Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton had a few talks about contract extension

I hope they front load it with team options after 2 years (due to need to pay younger guys later) because our return on investment will come in the next 2 years beyond which we could see a tail off like Marvin Harrison, IMO. 

I wouldn’t expect anything longer than 3 years, and that’s only if there are acceptable early outs for the team.   Players on the far side of 30 often age quickly and badly.  TY is showing signs of that already.   So I’d expect the Colts to be cautious with our offer.

Much as I love me some TY, I honestly think this would be a good time to move on.  You don't pay a guy for what he has done, you pay him for what he will do, and smaller speed guys that start having injury problems tend to keep having injury problems.

He can still ball. May have lost some speed but still has great hands. He will contribute like usual but the Colts NEED other guys to step up. The offense needs to find another guy. No has besides T.Y. Has proven to be that guy yet

TY can still absolutely ball out. As soon as Luck came back he got 1K again. Jacoby comes in which doesn't help and he got hurt, it happens.

Put a legit QB (which I hope we have) and TY will still produce big #'s. He definitely hasn't slowed down, he's not a big 220LB receiver who falls off a cliff as soon as they hit a certain age. He's still fast and can produce good numbers.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t expect anything longer than 3 years, and that’s only if there are acceptable early outs for the team.   Players on the far side of 30 often age quickly and badly.  TY is showing signs of that already.   So I’d expect the Colts to be cautious with our offer.

Yeah I say a 2 year extension which means we would still have him for 3 counting 2020.

Good to hear him mentioning getting with Rivers hopefully. Here in Minnesota, I’ve heard Cousins on radio appearances mention how he and receivers have talked about making plans to meet somewhere and throw/run routes as soon soon as they are allowed to socially. I immediately said to myself I would assume all teams will but it’s nice to have some sort of confirmation on the Indy side. 

3 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Much as I love me some TY, I honestly think this would be a good time to move on.  You don't pay a guy for what he has done, you pay him for what he will do, and smaller speed guys that start having injury problems tend to keep having injury problems.

Don't tell Steve Smith that.

42 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

Good to hear him mentioning getting with Rivers hopefully. Here in Minnesota, I’ve heard Cousins on radio appearances mention how he and receivers have talked about making plans to meet somewhere and throw/run routes as soon soon as they are allowed to socially. I immediately said to myself I would assume all teams will but it’s nice to have some sort of confirmation on the Indy side. 

I can’t be sure but I think TY is actually in Florida. I could of sworn I remember hearing he lives there in the off season. He mentioned running on the beach in this interview. They should be able to get together any time. Just watching the IG of the players they are all working out with others. Campbell has been spending a lot of time with Deon Cain. I also saw fountain has been with Cain. They all must of developed some good relationships.  I would think rivers will be making plans to move his family up here soon.

55 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Don't tell Steve Smith that.

I wouldn't call Steve Smith a small speed guy. He was a physical, tenacious possession receiver who high pointed balls and rarely was known to shy away from contact. Smith definitely did not play like a small speedster, TY does. Hilton is definitely not the same type of receiver as Smith imo. Both are great at their craft though. 

55 minutes ago, life long said:

I wouldn't call Steve Smith a small speed guy. He was a physical, tenacious possession receiver who high pointed balls and rarely was known to shy away from contact. Smith definitely did not play like a small speedster, TY does. Hilton is definitely not the same type of receiver as Smith imo. Both are great at their craft though. 

Steve Smith is actually smaller than TY. He did run a 4.41 40yd dash so he was more of a speedster than you think. 

52 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Hard to believe Hilton has been a Colt for 9 years. Been just as reliable as Reggie and Harrison and deserves to be talked about in the same conversation of Colts WRs.

Absolutely, just like them. Rarely misses time, minus last year of course and to me is a true Colt like those guys always were. They wanted to play here in Indy. Carries a couple extra points for me honestly. Having guys like that helps with a team identity.

He's definitely never been huge with the TD numbers, but how many times have we seen drives/games changed with a huge reception from TY in a huge moment? 

55 minutes ago, IinD said:

Absolutely, just like them. Rarely misses time, minus last year of course and to me is a true Colt like those guys always were. They wanted to play here in Indy. Carries a couple extra points for me honestly. Having guys like that helps with a team identity.

He's definitely never been huge with the TD numbers, but how many times have we seen drives/games changed with a huge reception from TY in a huge moment? 

TY always comes through in the clutch. I will be really sad to see him go, whenever he does. 

I hope Ballard values him enough to give him another good contract, afterall, he says it will be his last. Im hoping for a 4 year deal, but it sounded like he was open to 5 more years, and okay with as little as 2. 

Being a younger fan its surreal for me watching these guys play and retire. From Manning to Marv and Luck to TY, and now even that has come to an end with Lucks retirement. 

Its been a very eventful 25 years. 

I'm happy to be a Colts fan. 

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would re-sign him for 2 years, so basically we would have him for 3 = 2020 - this season, 2021, 2022. If he can stay fairly healthy, he can give us 3 more years of good production. He should get paid like a top 8-10 WR IMO, he is real important to this team.

He hasn’t been healthy for the past two years, so looking forward the odds are against it. He needs to prove he can play out this season healthy and productive to get an extension.

Depends on the health of his 2020 season! Last two yrs he dealt with lower leg injuries and add in the fact he only wants to play one more contract has me worried about his health.  If he can stay healthy in 2020 with no lower leg injuries, an extension may come but if any signs of an injury to his lower legs will be the culprit to his release.  When on the field, he is a game changer but when he is inactive, the Colts record is 0-9.

Archived