Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clark has torn Achilles

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pinter playing OG is fine with me, but I wouldn't move Nelson to LT. If I was forced to do something, I'd move Braden to LT and Pinter to RT.

well heres the thing.  If you do that, now you have 2 players, both at the T position, having to play a new/different positions on different sides of the lines. At least if you move big Q, he's still on the left side. and then you sandwich Pinter between two studs, Kelly and Q, which allows Kellys to help him, the right side stays solid and needs less help.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pinter playing OG is fine with me, but I wouldn't move Nelson to LT. If I was forced to do something, I'd move Braden to LT and Pinter to RT.

Larry Allen played OG for years and Dallas moved him to LT and he still was great. I am not so sure Nelson wouldn't still dominate. Like you though, I would prefer Nelson playing OG.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

well heres the thing.  If you do that, now you have 2 players, both at the T position, having to play a new/different positions on different sides of the lines. At least if you move big Q, he's still on the left side. and then you sandwich Pinter between two studs, Kelly and Q, which allows Kellys to help him, the right side stays solid and needs less help.

That's true, I just don't want Nelson playing LT honestly. Maybe he has to though in this situation, it is kind of an emergency lol.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

What is sad is three season ago AC was hated by a few and they wanted him either cut or traded. 

Whole different story now. 

That's not fair to say. People's opinions change with new information. You can't hold that against them. That's just gathering info and adjusting your viewpoint based on what's happened. Human nature. It's how we live. It's ridiculous to stubbornly think one way and never adjust your opinion. That happened 50 years ago, not anymore.

Green didnt do too bad considering what he was up against. Clark was just as bad at LT. He was getting beat all the time. Look at the Titans game and Browns game now granted they had miles garrett which is no easy task. Green had to go up against Watt and Merciless but at least this week if Costanzo doesnt play, we are against the Raiders which do not have a pass rush so we can rest him for the following week at home against Houston.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's not fair to say. People's opinions change with new information. You can't hold that against them. That's just gathering info and adjusting your viewpoint based on what's happened. Human nature. It's how we live. It's ridiculous to stubbornly think one way and never adjust your opinion. That happened 50 years ago, not anymore.

It's not fair to say? 

Well it's true and some of those who were saying it are some of the same ones who are now saying 'what are we going to do?'  

Believe me there are plenty who stubbornly think one way and never adjust their opinions. 

Very few will come out and will admit they were wrong. 

I'm expecting AC to play this week.  It's been two weeks and Reich is leaving the decision up to AC.  Maybe he needs a brace for support but AC is a tough player and everyone knows Rivers is playing hurt so I think he's going to play as well.  If the Colts were afraid of the injury becoming more serious they would control the situation and keep him out.  By them leaving it up to AC I think they would be okay with him playing against the Raiders if he said he wanted to play.  

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not fair to say? 

Well it's true and some of those who were saying it are some of the same ones who are now saying 'what are we going to do?'  

Believe me there are plenty who stubbornly think one way and never adjust their opinions. 

Just like I haven't seen the major Rivers Haters for lets see about 16 hours. They won't be hear until he loses lmao . That is a great thing though so I don't have to read their bull :banana:

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not fair to say? 

Constanzo wasn't performing up to task as much when people were saying that, so the criticism was warranted. Let me ask you this, will you admit when you're wrong about being positive about something or do you just believe that should be held true for a negative viewpoint that ends up being wrong (double standard)?

The only time I really care if someone should admit they are wrong is when they make a very bold positive or negative prediction just to try and be right about it. Notice I said positive or negative. Other than that, people shouldn't have to admit they're wrong for gathering information and saying what is true at the moment.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Larry Allen played OG for years and Dallas moved him to LT and he still was great. I am not so sure Nelson wouldn't still dominate. Like you though, I would prefer Nelson playing OG.

Jeff saturday said it depends on the type of D line you face.  If they have a lot of outside speed rushers then Q may not be a great choice but if they have a d line that stays in tight then he could be a good option.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just like I haven't seen the major Rivers Haters for lets see about 16 hours. They won't be hear until he loses lmao . That is a great thing though so I don't have to read their bull :banana:

It just matters how they bash him to me. If the comment is "Rivers sucked today" after a bad game, that's fine, as you would be criticizing him on that game. To say he sucks after that hypothetical bad game though would be ridiculous as he's proven he's still a middle-of-the-road QB for us that can carry us at times when we need it. 

The way-of-the-words matter! :thmup:

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It just matters how they bash him to me. If the comment is "Rivers sucked today" after a bad game, that's fine, as you would be criticizing him on that game. To say he sucks after that hypothetical bad game though would be ridiculous as he's proven he's still a middle-of-the-road QB for us that can carry us at times when we need it. 

The way-of-the-words matter! :thmup:

oh I agree, but after we win the same 5 or 6 people disappear and it is a common theme.  I won't name names but they know who they are, I am sure you do too :thmup:

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not fair to say? 

I was wrong on AC. I'll admit it. I was saying we needed an upgrade there. And the way the line was playing back then, 2016ish, it was warranted. I also didn't think he's been playing his best that year either.   However, since the addition of Kelly and especially Q, AC has been very good. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I was wrong on AC. I'll admit it. I was saying we needed an upgrade there. And the way the line was playing back then, 2016ish, it was warranted. I also didn't think he's been playing his best that year either.   However, since the addition of Kelly and especially Q, AC has been very good. 

I never thought AC was great, I always had him in the good category but he is very important to our team and it is showing now.

44 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

At this point Colts have to purge a LT from a teams practice squad. Chaz Green is garbage lol.

"Garbage," eh?  A bit rough on your part.  IIRC he was working on the right side, mostly - and was pushed to the left because of injuries.  Pretty sure he did all he could.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never thought AC was great, I always had him in the good category but he is very important to our team and it is showing now.

True - AC has been a solid starting left tackle for us.  That is saying something.  He might not be top 5 in the league ( I really have no idea where he falls with rankings and stats) but upgrading would be a tall order.  It isn't easy to find guys with that total package.

3 minutes ago, gspdx said:

True - AC has been a solid starting left tackle for us.  That is saying something.  He might not be top 5 in the league ( I really have no idea where he falls with rankings and stats) but upgrading would be a tall order.  It isn't easy to find guys with that total package.

I agree, I have him top 10 which is still respectable and good.

I hope that Clark recovers, but TBH his best hope is as a career backup in the NFL.  I remember seeing his highlight tape from college and thinking he was holding on just about every play.  I guess the Colts liked his potential and mobility.

As far as Green, I forgot what he was known for before joining the Colts - When he had to start for Dallas he gave up six sacks by Adrian Clayborn.  That was more sacks than Clayborn had in his six seasons.

Jerry Jones called it The Burning of Atlanta. 

Archived