Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Free Agency Thread (Top Remaining Options)

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Just read up on him and he's a very good DT a former 2nd. rd pick of theirs.  Only 28 but his issue is he won't restructure to help Seattle with it's cap space. He wants a long term deal so talks broke down.  If they release him they save 9m against the cap but incur a 5m dead cap.  I wonder if he could possibly replace Autry and rotate between DE and DT.  If released he will get a lot of attention from other teams.  I wonder if Ballard would consider trading a player like Banagou or Lewis for him and extending him.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Just read up on him and he's a very good DT a former 2nd. rd pick of theirs.  Only 28 but his issue is he won't restructure to help Seattle with it's cap space. He wants a long term deal so talks broke down.  If they release him they save 9m against the cap but incur a 5m dead cap.  I wonder if he could possibly replace Autry and rotate between DE and DT.  If released he will get a lot of attention from other teams.  I wonder if Ballard would consider trading a player like Banagou or Lewis for him and extending him.  

If they go after him just wait until he's released. Would he even fit in our scheme?

I'm asking idk 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If they go after him just wait until he's released. Would he even fit in our scheme?

I'm asking idk 

If he's released the competition will be there so securing him via trade ends that.  Does he fit?  I believe so.  I'm not sure if he can play both positions though.  Autry was versatile.  

That is a very team-friendly deal for a player like Dunlap.

If Dunlap is going for $8.3M a year then guys like Houston, Ingram, Kerrigan and Clowney should all be in a similar ballpark and definitely in our price range if we choose to.

18 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

If Dunlap is going for $8.3M a year then guys like Houston, Ingram, Kerrigan and Clowney should all be in a similar ballpark and definitely in our price range if we choose to.

I hope we chose to.    I’d be disappointed if we didn’t. 

17 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Agree.  I think we are at the point where Ballard has to make a move soon.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Someone wants a QB

I yep,  this was one of my bold predictions - that 49ers will trade up for a QB, but I expected it to happen on draft day. 

To people who were wondering what it would take to get Wilson/Fields - this is what... 2x1st +3d. I imagine it would take about a 2nd or a 1st more to get from 21 to around top 10... so yeah... the value would have been about 2 1sts, 2nd and 3d... or 3 1sts and a 3d. 

44 minutes ago, stitches said:

I yep,  this was one of my bold predictions - that 49ers will trade up for a QB, but I expected it to happen on draft day. 

To people who were wondering what it would take to get Wilson/Fields - this is what... 2x1st +3d. I imagine it would take about a 2nd or a 1st more to get from 21 to around top 10... so yeah... the value would have been about 2 1sts, 2nd and 3d... or 3 1sts and a 3d. 

The 49ers traded three 1s.

40 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Someone wants a QB

So now the 49'ers don't have a 1st rd pick for the next three years?  Something tells me the odds of a McGlinchey trade for our 1st this year just went up.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got one of their compensatory 3rd rd picks as well.  

22 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So now the 49'ers don't have a 1st rd pick for the next three years?  Something tells me the odds of a McGlinchey trade for our 1st this year just went up.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got one of their compensatory 3rd rd picks as well.  

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Agreed 

I should’ve stated J. Reed, won’t be had for “peanuts” and the Colts currently have Bunkner and Grover with healthy contracts. 

Reed has almost 20 sacks over the past last three seasons. He won’t come cheap, and unfortunately he would have too, to sign with the Colts. 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I should’ve stated J. Reed, won’t be had for “peanuts” and the Colts currently have Bunkner and Grover with healthy contracts. 

Reed has almost 20 sacks over the past last three seasons. He won’t come cheap, and unfortunately he would have too, to sign with the Colts. 

Tv Land 90Ies GIF

Yeah Archie Bunker is a great player 

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The thing with Reed...

He's a DT and not a DE.    He'd be the back-up to Buckner or Stewart.    He wants to go someplace and start with starter's money.   It's hard to see him coming here to be anyone's backup.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

The thing with Reed...

He's a DT and not a DE.    He'd be the back-up to Buckner or Stewart.    He wants to go someplace and start with starter's money.   It's hard to see him coming here to be anyone's backup.

Crazy thought. What if we moved Buckner to DE if we are even interested in Reed? Buckner was used all over the line in San Francisco

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Crazy thought. What if we moved Buckner to DE if we are even interested in Reed? Buckner was used all over the line in San Francisco

I think he was used all over the line in situation moments.    A play or two here, a play or two there.

I don't think that's what Ballard wants to do with Buckner.    As he has said,  the 3-tech is the position that makes his defense go.     I know that's different from many defenses,  but this is what we run.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I think he was used all over the line in situation moments.    A play or two here, a play or two there.

I don't think that's what Ballard wants to do with Buckner.    As he has said,  the 3-tech is the position that makes his defense go.     I know that's different from many defenses,  but this is what we run.

I don't know much about Reed. Can he play the 3 Tech? I did see he had a 10.5 sack season in 2018

Archived