Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach you think the Colts realistically should try to go after if you want them to?

danlhart87

2 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

The funny thing is.....is that even the hoodlum in Foxborough can’t get it done without the players executing on the field.

A minor detail to remember as some members blameshift from  Reich to Eberflus to Ballard....etc.

Yes... everyone has their job to do.... but an 10-5 record and a solid shot at the playoffs is not a situation that begs for a coaching change.

Having said that.... if Reich were to be fired my choice would be among....

Marv Levy

Richie Kotite

Hank Stram 

Bum Philips

and Foge Fazio 

:peek:

Not to mention they improved from 7-9 to at worst 10-6.  That gets over looked here a lot and doesn’t get head coaches fired in the NFL.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/29/2020 at 1:34 PM, danlhart87 said:

There's always a chance it could happen especially if the cards don't fall the Colts way Sunday. 

Who do you think the Colts realistically should try to go after or even who you want them to?

I know several Texans fans want Eric B from the Chiefs and if available he would be a good option. 

What do yall think?

Been gone for a bit and just saw this. I would want Brian Daboll, Bills O-Coordinator. Jim Harbaugh. Arthur Smith, Titans O-Coordinator. Urban Meyer. Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs O-Coordinator. That's 5 guys I would take over Reich. An honorable mention would be Dan Mullen, Florida Coach, who is doing interviews.

No confidence in Reich. Even if we make the playoffs, it's more of a product of Ballard and the talent of the team he built. Reich makes the same mistakes over and over after 3 years and refuses to change. Tired of it. He is holding this team back and our potential is capped with him. Yes, a new coach may be worse, but I'm willing to take that chance to win a SB in the future.

32 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Been gone for a bit and just saw this. I would want Brian Daboll, Bills O-Coordinator. Jim Harbaugh. Arthur Smith, Titans O-Coordinator. Urban Meyer. Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs O-Coordinator. That's 5 guys I would take over Reich. An honorable mention would be Dan Mullen, Florida Coach, who is doing interviews.

No confidence in Reich. Even if we make the playoffs, it's more of a product of Ballard and the talent of the team he built. Reich makes the same mistakes over and over after 3 years and refuses to change. Tired of it. He is holding this team back and our potential is capped with him. Yes, a new coach may be worse, but I'm willing to take that chance to win a SB in the future.

I believe Urban Meyer is going to Jags

6 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Jim Harbaugh? Are you kidding me? He’s worn out his welcome everywhere he’s been. Stanford; 49ers; Michigan. He’s a bridge burner. No thanks. Avoid at all costs. That is all.

I agree. His personality does not mesh well with players, especially in the NFL. 

18 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I believe Urban Meyer is going to Jags

Better than Daboll, IMO.

And I am saying that I would rather the Jags have Meyer than Daboll, because I really like Daboll, not that I think Meyer is better than Daboll.

18 minutes ago, cbear said:

Grass is always greener syndrome. Never gets old. haha

Exactly.  In his three years as coach Reich has had three different starting QBs and has produced double digit wins in a season in two of them, the playoffs and a road playoff win in one of them, possibly a second playoff birth and maybe a division title this year, went 7-9 when he lost his starting QB, franchise QB, and, guy the team was built around, two weeks before the season started, and then this year improved that 7-9 record by three maybe four wins.  

There is no logical case for firing him if you have a well run franchise which the Colts do.  Is Frank perfect?  No, but show me a coach in the NFL who is?  Even Darth Hoodius isn’t perfect.  

Also before someone says oh it’s all the talent Ballard has given him you don’t win like the Colts have under him and have a coach who can’t coach.  Also, some of the people who are talking about all this great talent Ballard has given him are complaining about Ballard’s misses in the second round.  You can’t have it both ways.  

Frank is a good coach and he isn’t getting fired.  If you honestly think there is a chance he does you aren’t paying any attention to things Irsay has done or said since he became owner and you are just hoping he does get fired because that’s what you want to happen.  

I’d be interested in Brady.  Guy who helped turn Burrow into the number 1 pick by producing the best statistical season in college football history.  Even has managed to have two 1000 yard receivers this year.  He could be the next Shanahan or McVey.  Young offensive guru.

On 1/2/2021 at 7:24 PM, Hoose said:

Jim Harbaugh? Are you kidding me? He’s worn out his welcome everywhere he’s been. Stanford; 49ers; Michigan. He’s a bridge burner. No thanks. Avoid at all costs. That is all.

Word out of Michigan....

Harbaugh is in the prices of doing a new deal with the Wolverines.   Looks like he’s staying. 

Wow. How the mighty would have fallen if they extend Harbaugh...  Does anybody know what happened to Les Miles?  How do you go from coaching a top 10 national powerhouse in LSU to coaching perennial loser Kansas football???  Did he have some kind of NCAA violations that they agreed to sweep under the rug if he agreed to basically being banished to Kansas???  How can he be any worse than Harbaugh has been at Michigan?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Daboll, but other teams are showing interest in him already. Interesting path, and coached on some good teams. Pats, KC, Bama, etc.. And he's got the Bills O humming. 

As far as Harbaugh is concerned, it's been a strong lean (of him returning) for a while. The boosters want him back. The only issue has been the war between Harbaugh and the Admin, which the boosters also have issue with. Realistically, they can't hope to get much better IMO. I just don't want them poaching Allen/IU or Brohn/PU.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Word out of Michigan....

Harbaugh is in the prices of doing a new deal with the Wolverines.   Looks like he’s staying. 

Interesting about Harbaugh returning. He’s always been restless staying in one place for very long. Re-upping with Michigan might be his only option though.... that is, if they truly want him back. 

Archived