Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach you think the Colts realistically should try to go after if you want them to?

danlhart87

There's always a chance it could happen especially if the cards don't fall the Colts way Sunday. 

Who do you think the Colts realistically should try to go after or even who you want them to?

I know several Texans fans want Eric B from the Chiefs and if available he would be a good option. 

What do yall think?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

There's always a chance it could happen especially if the cards don't fall the Colts way Sunday. 

Who do you think the Colts realistically should try to go after or even who you want them to?

I know several Texans fans want Eric B from the Chiefs and if available he would be a good option. 

What do yall think?

Reich will not be fired take that to the bank ,bro 

Reich will be the coach next season. He has done a good job. Marlon Mack lost for the season. T y Hilton is just now starting to play like T. Y. . No starting tackles against the Steelers and had the lead . Campbell always hurt. Had to get 2 rookies to play like vets. Need I say more. Only thing I can think Ballard may tell him is to give up the play calling and focus on coaching the hole team.

38 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

What do yall think?

Dude.... you know I normally have your back on stuff but this thread :puke:

If the Colts fire Reich....

No prospective coach would want to come here.

If the organization fires a coach that went 28-20 with 2 playoff appearances, dealing with a difficult QB situation, and had vast improvement in all statistical measurements, then the only coach we would be able to attract would be Adam Gase.

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Posters are quick to blame Reich here protesting to get rid of him but never give any insight on who would be better 

I’ll blame Reich for sure. But I also see a genius within him. I’m not ready to fire him, playoffs or no play offs. I’ve seen some growth in some areas and I do think he’s the man for the job. Give him time. He’s not had two years with the same QB yet. 

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I would like Nick to be the one. 

So you would replace a coach you don’t like with the one guy in the whole league that is most like the guy you “dont like?”  Nick is a clone of Frank.... his understudy, if you will.

i dont see the logic.

I see a lot of people like him, but I am not loving Frank right now.  They do have a good record but also beat a lot of bad teams this year.  He will be back next year but I think he needs to show more, especially when it comes to calling plays and in game adjustments 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’ll blame Reich for sure. But I also see a genius within him. I’m not ready to fire him, playoffs or no play offs. I’ve seen some growth in some areas and I do think he’s the man for the job. Give him time. He’s not had two years with the same QB yet. 

A favorite line of mine from Ralph Kramden "What I say about Norton is one thing, how I feel about him is something else"

Why would we fire Reich???????? We are 10-5, last year we were 7-9 with almost zero play from the most important position in football(qb). So, people are whining we lost to the steelers???? What was Dungy's record against the steelers as colt headcoach? Was it even .500? And his Colt teams were qb'd by the best ever! Historically speaking there hasn't been a Colt coach or qb for that matter that has any success against really bad steeler teams such as the one we just lost to. Go figure.

2 minutes ago, Bert Johns said:

Let me start a fire storm. Who will they replace Frank with. Josh McDaniels. Lol. That's how bad this thread is.

I started it cause so many are quick to place blame on Reich and his boring play calling with no idea realistically who would be better. 

Its one thing to complain about a coach but unless any of them have suggestions on who would replace him then its basically beating a dead horse.

I realize sometimes people just want to vent but these same people must have thoughts on a replacement if it were to ever come to that.

I don't expect it to but you look at things from both sides from time to time. 

40 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Reich needs to script the whole damn game.  The early drives we seem to dominate.... later .... blah.

script the whole damn game, and NO audibles allowed!

we’ll score like 50 a game!  Ha

Eh I don’t agree with the no audible thing. I think they should give rivers three plays each time and let him chose. Then if he keeps checking into plays that don’t work, we can go your route

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I expect him to be here too 

Several here want him gone too

I want to hear their input on replacements

i read this forum daily i dont remember seeing any post calling for frank to be fired .      I see people just wanting him to give up play calling duties .    i love franks offense he runs its creative and very good , he just calls the wrong plays at the wrong times .   After the steelers got a touchdown on a long strike you would think frank would be ready for a blitz on the very first next play and he calls a play action which is the worst call vs the blitz .     Frank even said he should of known better after the game .  Even the series when the colts had it at the one he has rivers take a long shot with back up tackles against a dominate pass rush , that play had a big chance for a safety or pick .   

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Well this thread has gotten a little out of hand hasn’t it? 

To be honest who really would be out there that is better than Frank? You can’t just fire a coach for the sake of firing them if there’s no better replacements...

I think most coaches benefit from having amazing QBs. I always loved Reid as a coach but until Mahomes came along I never expected him to ever win a SB.

I believe the QB position is a little under valued here and at some point whether Reich is the head coach or not Colts need to groom a new QB for the future.

I expect there to be several good options for candidates too if it comes to that. 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

You can't completely rule it out

Realistically I see him staying too 

At no point did I say they should fire him

if irsay kept grigson after almost 6 years , no way frank is fired .    I watched grigson draft bust after bust and trade away a 1st for trent richardson . If it takes grigson that long to get fired it would take frank 10 years of not making the playoffs to have him fired .

Archived