Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Braylon Edwards Anyone?

Ohio Colt

If there is a signing, it will be for D-line or CB. I just think we will wait to sign anyone for the D-line or CB position till one or both of these things happen:

1. Sign all the draft picks

2. Trade Freeney

If 2. does not happen, we will wait till 1. happens at least.

You're all looking at it on the surface. he played good football in 2010. He was a monster in 2007.

And since 2007 it has been downhill from there.....He might have tried to revive himself in NY but that didn't last long and they didn't want him when his contract was up. He was absolutely useless in San Francisco and did nothing. He's not worth the time.

I would like Braylon because he is cheap and low risk high reward and add more depth to the WR position. Just as long as he can keep his ego in check and actually catch the ball.

And what signs has he ever shown that would point to him being able to do either of those things?

No comment here means I've withheld my true opinion for one reason or another...

Yes, I know. I was waxing philosophic. It is the same to me as "buy one....bet one free". It is true, yet not true at the same time. Taking the time to post "no comment", is actually making a comment, and the comment is, "I've withheld my true opinion for one reason or another...".

Just having fun in the offseason.

Braylon Edwards is the same as Peirre Garcon. He seems to drop the easy catches but thrones that are very hard he can reel them in.

Not sure if Edwards has endured enough humility to accept a lower tier contract though. If we can get him cheap he would be a worthy addition to the team and then we can wait on drafting a WR in next year's draft.

Braylon Edwards is the same as Peirre Garcon. He seems to drop the easy catches but thrones that are very hard he can reel them in.

Not sure if Edwards has endured enough humility to accept a lower tier contract though. If we can get him cheap he would be a worthy addition to the team and then we can wait on drafting a WR in next year's draft.

He was very solid in '07, and had a very good game against the Colts in the '09 playoffs, but has been on a steady decline since, to the point where he couldn't stick with the 49ers even when they really needed WR talent. He was cut during the season for a reason. Unless you want to argue the team needs him for camp fodder, I really see no value here. It is time for the man to hang up his cleats.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, March 30, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by -JJ-, March 30, 2012 - inflammatory

No comment here means I've withheld my true opinion for one reason or another...

Means "I'm trying to stir the pot" or take a safe shot at the OP in your case. It's alright to be honest if nothing else.

This is all you need to know about him. He was hated in the locker room, the Browns gave up on him, the Jets took a guy out of prison who didn't see the field in years over him, AND the 49'ers gave up on him despite their need for WR's. That's the same 49'ers that are taking a gamble on Moss.

Even if it's for the NFL minimum you don't rebuild a winning team with a low talent cancer.

And what signs has he ever shown that would point to him being able to do either of those things?

Well maybe I am just somebody who likes to give second chances to people and hope it works out. I know he hasn't shown any signs of reducing his ego and dropped passes, maybe he can get his game back on track.

Yes he did and im telling you its very painful to go thru.I had C-7 T-1 fusion plate cadavar bone in Aug 11 still cant feel right arm.

NO TY. Hes a Moss only plays when he wants too and a headcase not that Moss wasnt great key word was.Just doesnt have the hands or drive anymore.