Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Free Agency Thread (Top Remaining Options)

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Wow the falcons have 7 million In room but only have 46 players on their roster

question, are the capspace numbers including the rookie reserve for the draftees? Or it that not counting that

They are not.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, richard pallo said:

Yeah,  I think TY has taken this to far.  Watkins visits tomorrow.  Time to end it.

Sadly, I am inclined to agree at this point. I want him back, but at this point, he is now hindering our ability to fill other holes by dragging it out. Kenny has called him out, Mathis has called him out, heck, even the Giovanni kid from Philly has called him out. Sign on the line and let's all move forward. Time is up...

28 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

Sadly, I am inclined to agree at this point. I want him back, but at this point, he is now hindering our ability to fill other holes by dragging it out. Kenny has called him out, Mathis has called him out, heck, even the Giovanni kid from Philly has called him out. Sign on the line and let's all move forward. Time is up...

TY is working it to get the best deal he can. My guess: he’ll sign in the next couple of days with the Colts. It’s his best choice; he’ll be happiest here; and the Colts want him back. They’ll find a way to get it done. But it’s a business deal and if you were in his shoes you’d do what it takes to drive your price up as much as you can given it’s likely your final contract. 

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

TY is working it to get the best deal he can. My guess: he’ll sign in the next couple of days with the Colts. It’s his best choice; he’ll be happiest here; and the Colts want him back. They’ll find a way to get it done. But it’s a business deal and if you were in his shoes you’d do what it takes to drive your price up as much as you can given it’s likely your final contract. 

I completely understand that. The market has been pretty well set though it seems. I agree with his prerogative to pursue the best deal he can, but when it is likely to be marginally different, there's really no reason to not just sign at home and optimize the team's chances to fill other holes.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Moosejawcolt didn't give me an answer. I asked him that question because he rarely praises either, so I thought I would ask. He went silent after I asked him and just said I was funny. That is all I needed to hear. I definitely wouldn't take anyone over Nelson at OG like @csmopar said, Leonard maybe a player or 2 but that question really has to make people think :thmup:

My response to u was in error. Meant dor another member

1 hour ago, CardiacColts said:

I completely understand that. The market has been pretty well set though it seems. I agree with his prerogative to pursue the best deal he can, but when it is likely to be marginally different, there's really no reason to not just sign at home and optimize the team's chances to fill other holes.

They aren't being prevented from signing anyone by TY not deciding yet..... haven't been, and won't be anytime soon.

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

I’ll give you that as well. But on the flip side, sometimes new ideas and new personalities in a locker room can be a benefit as well. We could do a lot worse than Sammy Watkins, granted I have no desire to sign him. 

I don't know about that. Watkins has only had over 1k receiving yards once in his career and that was his 2nd year in the league. Since then he's had 400-600 yards, most of which came with one of the best QBs in league. He had high potential, but never seemed to reach it, mostly due to injuries (a majority of which were foot/leg related). I'd honestly rather give Patmon a shot over signing Watkins. At least with Patmon, there's a possibility he could play well. Watkins we almost know will be pedestrian at best. (I know you aren't for signing him, so that was more based off of the comment than your position)

11 hours ago, CardiacColts said:

So in all seriousness, why the hold up? Good grief...

Honestly, I think the team had most of the leverage based on the FA WR market after the first few contracts flew out. Since the whole #BringTYHome movement started on Twitter, it actually gave TY more leverage from a PR perspective. It essentially put all of the onus on the team to get him re-signed and if they fail to do so, reflects poorly on the team, not TY.

While it's been nice seeing all of the support for him, it definitely complicated things. I really hope this Watkins visit helps nudge TY into re-signing.

24 minutes ago, Shive said:

I don't know about that. Watkins has only had over 1k receiving yards once in his career and that was his 2nd year in the league. Since then he's had 400-600 yards, most of which came with one of the best QBs in league. He had high potential, but never seemed to reach it, mostly due to injuries (a majority of which were foot/leg related). I'd honestly rather give Patmon a shot over signing Watkins. At least with Patmon, there's a possibility he could play well. Watkins we almost know will be pedestrian at best. (I know you aren't for signing him, so that was more based off of the comment than your position)

Honestly, I think the team had most of the leverage based on the FA WR market after the first few contracts flew out. Since the whole #BringTYHome movement started on Twitter, it actually gave TY more leverage from a PR perspective. It essentially put all of the onus on the team to get him re-signed and if they fail to do so, reflects poorly on the team, not TY.

While it's been nice seeing all of the support for him, it definitely complicated things. I really hope this Watkins visit helps nudge TY into re-signing.

I hope so as well. 

3 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Kenny Moore II

5' 9"

Next.

What's his arm length?

32" + ... this seems to be the cut off Ballard and the FO are following, especially with the high end picks and FAs. There are some exceptions with later round picks(Hairston 31") and cheap FAs(Carrie 31 7/8"), but even with them I don't think we've gone under 31"

15 hours ago, w87r said:

NFLPA site is finally updated. Has all teams under the cap now with a league low cap space of $450k by the Bears.

Shows Colts with $44m

https://nflpa.com/reports/public-salary-cap-report

This is prior to Rhodes signing and Tevi signing.

All sites show Wentz restructured deal now as well. From what I am seeing his restructure of roster bonus didn't guarantee the $5m moved to 2022. So showing $27m cap hit, $15m dead cap. So could get out of contract and save $12m if he didn't play well. Lets hope that's not the case, but interesting observation.

https://overthecap.com/player/carson-wentz/4715/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/carson-wentz-18950/

Only 450k for the Bears is really slim pickens.  They need to do something.  I still think trading Robinson is on the table for them.  

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Only 450k for the Bears is really slim pickens.  They need to do something.  I still think trading Robinson is on the table for them.  

I'm wondering if this is why CB is just sitting back with the cap room he has? Not necessarily for Robinson specifically, but perhaps he is in trade discussions that would have the Colts taking on a bigger contract at a position of need. Just a thought.

Comparison between TY Hilton and Sammy Watkins

TY Hilton - age 32, 5'10", 183#, 4.34 40yd

9 yrs NFL experience, 4 pro bowls, led NFL in yards 2016

608 rec for 9,360 yards, 58.5% catch rate, 15.4 yds/rec, 70.4 yds/game

Sammy Watkins - age 27, 6'2", 211#, 4.43 40yd

7 yrs NFL experience, 0 pro bowls

321 rec for 4,665 yards, 58.8% catch rate, 14.5 yds/rec, 54.2 yds/game

TY Hilton is older, quicker, and has a history of better performance, but his best days are behind him.

Sammy Watkins is younger, bigger, and has a future that he can offer of a level of performance, as long as he's not being counted on to be the #1 receiver on the team.

Take the names away; make this not about TY Hilton, and I have a suspicion that everyone on this site would agree to go with Watkins.

29 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Comparison between TY Hilton and Sammy Watkins

TY Hilton - age 32, 5'10", 183#, 4.34 40yd

9 yrs NFL experience, 4 pro bowls, led NFL in yards 2016

608 rec for 9,360 yards, 58.5% catch rate, 15.4 yds/rec, 70.4 yds/game

Sammy Watkins - age 27, 6'2", 211#, 4.43 40yd

7 yrs NFL experience, 0 pro bowls

321 rec for 4,665 yards, 58.8% catch rate, 14.5 yds/rec, 54.2 yds/game

TY Hilton is older, quicker, and has a history of better performance, but his best days are behind him.

Sammy Watkins is younger, bigger, and has a future that he can offer of a level of performance, as long as he's not being counted on to be the #1 receiver on the team.

Take the names away; make this not about TY Hilton, and I have a suspicion that everyone on this site would agree to go with Watkins.

excellent home alone GIF

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

T.Y just playing with us now haha

You'd think he'd kind of take a hint from JuJu testing the market and not getting what he thinks he should have and be like... real about it. He's still got a couple good years left but he's not the future for any team. He doesn't have the elite speed he once did. He's not gonna be the can opener anyone needs on the deep ball. Fantastic route runner though.

Archived