing. Plus we would see Eason against better a defensive players.

Rick V would be ripping Eason if he looked this bad.

Right? I haven’t heard him say anything about Ehlingers mistakes. 

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I said most.  No thank you on cousins.  

This is far from a controversial opinion.  The vast majority of NFL QBs drafted 4th round or later never amount to much in the league.

As a technically accurate point most drafted QBs don't amount to anything. But some later round guys do pan out and I didn't see anything from Eason today that made me think he's.... the Sam Tevi of QB'ing and again- I'm mystified at the criticism from "touch" to "step up in the pocket", as if he it's not his first NFL live action.  

He's your week 1 starter, odds on. And I think with better protection, he's going to turn some heads.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I know Sam is going to start next week but if I was Reich I would start Eason if more starters are playing. Plus we would see Eason against better a defensive players.

I know people are gonna disagree with this take but it seems like the deck is stacked against Eason. He gets the start this week with almost no offensive starters playing. And next week Ehlinger will get the start with almost everybody playing. And all the talk has been against Eason. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Rick V would be ripping Eason if he looked this bad.

In years past, teams typically had their starters in for the 1st half during the 3rd game of the pre-season.  This year has only 3 games for the Colts, so I would expect Eason to start, as Sam has done nothing to against lesser competition.

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

Start Eason next week. He earned it.

Yeah. I agree. Before today I was ok with the idea, but right now the smarter play looks to be rolling with Eason again next week. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Frank come to that conclusion as well this week. 

Archived