Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton and Eli to call 10 MNF games on ESPN2

jvan1973

It should be noted here, that ESPN has done this during the college football playoffs for the last few years.  

They have one channel for the game broadcast, and another channel where they have 4-6 coaches sitting around talking about what is happening from an insider perspective.   So they’ve done this enough to know what they’re doing.  

And remember, if people leave the primary broadcast to listen to the Manning broadcast, it’s still an ESPN Broadcast.   The network loses nothing.  

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Stupid move by ESPN but that is to be expected.

It's astonishing how you are wrong about everything.   Like if you flipped a coin you would be right far more often.    This is far from a mistake,  and the ratings will show it

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It should be noted here, that ESPN has done this during the college football playoffs for the last few years.  

They have one channel for the game broadcast, and another channel where they have 4-6 coaches sitting around talking about what is happening from an insider perspective.   So they’ve done this enough to know what they’re doing.  

And remember, if people leave the primary broadcast to listen to the Manning broadcast, it’s still an ESPN Broadcast.   The network loses nothing.  

Someone mentioned advertising above.   I wonder if advertisers bought MNF spots on ESPN if those same spots will be in ESPN 2

47 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Yay, ESPN did something right for once! :)

still hoping for it's complete and total collapse

it's unwatchable and the Mannings carrying on during a few MNF games does nothing to change my feelings on ESPN/Disney. Of all mega corps that are sucking the life out of everything and pushing heavy handed narratives, they're the flag ship. Complete and total collapse.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

still hoping for it's complete and total collapse

it's unwatchable and the Mannings carrying on during a few MNF games does nothing to change my feelings on ESPN/Disney. Of all mega corps that are sucking the life out of everything and pushing heavy handed narratives, they're the flag ship. Complete and total collapse.

Good luck with that. 

59 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Good luck with that. 

Oh, I'm well aware that my take is probably about as popular as being a prohibitionist in 1925 or something. The ESPN/Disney/ABC thing is awful though. The worst. 

Anyway.

Sounds fun.  I'm interested in what they think about the game. They have great personalities and we feel like we know them already

I predict it will be a success

It mirrors what is happening on youtube with people paying to watch people react to tv shows and movies.  I cannot remember what that's called but, it's a thing

I seem to recall some former player doing something like this as a subscription service

23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah same advertising. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 7:53 PM, jvan1973 said:

It's astonishing how you are wrong about everything.   Like if you flipped a coin you would be right far more often.    This is far from a mistake,  and the ratings will show it

I'll assume you know there is more than two teams in the NFL yet you somehow think the Mannings are loved and admired by people all over the country. Sad.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

I'll assume you know there is more than two teams in the NFL yet you somehow think the Mannings are loved and admired by people all over the country. Sad.

There is a reason every network has been trying to throw barrels of money at Peyton to get him in the booth

26 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Some people need more help than others...........

You just can’t help yourself.   You can’t get out of your own way. 

Media outlets like ESPN have a mountain of research on everyone they put on the air.  They know exactly what the public thinks of Peyton and Eli.   You don’t have to agree, but if you think they’re just acting blindly you’re kidding yourself. 

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Hate to break it to you but again you are wrong. (Does it ever stop?)They will not be in the "booth".

Good lord,   you're a terrible poster.   You're wrong always.    No one ever agrees with you.   You would think that would get through to you,   but it doesn't.    :lol::D

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You just can’t help yourself.   You can’t get out of your own way. 

Media outlets like ESPN have a mountain of research on everyone they put on the air.  They know exactly what the public thinks of Peyton and Eli.   You don’t have to agree, but if you think they’re just acting blindly you’re kidding yourself. 

"They know exactly what the public thinks of Peyton and Eli."   HA-HA-HA  So TV executives that launch new shows every year never have a show fail.  Hate to inform you of this, you know nothing about ESPN's decision making. You are not a part of ESPN. You are not a marketing executive. You really should hesitate before you post what you write or put them in a comedy section. 

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

"They know exactly what the public thinks of Peyton and Eli."   HA-HA-HA  So TV executives that launch new shows every year never have a show fail.  Hate to inform you of this, you know nothing about ESPN's decision making. You are not a part of ESPN. You are not a marketing executive. You really should hesitate before you post what you write or put them in a comedy section. 

Sorry.    30 years in Television.   I have friends at ESPN.    I know so much more than you it’s not even funny.  

Having research on people doesn’t guarantee success.   The show can still have problems for a wide variety of reasons.   But both men have done a ton of commercials and are now branching out doing more.   YOU were the person who claimed the Manning’s weren’t beloved by America.   YOU were the one who stated as fact.    Heck, you couldn’t even figure out what a booth was when the topic was television. 

There is no topic you don’t think you’re an expert on.   Everyone else here simply laughs.   Give it up, for your sake. 

PS — my career in media isn’t a state secret here on this website.  Im a member here more than 9 years.   Most people here know.   Apparently, you’re one of the few who doesn’t.    :hat:

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

Hate to inform you of this, you know nothing about ESPN's decision making.

Neither do you.

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

You are not a part of ESPN.

Neither are you.

And you apparently have no idea how beloved Peyton is all over the country.

Yet you think you’re informed enough to call this brilliant move by ESPN “stupid”…

You must not own a mirror.  :lol:

Archived