Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Evan Silva 1st Round 2020 Mock

So someone from the Draft Network re-tweeted him and mentioned that he’s been the most accurate over the last two draft cycles. Thought that was interesting 

interesting enough, this is like the 3rd connection in the last couple of weeks between Herbert and the Colts. 

2 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Mocks that don’t have the 4 QBs going top 12 are pretty much questing for novelty in a period where it’s tough to find anything else to discuss...which I appreciate cuz I get bored easily 

yeah i think this will be a bad year for mock draft accuracy.  the qbs are going high and there will almost definitely  be a trade or two 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Yeah, Silva was the mock champions one of the recent years. Worth posting that one. It's going to be so interesting for me to see whether Ballard would prefer Herbert or Love if both are there for us to take... or none of them. 

Only thing is that everyone else is leading us to believe that Herbert has no chance of falling to 13 and we'd have to trade up.  

What are the odds of Herbert falling to 13?

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

10-15%? No idea... 

So to me it seems like an odd mock.   Something that might fit the dreams of Colts fans that like Herbert.  

Seems to me there are several teams in the top 10 who need a QB, a few outside of the top 10 who might be willing to trade up.

I'm mostly just trusting Ballard a lot on the QB call but I don't expect Ballard to have the option to take Herbert without trading up for it.  

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

So to me it seems like an odd mock.   Something that might fit the dreams of Colts fans that like Herbert.  

Seems to me there are several teams in the top 10 who need a QB, a few outside of the top 10 who might be willing to trade up.

I'm mostly just trusting Ballard a lot on the QB call but I don't expect Ballard to have the option to take Herbert without trading up for it.  

I guess Silva is banking on free agent QBs finding new homes and changing GM plans. But I agree, Herbert at least right now seems to be a stretch. 

3 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I just don't see how the Chargers don't pick QB there. I think they 100% do.

I think people were too quick in assuming that the Chargers were taking a QB just because Rivers left. There haven’t been any real links between the Chargers and Herbert either. I think the media gave that one wings.

Plus they need OL help bad.

5 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I'd really like to see herbert and love available when they pick so we are assured who they wanted most.   I think herbert is the better choice but whomever ballard selects i will support.

And if both are available and neither are selected? The armchair GM's at this site......

tumblr_oy8kjj7d0Z1qmob6ro1_400.gifv

On 3/11/2020 at 12:21 PM, Thunderbolt said:

I like it, hope it happens. Herbert will definitely make a difference in the offense after P Rivers is signed.

Aren't you a bit skeptical of Rivers? Could possibly be another Vinateiri situation. All of those turnovers last year can't be totally on his offensive line. 

The Chargers literally have no starting QB.  There's no way they pass on a franchise QB unless they truly think they can get "their guy" in another round... That or they already have an agreement in place with another club to mitigate the perils of taking any player other than QB in the 1st. 

Case in point: The GIANTS just took "their guy" at #6 last year despite him not being rated that high and so far they're pretty happy.

If a move like that didn't work out it would easily be the GM or HC's job.  There's no logical reason why any shot caller would assume that level of risk.  

I'd love to see Herbert fall that far, but with the QB position so important (Jackson wins MVP, Mahomes wins SB) in the modern NFL... any QB deemed a Top-15 pick/franchise level QB will be taken in the Top-10 and more than likely the Top-6.  

On 3/11/2020 at 7:01 PM, Four2itus said:

And if both are available and neither are selected? The armchair GM's at this site......

tumblr_oy8kjj7d0Z1qmob6ro1_400.gifv

If they are both there I would actually highly consider taking an elite prospect (if they remain) and then eye for opportunities to trade up once one of the two are gone. Unless of course you like one quite a bit better than the other.

7 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

If they are both there I would actually highly consider taking an elite prospect (if they remain) and then eye for opportunities to trade up once one of the two are gone. Unless of course you like one quite a bit better than the other.

If Herbert and Love were there at 13, I would b very concerned.  Teams r doing more home work and getting better at drafting in the 1st round. For teams to pass on Herbert and Love till the 13th pick would scare me.  I do expect Love to b there but not Herbert. I also could see Tua being there at 13. Can u imagine this board if Tua and Love are available at 13 and we pass?  Oh my!!!

Archived