Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2021 opponent schedule, dates & times are TBD

Shadow_Creek

38 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Houston back to back?

No.  Just that we play them twice, home and away.   Interesting they didn’t do that with JVille and Tenn...   odd.

Note that they did list all games as Date: TBA. 

The Schedule for any given year typically comes out a week or two before the draft.  So, roughly mid-April.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting.   The non—conference schedule looks challenging.   Wonder if this is based on the projection that the Colts win the AFC South?

i wonder with the vacancy spots does Pittsburgh get add again or maybe it will depend how we play them this year.

18 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i wonder with the vacancy spots does Pittsburgh get add again or maybe it will depend how we play them this year.

The Colts will play the teams from the north and west that finish in the same position as the Colts so if the Colts win the south look for the chiefs and Steelers to go on the schedule.

55 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

This is really irrelevant right now. Who knows how things will turnout which team improve, regress etc.

If you look after the Seahawks game there are two slots for the AFC West and North.  Those are the two games determined by the Colts division placement and the equivalent placement of the teams in those divisions.  All other games are predetermined based on annual rotations of the schedule.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not going to worry about next season. 

image.png.2f86e7240caf4b84e99b7b29f3b1d5eb.png

Woooooooooo!!! The Nature Boy! I'm a Jet Flying, Limousine riding, Kiss Stealing, son of a gun! 

To be the Man, WOOOOOOOO!!! you have to beat the Man! Struts around the ring and does an elbow drop on his robe! LOL!

• Nadine changed the title to Colts 2021 opponent schedule, dates & times are TBD

Wait, what is the 17th game? Did they figure out how they were going to do that? 

I think it would be interesting if every division played #2 at #1  and #4 at #3 to break any ties head to head. 

Thoughts? Or did I miss the actual announcement on how they were picking the 17th game?

11 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Wait, what is the 17th game? Did they figure out how they were going to do that? 

I think it would be interesting if every division played #2 at #1  and #4 at #3 to break any ties head to head. 

Thoughts? Or did I miss the actual announcement on how they were picking the 17th game?

The players union agreed to it and they can start as early as 21 or as late as 23.  I don’t think it’s been decided as of yet.  If so, I missed it.  

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

i like the idea but it could also be the reason for a tied record as well.  it feels like there is at least one bottom feeder in our division every year and often two.  the colts would be in the top game a lot i bet 

On 11/22/2020 at 12:39 PM, aaron11 said:

i like the idea but it could also be the reason for a tied record as well.  it feels like there is at least one bottom feeder in our division every year and often two.  the colts would be in the top game a lot i bet 

Actually it would ALWAYS break the ties. You can't tie best of 3 head to head. 

I really think a new tradition of playing each division #2 at #1 and number #4 at #3 would be a perfect17th game.  I haven't seen anyone else suggest that before, though you'd think it would be an obvious thing. Basically it becomes a Division championship game, thou I understand that it ight not matter but there's a better chance of 3-4 very meaningful week 18 games.  

What a great time to be a colts fan.  Playoffs are probable but not a sure thing so every game is going to be important.  We have a team that should be at least competitive in every game and I think could beat anyone if things go right.  The rest of this year is going to be fun. 

13 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Actually it would ALWAYS break the ties. You can't tie best of 3 head to head. 

I really think a new tradition of playing each division #2 at #1 and number #4 at #3 would be a perfect17th game.  I haven't seen anyone else suggest that before, though you'd think it would be an obvious thing. Basically it becomes a Division championship game, thou I understand that it ight not matter but there's a better chance of 3-4 very meaningful week 18 games.  

The only thing there is with 7 playoff teams from each conference now, you could easily play a divisional rival 4 times in one year(including playoffs).

I don't like that

3 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

The only thing there is with 7 playoff teams from each conference now, you could easily play a divisional rival 4 times in one year(including playoffs).

I don't like that

I understand your point.  The other option would simply be to play an opposite conference team with the same divisional finish like we do with same conference matchups.  Not as exciting though. 

Archived