Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Free Agency Thread (Top Remaining Options)

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Go in a different direction and sign Clowney.  Skip the easy way out and make a bold move.  But I bet we sign Houston.

Imo, the colts are gonna wait til after the draft for Houston depending on how it falls.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

Imo, the colts are gonna wait til after the draft for Houston depending on how it falls.

That seems like a risky position to me especially when it's been reported he is visiting teams next week.   But who knows signings have really cooled of in the ER market.  

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

That seems like a risky position to me especially when it's been reported he is visiting teams next week.   But who knows signings have really cooled of in the ER market.  

There are still other vet edges like Kerrigan, Ingram, Aldon Smith and Clowney

30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Clowney hasn't done anything since he left Houston. I'd rather take a flyer on either Ingram or Smith

Teams don't have to worry about Ingram and Smith.  Clowney on the other hand is a problem for them.  He's a flyer.  A potential home run.  That's why I would rather have him.  Not the same old same old like Houston, Ingram or Smith.  There is no upside potential with either of those guys.  Only downward.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Teams don't have to worry about Ingram and Smith.  Clowney on the other hand is a problem for them.  He's a flyer.  A potential home run.  That's why I would rather have him.  Not the same old same old like Houston, Ingram or Smith.  There is no upside potential with either of those guys.  Only downward.  

Clowney has never lived up to his #1 draft status

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Aldon Smith was actually very productive for the cowboys. It's worth a look imo

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Hes gonna have to lower his expectations value and contract wise tremendously to CB to even consider him

Ballard was in the running last year.  New year new circumstances for all parties.  All I know running it back with a player who is older and slowing down isn't appealing to me. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

Ballard was in the running last year.  New year new circumstances for all parties.  All I know running it back with a player who is older and slowing down isn't appealing to me. 

I'm fine with Turay and rookie at this point 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm fine with Turay and rookie at this point 

Not me.  Freeney didn’t start until almost mid season his rookie year.  None of the ER’s are in Freeney’s class.  I would much rather pay Clowney 10m vs 7 or 8 m for Houston.  Pulling the numbers out of the air but you get my point.  We need another veteran no question.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Not me.  Freeney didn’t start until almost mid season his rookie year.  None of the ER’s are in Freeney’s class.  I would much rather pay Clowney 10m vs 7 or 8 m for Houston.  Pulling the numbers out of the air but you get my point.  We need another veteran no question.

adam devine do not want GIF

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I thought we would be interested just like last year.  It does appear the Browns are going to win out this year unless Ballard tries to make a move today which would appear to be unlikely knowing how Ballard has operated in FA.

I'm sure he lands in Cleveland 

On 4/8/2021 at 8:47 AM, danlhart87 said:

Depends on who they consider OT. If a team considers someone like Vera-Tucker an OT, no particular order: Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Vera-Tucker, Jenkins, Cosmi, Little, Leatherwood....... Rodunz, Eichenberg. Here... 10.

Washington signed international player Sammy Reyes TE who scored perfect 10 out of 10 RAS score at Florida pro day. 

I was hoping Ballard would give him a shot, with his athletic ability I could see him be a good receiving TE in a year or two

Archived