Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The fun starts Wednesday (good article from Colts.com)

EastStreet

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Nah, he meant DEs.

If he was thinking LBs, does he really think we'd 1) replace Leonard, 2) pay him a high amount to experiment with him at MIKE even though he's horrible in coverage, or 3) pay him a high amount at SAM when we rarely use SAM?

Could we use reddick as a hybrid Sam and try to develop him into a DE like they did with Ben ?  I like his raw speed and athleticism. I think he could be a good 3rd down De

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Nah, he meant DEs.

If he was thinking LBs, does he really think we'd 1) replace Leonard, 2) pay him a high amount to experiment with him at MIKE even though he's horrible in coverage, or 3) pay him a high amount at SAM when we rarely use SAM?

Hmm.. Ok well again and regardless what you think he meant, he said 'best pass rushers available' 

I don’t have many thoughts about FA so far. I’m really sad Autry is gone, but if he wants to jump on the sinking ship that is Tennessee, more power to him I guess. Also, the Patriots are going to implode this year, Mark my words. Playing with fire big time.

Also, PLEASE RESIGN TY!!!!

50 minutes ago, ManningsArmy said:

I'm not having much fun.  The Patriots are getting all of the good players.

Go colts!

It doesn’t matter. You can have skill guys like Smith and Henry, but the Patriots’ core guys are all awful. Cam Newton is not pulling these guys out of the fire, this is a desperate last attempt by Belichick and co. to avoid a total rebuild

9 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

It doesn’t matter. You can have skill guys like Smith and Henry, but the Patriots’ core guys are all awful. Cam Newton is not pulling these guys out of the fire, this is a desperate last attempt by Belichick and co. to avoid a total rebuild

I think they might Trade up to get Lance or Wilson. If not then yeah I don’t know what they’re doing lol.

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I like Odum but he gotta understand the market and how much lower cap space is this season lol.

Players aren’t into taking a discount and could care about a team’s cap space for the most part.  This is their chance to make as much money as they will probably ever make in their lives.  If they feel like they are getting paid below what they are worth they will be upset.  

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I like Odum but he gotta understand the market and how much lower cap space is this season lol.

Really George.   You've been here for 3 seasons and only started 3 games and only have 1 INT.  

I like him, but After this season the Colts would have given him $3,856,000.   He's been payed pretty well.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Players aren’t into taking a discount and could care about a team’s cap space for the most part.  This is their chance to make as much money as they will probably ever make in their lives.  If they feel like they are getting paid below what they are worth they will be upset.  

I know that but at the end of the day it’s still a business. You got to take both perspectives into account.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Really George.   You've been here for 3 seasons and only started 3 games and only have 1 INT.  

I like him, but After this season the Colts would have given him $3,856,000.   He's been payed pretty well.

He’s value is not for being safety.  He had a pro-bowl level year last year as a special teamer and if you see his tweet yesterday he’s upset because he feels special teamers are undervalued in the NFL.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

I know that but at the end of the day it’s still a business. You got to take both perspectives into account.

And he feels special teamers are worth more.  He pretty much said that yesterday.  His end of the business is to try to get as much money as he can.  So if he feels like he’s not getting that yeah he’s going to be upset.  Rather others agree or not is up to them but there is common theme among fans that seem to think players should take whatever offer a team gives them and be happy with that.  That’s not how it works.  

So let me get this straight. We have 45 million in cap space and we feel we need to * off players instead of paying him one million more. One of the best ST in the league. We lose Autry and haven’t signed anyone else. I really don’t know what Ballard is doing. TY liked Odums tweet. Ballard isn’t stating off FA very well.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s value is not for being safety.  He had a pro-bowl level year last year as a special teamer and if you see his tweet yesterday he’s upset because he feels special teamers are undervalued in the NFL.

I understand his point but he will get paid what the market value is. 

The whole NFL is full of special teamers trying to get a starting spot on the team. If his play hasn't improved enough for that to happen he will get paid accordingly. He shouldn't expect to get paid starters money. 

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So rumors going around there are going to be a lot more cuts before 4 pm tomorrow. If this happens could be a good time for Ballard after other teams already spent money.

What?!?    A good time for Ballard?

You mean, he might actually know what he’s doing?!?     No flipping way!

I read this website, and fans here are convinced he has little idea of what he’s doing!   That they know better than he does!

Hmmm...   I’m going to have to look into this.  Ballard might actually know what he’s doing? Who’da thunk it?!?    :peek:

32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So rumors going around there are going to be a lot more cuts before 4 pm tomorrow. If this happens could be a good time for Ballard after other teams already spent money.

Curious. Why do teams wait until day 2 or 3 of FA/tampering period to do this. Are they waiting to see if there is other talent out there for cheaper or is it just a normal thing??

Like in the Colts case, you would think they would have already rendered their guys two days ago right when it opened, and extended Leonard 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand his point but he will get paid what the market value is. 

The whole NFL is full of special teamers trying to get a starting spot on the team. If his play hasn't improved enough for that to happen he will get paid accordingly. He shouldn't expect to get paid starters money. 

He’s trying to get that value up.  That’s why he’s frustrated with it.  Also we don’t know what kind of contract he’s expecting other than assuming more than his tender.

13 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Curious. Why do teams wait until day 2 or 3 of FA/tampering period to do this. Are they waiting to see if there is other talent out there for cheaper or is it just a normal thing??

Like in the Colts case, you would think they would have already rendered their guys two days ago right when it opened, and extended Leonard 

Teams are seeing who they can lock up before deciding to cut players.

Also, on a different note.

Signing these released players don't count against compensatory picks.

16 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Teams aren’t willing to cut players until they feel they have a upgrade. Have to be at the salary cap by 4 pm tomorrow.

Archived