Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Receiver

bleed blue4life

46 minutes ago, Myles said:

I like the Colts WR crew for this season.

Hilton

Pascal

Pittman

Campbell

Patmon

Harris

Dulin

I like it too. I think it's solid with a lot of potential upside. Pittman and/or Patmon could break out, Campbell might stay healthy, TY hopefully picks up where he left off during the second half of last season. 

With that being said, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a WR drafted at some point at the end of this month. I've seen some mocks giving the Colts Rashod Bateman at #21 which I don't understand at all but outside of the first round it wouldn't surprise me.

That is an extremely solid WR group that is more than adequate.  If our running game, defense and coaches do their jobs as well the Colts will make some noise. Time for Ballards draft picks to step up bc it’s their time to shine. I’m very excited about Pittman, Campbell and Patmon. 

55 minutes ago, Myles said:

Hilton

Pascal

Pittman

Campbell

Patmon

Harris

Dulin

Looks maybe just above league average until you take Campbell out with injury. (Would never want anyone to be injured, just Can’t count on him at this point)

then just looks like the average middle of the league group.

5 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

I like it too. I think it's solid with a lot of potential upside. Pittman and/or Patmon could break out, Campbell might stay healthy, TY hopefully picks up where he left off during the second half of last season. 

With that being said, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a WR drafted at some point at the end of this month. I've seen some mocks giving the Colts Rashod Bateman at #21 which I don't understand at all but outside of the first round it wouldn't surprise me.

Bateman would have to be drafted 21 he is going top 25

After how well Cain and Fountain emerged...I sure hope not. 

Teams are pretty damn good at scouting WRs...and they still miss on a bunch of them. Late-round WRs, specifically, fail to make a true impact at a very high rate. Just look at how many late-round WRs and UDFAs enter the league each year...that you never really hear from again. 

Pascal made it...but he is also unique in that way...and not unique in that he has very visible limitations as a WR.

I suppose there's a chance that the Colts found the diamond in the rough...but the odds are seriously against it. That's not to say that Patmon isn't a decent WR...but it's a huge leap to the NFL. Very good chance he's a JAG. If he ends up with 200-300 yards in a season...that will be a good accomplishment for him.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Hilton

Pascal

Pittman

Campbell

Patmon

Harris

Dulin

I’m okay with the current WR situation for 2021, as the Colts have more pressing needs to address. 

As far as Patmon, I’m about as optimistic with him as I was with D. Cain and R. Fountain contributing. 

What makes Patmon better than those two? :sigh:

17 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I’m okay with the current WR situation for 2021, as the Colts have more pressing needs to address. 

As far as Patmon, I’m about as optimistic with him as I was with D. Cain and R. Fountain contributing. 

Well, since he’s Pittman’s son, he has better lineage.  

29 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I don't have high hopes for Patmon either, but as the 5th or 6th WR he may flourish a little.   

I'm not as worried about Campbell staying healthy as most on here are.   He didn't have an injury history just unlucky in 2 unrelated freak injuries.   At this point I'm glad it happened in week 1 as he will have had almost a full year to recover.  

I find it funny when a poster or thread starter posts a scathing review of the lack of quality or ability in relation to a coach, player, G.M., team, etcetera.....and uses poor grammar and spelling. That is the only time I will point it out.

Other than that, it just appears to me to be similar to today's media world. Being fast or first, is far more important than quality. The only times I have made these errors, are when I forget to review...before hitting send. 

I don’t think Ballard can resist taking a receiver from this great class.   I may not be in favor of taking one with our first pick, but I’m hugely in favor of using no later than a 4 on another WR.   

Our WR group may look interesting, but there are WAY too many unknowns....

* How many years left for TYH?

* Can Campbell stay healthy?

* How good can Patmon be?

* How good can Harris be?

Heck, there are some here who aren’t fully sold on Pittman.   So our group has more question than answers.   Not enough sure things to not take a good bite at this WR Apple.   It’s only a question of when and not if. 

54 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Well...    since you asked.  

The difference is Ballatd had the other two mostly (not entirely) on the PS.   Ballard kept Patmon on the 53 I think for the entire season (if not pretty close)  so no other team could claim him.  That says how much Ballard thinks of him.  It wasn’t because he’s a special teams ace like other players.  Ballard sees potential, so some fans do too. 

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The difference is Ballatd had the other two mostly (not entirely) on the PS.   Ballard kept Patmon on the 53 I think for the entire season (if not pretty close)  so no other team could claim him.  That says how much Ballard thinks of him.  It wasn’t because he’s a special teams ace like other players.  Ballard sees potential, so some fans do too. 

Cain was on injured reserve 2018, then active roster 2019 til released

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think Ballard can resist taking a receiver from this great class.   I may not be in favor of taking one with our first pick, but I’m hugely in favor of using no later than a 4 on another WR.   

Heck, there are some here who aren’t fully sold on Pittman.   So our group has more question than answers.   Not enough sure things to not take a good bite at this WR Apple.   It’s only a question of when and not if. 

Agree entirely.  Too many unknowns.  This would be the year to take one with such a strong class.  TY was a third and we know how that turned out.  Pretty great.  I think we should definitely draft a WR this year.

2 hours ago, ColtV said:

Cain was on injured reserve 2018, then active roster 2019 til released

For what it's worth,  on Cain's Wiki page, which I assume is controlled by him and/or his agent,  it says Cain was on our PS when Pitts claimed him from the Colts.

By the way,  Cain is no longer with Pitts.    He's now with Baltimore.

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it's worth,  on Cain's Wiki page, which I assume is controlled by him and/or his agent,  it says Cain was on our PS when Pitts claimed him from the Colts.

By the way,  Cain is no longer with Pitts.    He's now with Baltimore.

yep but on Colts ps after being cut. pro football reference has him being waived on the 9th of November, then signed to the ps on the 12th,  then Pitts signed him from Colts ps on the 16th

6 hours ago, tvturner said:

Betting on a 6th round WR to breakout isn't a smart idea

Yeah I agree its like betting on a QB in the 6th round to breakout & become the G.O.A.T  its not a smart idea . 

Tom Brady & the Patriots & Buccaneers proved you wrong before you even posted . 

This is SUCH  good draft for receivers I wouldn't getting one in round 2 if we go T in round one. 

Here's where I'm gonna lose everyone. If for some weird reason if micah Parsons or owusu- koroamoa fall to 21i Howe we snap them up. I know we have needs, but adding another playmaker to our D would be incredible.

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Yeah I agree its like betting on a QB in the 6th round to breakout & become the G.O.A.T  its not a smart idea . 

Tom Brady & the Patriots & Buccaneers proved you wrong before you even posted . 

This is just laughable 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I am more of a draft for need guy so I would would take a WR in the 4th. I would go LT at #21, #54 Edge Rusher, and WR in the 4th round. That would fill 3 huge needs. Our WR core isn't bad, I would say average to above average but we need it at the good level. Maybe we find a steal in the 4th? 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am more of a draft for need guy so I would would take a WR in the 4th. I would go LT at #21, #54 Edge Rusher, and WR in the 4th round. That would fill 3 huge needs. Our WR core isn't bad, I would say average to above average but we need it at the good level. Maybe we find a steal in the 4th? 

Good ones will be there in 4th

16 hours ago, tvturner said:

Betting on a 6th round WR to breakout isn't a smart idea

Agree on the surface, but

Between he and Campbell. we really dont know what we have yet.

Are they EXPECTING both to be ALL Pro?  I dont think so

Would I like a 4th round pick to be used on a WR like Terry..... Yes!

4.4 40 at 6-4

Today, we can go play football with our current WRs group and we can add a WR later in the draft

With the holes at LT and DL (And possibly a move TE)

I truly hope that we address the gaping holes in the lines before we add other positions 

8 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I'd say our WR group is about average, with potential to be top 10 if (big IF) Campbell stays healthy and Pittman develops allowing Hilton to play out of the slot more.

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

Agreed...... Over the 2nd half, you could see Pittman develop.... I think he will be special

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

Maybe another factor that we probably won't know til draft night is trade down. Right now with 6 picks, receiver seems unlikely with either the Colts 1st or 2nd round picks to address tackle and defensive end. Even when you get to fourth round you start thinking about tight end and defensive back. In my simulations 5th round is the earliest I address receiver unless there's a trade down...and even then I'm not picking a receiver til the 4th.

57 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They will get a te

Definitely a position of need.  I haven't done much research but I think the consensus is that after Pitts there's just a lot of 'guys'.  Probably pick up a FA after the draft.

Someone brought up a interesting scenerio for TE. If Ballard trades down and gets a extra pick he might be able to use that to get Ertz. With only six picks he probably doesn’t want to use ond on him but if he can pick up a extra one maybe we do trade for him. Burton played with Wentz so if it comes down to it we can bring him back.

Archived