Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency: Day 5

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

idk how he thinks fuller to broncos makes sense. idc who's coaching over there. THEY SUCK AND HAVE THE WORST ROSTER EN THE LEAGUE 

It's his old D co-ordinator that he made All-Pro under a couple years ago Slick. Did your teenage son hijack your access? You have been better than this.

4 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

idk how he thinks fuller to broncos makes sense. idc who's coaching over there. THEY SUCK AND HAVE THE WORST ROSTER EN THE LEAGUE 

The reason some analysts are predicting the Broncos is familiarity. Vic Fangio was Fuller’s former D coordinator. 

With that being said, he makes so much sense to come to the Colts for many reasons. Plug and play CB1 as soon as he signs. I want him bad. Heck, I’m not opposed to signing Fuller and still trying to bring Rhodes back. Turn our weakness into a strength. 

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Yeah he works with a media outlet in Colorado. Ian Rapoport often uses him to pass on Broncos news. He seems to have very close contacts in the organisation.

I thought so but wasn’t sure since I have been focused on IHSAA Basketball for the last few months 

Ballard missed out on a potentially very solid signing in OT Ty Sambrailo. He was the swing OT for Tennessee last year, and performed quite admirably for 4-5 games when injuries occurred. He played both RT and LT. 

Tennessee just resigned him I believe on a 1 year low cost deal. 

OT depth is such a priority this offseason so I wonder when Ballard will get some quality pieces brought in there. 

11 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

It's his old D co-ordinator that he made All-Pro under a couple years ago Slick. Did your teenage son hijack your access? You have been better than this.

i just stated idc who's coaching over there doesn't  matter, THE BROCOS AS A WHOLE SUCK, stop me even i lied. i no vic is over hints the acknowledgement of coaching. did yu confuse me w someone who cared about your approval?? 

you have been better than this 

14 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

The reason some analysts are predicting the Broncos is familiarity. Vic Fangio was Fuller’s former D coordinator. 

With that being said, he makes so much sense to come to the Colts for many reasons. Plug and play CB1 as soon as he signs. I want him bad. Heck, I’m not opposed to signing Fuller and still trying to bring Rhodes back. Turn our weakness into a strength. 

He and Rhodes would be a heck of a duo.  Would lead to a lot of coverage sacks I would think.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I would think that means we get an extra 5 mil in cap space.

I would think 5m is all the extra space he needs to accomplish what he is looking to do.  He's had plenty of time to restructure other contracts if he wanted too.  I bet signings or extensions start to pick up now. 

For those wondering about JuJu it is pretty easy to see why he did what he did:

1) He expected a big payday and did not get it in this cap-squeezed climate

2) Best way to get your big money next year is to put up numbers and ball out in a contract year

3) Do you put up big numbers competing with Hill and Kelce for targets? Do you put up big numbers in a Ravens offense that doesn't throw a ton and doesn't often go to their WRs? Or do you sign where a team can't run the ball and throws 35-40 times a game and you are already familiar?

Seems easy to see why he just re-upped in Pitt for one more year.

And also that could be why he wouldn't have fit here very well. Wanted to likely go somewhere he can be peppered w a lot of targets and put up some numbers and cash in next year.

Seems all his offers were similar....$8M in Pitt, $8M in KC with $3M more if he hit incentives and then $9M in Bmore w $4M more in incentives.

He took the same route and he will likely do well enough to be able to cash in next off-season when things are better.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would think 5m is all the extra space he needs to accomplish what he is looking to do.  He's had plenty of time to restructure other contracts if he wanted too.  I bet signings or extensions start to pick up now. 

I’d hope 

6 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

For those wondering about JuJu it is pretty easy to see why he did what he did:

1) He expected a big payday and did not get it in this cap-squeezed climate

2) Best way to get your big money next year is to put up numbers and ball out in a contract year

3) Do you put up big numbers competing with Hill and Kelce for targets? Do you put up big numbers in a Ravens offense that doesn't throw a ton and doesn't often go to their WRs? Or do you sign where a team can't run the ball and throws 35-40 times a game and you are already familiar?

Seems easy to see why he just re-upped in Pitt for one more year.

And also that could be why he wouldn't have fit here very well. Wanted to likely go somewhere he can be peppered w a lot of targets and put up some numbers and cash in next year.

Seems all his offers were similar....$8M in Pitt, $8M in KC with $3M more if he hit incentives and then $9M in Bmore w $4M more in incentives.

He took the same route and he will likely do well enough to be able to cash in next off-season when things are better.

agencylife advertisement GIF by MX Player

58 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

i think there will be some very interesting bargains in the next couple days before the new season starts as some teams still need to cut some players. They won't be guys with low salaries but some possibly big boys.

eh maybe. im still trying to figure out how there's 5 teams over the cap still when the penalties should have kicked in by now

That's a smart move by the Bears, just like what the Raiders did with Rodney Hudson. Dangle him out there and see who's interested, then make the deal. The Raiders got a 3rd rounder for Hudson, someone will do the same for Fuller..

1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

That's a smart move by the Bears, just like what the Raiders did with Rodney Hudson. Dangle him out there and see who's interested, then make the deal. The Raiders got a 3rd rounder for Hudson, someone will do the same for Fuller..

You are probably right. Is there a team willing to trade that can take on the $20 mil he is due this year though? I think they will have to release him. Wait it out and cross our fingers...

Archived