Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Free Agency Thread (Top Remaining Options)

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tvturner said:

Please no

To me this is a clear signal that Ballard has drawn his line in the sand with TY.  I want him back too but it's been a week and still no deal.  TY has Ballard's offer and now Ballard is putting plan B into action.  He will not let this drag on much longer.  

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

To me this is a clear signal that Ballard has drawn his line in the sand with TY.  I want him back too but it's been a week and still no deal.  TY has Ballard's offer and now Ballard is putting plan B into action.  He will not let this drag on much longer.  

It certainly seems this way. Honestly, it is starting to annoy me that TY hasn't resigned. Everyone wants him back, I'm sure he was offered fair value, yet he remains unsigned. Not a great look for him in my eyes...

1 minute ago, CardiacColts said:

It certainly seems this way. Honestly, it is starting to annoy me that TY hasn't resigned. Everyone wants him back, I'm sure he was offered fair value, yet he remains unsigned. Not a great look for him in my eyes...

I couldn't have said it better.  I don't get it.  Ballard is certainly not trying to stick it to TY.  I'm sure it's a good and fair deal.  He should finish up with the Colt's but he continues to hold out.  I bet his teammates are getting annoyed too.  Is he really going to uproot his family for a little more money when he is an Indy Colt fan favorite?   Makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I couldn't have said it better.  I don't get it.  Ballard is certainly not trying to stick it to TY.  I'm sure it's a good and fair deal.  He should finish up with the Colt's but he continues to hold out.  I bet his teammates are getting annoyed too.  Is he really going to uproot his family for a little more money when he is an Indy Colt fan favorite?   Makes no sense. 

I completely agree! 

44 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Which is a pretty major issue with him.

Im not saying he's a WR1, but he can still be productive. This offense is really more about who's open then focussing on one target. 

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

True but you can’t compare what CG score was with Tevi since the outside factors were different sud China as competition and fellow linemates

in my book CG had a boost playing on the Colts line

That's actually a very good point.

40 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

PFF scores are meaningless and subjective 

Do you know that PFF scores are graded, then re-graded, and then re-graded again.   

Each player, on each play is graded by three different people.   They may be subjective, but this redundancy has to help and give them at least some credibility....   

Teams use these as an indicator.  Teams use their own scoring system as well,  but it’s at least something. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you know that PFF scores are graded, then re-graded, and then re-graded again.   

Each player, on each play is graded by three different people.   They may be subjective, but this redundancy has to help and give them at least some credibility....   

Teams use these as an indicator.  Teams use their own scoring system as well,  but it’s at least something. 

PFF is definitely to be taken with a grain of salt (and I listen to the majority of their podcast). Not the end all be all for how a player does. They attempt to take into account what each players roles are at every snap and that's impossible to get correct all the time  since they aren't in the huddle. Plus they are just as susceptible to group think as any other organization. Its shows up a lot more in their college rankings then the NFL but it does still happen. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here are 2 questions for you, who would you take over Nelson that plays his position? Who would you take over Leonard that plays his position?

Q, no one. Leonard, he’s good but I can think of a couple I’d take

17 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Like who that didn’t answer the question?

@Moosejawcolt didn't give me an answer. I asked him that question because he rarely praises either, so I thought I would ask. He went silent after I asked him and just said I was funny. That is all I needed to hear. I definitely wouldn't take anyone over Nelson at OG like @csmopar said, Leonard maybe a player or 2 but that question really has to make people think :thmup:

18 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Like who that didn’t answer the question?

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Moosejawcolt didn't give me answer. I asked him that question because he rarely praises either, so I thought I would ask. He went silent after I asked him and just said I was funny. That is all I needed to hear. I definitely wouldn't take anyone over Nelson at OG like @csmopar said, Leonard maybe a player or 2 but that question really has to make people think :thmup:

Bobby Wagner, Kendricks, maybe Roquan

• Shive changed the title to Final Free Agency Thread (Top Remaining Options)
37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See even with that, that is a small list. Leonard is a top 3 player at his position, at worse top 5. Nelson is the best so I do think both deserve to be paid huge when they negotiate. Both are young as well which is great for us.

Completely agree.

Archived