Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are 4th in Available Cap Space; Go ahead on Fantasize on the 4 players you would get from free agency

Blueblazes

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

60 mil is not a lot especially with all the players we have hitting the market not to mention Leonard and Smith are going into the last year of their contract. Luckily, Nelson will get the 5th year option.

Plus no qb under contract. Big decsions to make and this off season will b  Ballard's biggest challenges

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Plus no qb under contract. Big decsions to make and this off season will b  Ballard's biggest challenges

As I mentioned on my off-season thread, our only real option at QB is either Eason or draft a QB

Just now, CR91 said:

As I mentioned on my off-season thread, our only real option at QB is either Eason or draft a QB

Yeah, I they need to make a decision either way. If they bring back Rivers, I still want t2hrm to make a move for the future. For all we know, they maybe super high on Eason but feel he needs one more year. If that is there plan, I can live with that

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah, I they need to make a decision either way. If they bring back Rivers, I still want t2hrm to make a move for the future. For all we know, they maybe super high on Eason but feel he needs one more year. If that is there plan, I can live with that

Signing Rivers means we're gonna lose out at re-signing atleast two starters

Just now, CR91 said:

Signing Rivers means we're gonna lose out at re-signing atleast two starters

It definitely handicaps us cap wise, but it lowers expectations for next year I would think. So does it make sense to spend cap space when it could be a transition year?

55 minutes ago, Blueblazes said:

I would upgrade the pass rush with Shaquil Barrett, get a true #1 WR in Chris Godwin, cover safety in Anthony Harris and yes, I would go after Dak at QB.

You need to go study up on our space if you think this is the case.

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

It definitely handicaps us cap wise, but it lowers expectations for next year I would think. So does it make sense to spend cap space when it could be a transition year?

Depends where Eason is. Imo, he would have been a first round pick this year if he went back to Washington.

Just now, CR91 said:

Depends where Eason is. Imo, he would have been a first round pick this year if he went back to Washington.

No doubt, but we have no clue, organization has some idea, but still no game action to look at.

I think he has the tools for sure.

12 minutes ago, w87r said:

No doubt, but we have no clue, organization has some idea, but still no game action to look at.

I think he has the tools for sure.

It's a risk, but a lot of teams play their rookie QB and have them learn. Atleast with us, Eason has a lot of help around him. O-line, run game, Pittman, Pascal, and hopefully a heathly campbell

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's a risk, but a lot of teams play their rookie QB and have them learn. Atleast with us, Eason has a lot of help around him. O-line, run game, Pittman, Pascal, and hopefully a heathly campbell

Not many turn to their fourth round draft pick and give him the keys to the franchise without even seeing him in a pre-season game let alone a real game.

7 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

One blog says sign Buffalo's FA OT Daryl Williams.

thats the one player that would be worth spending money on. Focus on the draft and developing the strong drafts already put together. Let Eason come in and develop on the field next season. I think he can win games just being a game manager and getting the experience. Letting Reich work with him and draw up plays to get guys open for his big arm. He could even be special, but we wouldn’t know until he played... 

my money says Rivers is back next year though. 

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not many turn to their fourth round draft pick and give him the keys to the franchise without even seeing him in a pre-season game let alone a real game.

Before that I mentioned how he would be a first round pick if he had returned to Washington. Keep in mind he was being projected as a second round pick. Kid is talented, unfortunately he didn't have two full college seasons under his belt.

50 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Add another wr to them as Campbell  will probably  get hurt again 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

No way they afford all of them 

The OP said this was fantasy.......so that's what I did. A long-term QB, and X and a Z receiver to add to Pittman, Pascal, Patmon and Campbell....

And Houstons long-term replacement who sets a strong edge versus the rin and can get after the passer!

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

The OP said this was fantasy.......so that's what I did. A long-term QB, and X and a Z receiver to add to Pittman, Pascal, Patmon and Campbell....

And Houstons long-term replacement who sets a strong edge versus the rin and can get after the passer!

I hope Houston comes back for 1 more year, he had 8 sacks this year which is good. 

We’re going to have big contracts from our rooks soon but what the hell, seasons over let’s have some fun!

I’m bringing back Veldeer and and going after Dak!

that’s my wish list.

hopefully we’ll get the opt outs back and Campbell back from IR.

id rather we committed to drafting a QB.

Go Colts.

1 hour ago, JackOLantin said:

We’re going to have big contracts from our rooks soon but what the hell, seasons over let’s have some fun!

I’m bringing back Veldeer and and going after Dak!

that’s my wish list.

hopefully we’ll get the opt outs back and Campbell back from IR.

id rather we committed to drafting a QB.

Go Colts.

Veldeer was signed by the Packers for the rest of the playoffs, not sure after that

8 hours ago, w87r said:

You need to go study up on our space if you think this is the case.

yes, but there's also some ways to get more cap space if we needed it.  Though i will say, the loss of that 30 million from the cap due to covid really stings. That said, given the sheer number of teams at or over the cap, the contracts are no way going to be as large as years passed.  Maybe for a few exceptional players but most will end up taking less than their respective counterparts did just a year ago.  Teams simply don't have the cash. Plus there's a lot of teams that will be having a fire sale just to get to the cap. 

49 minutes ago, rayski said:

Hate to burst this bubble but that cap is for Braden Smith, Big Q and Leonard :sorry:

Yeah we will realisticly resign two of our own free agents and maybe sign one off the market. No way we go spending up the cap. Only way Ballard goes top dollar is if Dak comes knocking. Ballards system of drafting your own only works if there money available to keep the young hungry.

36 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Might be a bit late to the party but has the cap amount been agreed upon yet? Or is over the cap using educated assumption? 

It hasn't. The floor has been set at $175m. Teams lost around $50m each in fan attendance. At $175m cap floor, teams only make up around half of that money shortage. So while it may come in over $175m it is highly doubtful it does by very much.

50 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Might be a bit late to the party but has the cap amount been agreed upon yet? Or is over the cap using educated assumption? 

It was announced a 33 million cut a couple weeks ago. The only debate was whether they would spread it out over 3 years

Archived