Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Free Agency Thread (Top Remaining Options)

17 minutes ago, w87r said:

Was thinking you were thinking he was going to be lining up at DE.

I think the Indy defense and the Carolina defense are somewhat similar.   Perhaps they want Riddick to be their version of Darius Leonard!   Maybe?

Or I could be blowing smoke out my rear end?   Wouldn’t be the first time!     :thmup:

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be conflicting news out there about Wentz and his roster bonus restructure.

Schefter reported Wentz received full $10m while a few other outlets have said he split it up to save $5m this season?

TBH, I am hoping he didn't. Might as well get that extra $5m off the books this year. Still should have plenty of money to resign Hilton and Houston or their replacements plus extend Leonard and Smith.

34 minutes ago, w87r said:

Seems to be conflicting news out there about Wentz and his roster bonus restructure.

Schefter reported Wentz received full $10m while a few other outlets have said he split it up to save $5m this season?

TBH, I am hoping he didn't. Might as well get that extra $5m off the books this year. Still should have plenty of money to resign Hilton and Houston or their replacements plus extend Leonard and Smith.

The cap reporting is all over the place right now. No way the league has quietly let 7 teams remain over the cap

-Re-sign TY 2 yr deal

-Sign Carlos Dunlap 1 - 2 yrs

-Sign Alejandro Villanueva 1 yr deal

-Trade a 6th or 7th round pick for Ertz OR wait for him to be released.

-Extend Leonard & Smith

-Move down in the 1st round of draft to pick up extra picks and grab best available LT or DE. 

12 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

-Re-sign TY 2 yr deal Yes

-Sign Carlos Dunlap 1 - 2 yrs Change it to Kpassagnon 

-Sign Alejandro Villanueva 1 yr deal Dont need a veteran 

-Trade a 6th or 7th round pick for Ertz OR wait for him to be released. Yes released

-Extend Leonard & Smith Prob 1 will be

-Move down in the 1st round of draft to pick up extra picks and grab best available LT or DE.  I like it

1 hour ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Would be surprised if we have any actual interest now that Xavier Rhodes is back. 

Rhodes/Ya-Sin/Moore are the obvious three and I like Tell/Rogers as depth pieces if one of the three get hurt/struggle. 

The Colts might as well sign a few players to one year contracts if they plan to extend Leonard/Smith's contracts effective next year. 

If we do that, we have about $30 million to play with right now. We might as well throw some $$  at the top FA's left (Jackson, Sherman, Clowney, etc) & let them reset their market & cash in next year. 

11 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

At some point, I wish they’d develop a scale of interest lol. Heck, it could be as much as Ballard just calling up and saying, hey what kind of contract you looking at? Simply to get a feel of the market for WRs so he can make fair ones for TY. Or someone else even. 

14 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

The Eagles reportedly turned down a 4th round pick for Ertz claiming they want at least a 3rd. If true, they're not releasing him or taking a 6th or 7th from us for him.. 

Then they can keep him.

37 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

The Eagles reportedly turned down a 4th round pick for Ertz claiming they want at least a 3rd. If true, they're not releasing him or taking a 6th or 7th from us for him.. 

same as when they wanted a Goff level deal for Wentz, multiple 1s and a few day two/three picks and  a player.  Everyone in the league knows their GM is an overpriced * when it come to trading.  But they also know that most likely, Ertz will never play another game for the Eagles.  There is no leverage there. Ertz will be cut, traded, or I could see him sitting out or even retiring.  The first two being the most likely with his contract hits. That said, if they cut him, it wont be until after a June 1, as that saves them the most in cap space.

55 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Latest Lance Zierlein  ock draft has the Colts selecting DT Christian Barmore, Alabama sophomore rs. 

Not so sure how this is a sound pick when balancing bpa with positional need (OT, CB, DE edge, WR)

I take a back seat to no one in how much I like Lance Zierlein.   But the Barrymore pick was a complete head scratcher.   We’re going to use our first round pick on..........   depth?   On a guy who would be....   a backup?

I like Barrymore and have moved him up my board.   But the pick was a head scratcher to me. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Replace Watkins.

Yeah, they swung and missed on JuJu. TY would be a solid signing for the Chiefs and very bad for the Colts and the AFC, IMO if they get reliable depth. Their second tier WRs, Hardman/Robinson etc., were nowhere to be found come playoff time, and they enjoyed that from Watkins the previous year during their SB run to relieve Kelce and Hill. TY is better than Watkins, Hardman, Robinson etc. with his understanding of routes and still has enough speed to make it matter, IMO. Hardman showed speed without direction and understanding is not enough in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I take a back seat to no one in how much I like Lance Zierlein.   But the Barrymore pick was a complete head scratcher.   We’re going to use our first round pick on..........   depth?   On a guy who would be....   a backup?

I like Barrymore and have moved him up my board.   But the pick was a head scratcher to me. 

Lance is good at evaluating talent. Mocks are clearly not his forte. Many of these are still plug in name and not actually looking at many other factors. Ballard is not selecting this guy and I feel like everyone knows that but draft “experts”. 

8 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Lance is good at evaluating talent. Mocks are clearly not his forte. Many of these are still plug in name and not actually looking at many other factors. Ballard is not selecting this guy and I feel like everyone knows that but draft “experts”. 

If you want to see a mock with some bad names...    check out Maurice Jones Drew?!?

He's got Holland, the safety from Oregon, going....   10th!    My jaw dropped.   There are a few others almost as strange.   I like outside the box thinking as much as the next guy, but I was stunned. 

Zierlein knows Ballard well, and usually has an interesting name to pick for the Colts.   I was not expecting Barrymore. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

If you want to see a mock with some bad names...    check out Maurice Jones Drew?!?

He's got Holland, the safety from Oregon, going....   10th!    My jaw dropped.   There are a few others almost as strange.   I like outside the box thinking as much as the next guy, but I was stunned. 

It’s funny you say that because I was just looking at that. He has zero clue I think but does the unexpected mocks to help clear his name. 

No matter what this year is going to be a hectic draft because a lot of talent will be looked at off of drills and a pro day. You have some tape on guys but very little on others. It’s insane to be honest and I love that. You could get a steal on day 2 or even day 3. 

Archived