Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Tom Brady cleans out his office, moves out of his home in Massachusetts

Imgrandojji

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

It's probably just all part of a calculated plan.   We may not know, but he does. 

odds shark has put real odds on this.  patriots -300

The Los Angeles Chargers (+200), Dallas Cowboys (+700), Las Vegas Raiders (+700), Indianapolis Colts (+800), Carolina Panthers (+900), Cleveland Browns (+900), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+900), Denver Broncos (+1200), Miami Dolphins (+1400) and Minnesota Vikings (+1400) are topping the list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

The Los Angeles Chargers (+200), Dallas Cowboys (+700), Las Vegas Raiders (+700), Indianapolis Colts (+800), Carolina Panthers (+900), Cleveland Browns (+900), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+900), Denver Broncos (+1200), Miami Dolphins (+1400) and Minnesota Vikings (+1400) are topping the list.

There's no way Tom Brady would even take an offer to play QB for the Colts. Especially after deflategate. He's got a personal vendetta against Indianapolis whether he will admit it or not. I think he would do well in Indy but I think he would rather play in New England or retire.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

There's no way Tom Brady would even take an offer to play QB for the Colts. Especially after deflategate. He's got a personal vendetta against Indianapolis whether he will admit it or not. I think he would do well in Indy but I think he would rather play in New England or retire.

we don't want that washed up, lying, cheating, fake  here in Indy anyway.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You're underestimating Brady's professionalism.  If he hits the market and ours is the best offer, he'll play here.

Most Pats fans don't give a crap about Indy now.  Sad but true.  The rivalry is pretty much dead, at least until we win one when it matters. 

The fact of the matter is that ever since Manning left, the main Patriot rival has been Pittsburgh.

If Brady has any bad blood with the Colts, it'll be because of what we did to Manning, not anything we did to him personally.  Manning and Brady are close friends.

If anything, the idea of going to his friend and rival's team and beating his old squad with it might be appealing.  Brady is one of the most competitive people you'll ever meet.  It's always personal with him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, aaron11 said:

He retire before he joins the Cowboys (he hates them), the Browns,Vikings,Broncos or Colts. (Wife Nicole those in a heartbeat! And he will not be apart from his family for that long of a time)

Also Brady has already mixed the rumor they moved into a new home in CT.

21 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

You're underestimating Brady's professionalism.  If he hits the market and ours is the best offer, he'll play here.

Most Pats fans don't give a crap about Indy now.  Sad but true.  The rivalry is pretty much dead, at least until we win one when it matters. 

The fact of the matter is that ever since Manning left, the main Patriot rival has been Pittsburgh.

If Brady has any bad blood with the Colts, it'll be because of what we did to Manning, not anything we did to him personally.  Manning and Brady are close friends.

If anything, the idea of going to his friend and rival's team and beating his old squad with it might be appealing.  Brady is one of the most competitive people you'll ever meet.  It's always personal with him.

We did not do anything wrong by Manning. Actually, we did him a huge favor. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

He retire before he joins the Cowboys (he hates them), the Browns,Vikings,Broncos or Colts. (Wife Nicole those in a heartbeat! And he will not be apart from his family for that long of a time)

Also Brady has already mixed the rumor they moved into a new home in CT.

i agree i would be shocked if he goes anywhere besides NE or LA.  i doubt he would go to a smaller market or join a rebuilding team now

Dallas seems like a good fit but hes never liked them and they have a new coach and questionable front office 

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We did not do anything wrong by Manning. Actually, we did him a huge favor. 

yeah he got to pick where he wanted to go and won a super bowl with them.  colts were about to rebuild

i thought for years that taking luck was the right move, now it looks like we should have kept peyton and traded luck 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

yeah he got to pick where he wanted to go and won a super bowl with them.  colts were about to rebuild

i thought for years that taking luck was the right move, now it looks like we should have kept peyton and traded luck 

No, I still think it was the right move. That 2011 team was toast. it was time. Now, looking back, IF we had kept Peyton, I would have set Luck behind him for those 2-3 years.  but, likely we wouldn't have had any more success than what we did with Luck. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i agree i would be shocked if he goes anywhere besides NE or LA.  i doubt he would go to a smaller market or join a rebuilding team now

Dallas seems like a good fit but hes never liked them and they have a new coach and questionable front office 

I 100% agree, and I see the Chargers being the winners if they want him.  Makes sense, his family is there, they already have a home in LA I believe, and he get to prove he was great even without BB.. (the last part be harder to prove at his age.. now 5 years ago yes.. lol)

35 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I 100% agree, and I see the Chargers being the winners if they want him.  Makes sense, his family is there, they already have a home in LA I believe, and he get to prove he was great even without BB.. (the last part be harder to prove at his age.. now 5 years ago yes.. lol)

I agree on the Chargers as well.  They have the players to be able to go for it in a win now mode and adding Brady and their move to a new stadium should create a lot of excitement n LA.  Makes a lot of sense and it helps the Colts which is even better.  Hope it happens.  

On 1/16/2020 at 10:24 AM, pgt_rob said:

What possible reason would he have to sign with the Colts over the Pats? I love the Colts and hate the Pats but lets be honest-

The Patriots have a better coach, better defense, better offense, they won more games in 2019 and they made the playoffs.

The Colts have a better run game. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Connors said:

What possible reason would he have to sign with the Colts over the Pats? I love the Colts and hate the Pats but lets be honest-

The Patriots have a better coach, better defense, better offense, they won more games in 2019 and they made the playoffs.

The Colts have a better run game. 

Colts have a better O line and with that Brady make your receivers look better with time.. Pats have a better run game though, or rather RB’s.

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Robert Kraft will re-sign him.  I can't imagine he wouldn't

This.  Some have said it may be him or Belichick.  I dont know if those rumors have any truth to them.  :dunno:

I have said I dont see either of them going anywhere, but what do I know?

I don't really much care.  They were "off" this year.  I thought Brady declined.  It happens. Others dont think so.  But, next year he'll be another year older.  

Stay tuned!

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

No, I still think it was the right move. That 2011 team was toast. it was time. Now, looking back, IF we had kept Peyton, I would have set Luck behind him for those 2-3 years.  but, likely we wouldn't have had any more success than what we did with Luck. 

Agreed.  We didn't have enough pieces around the QB to be a SB team.  Peyton has Wade Phillips to thank for his second ring. 

6 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

nobody just ups and leaves there house and cleans out there locker if there not planning on testing free agency Brady and NE are done

He's probably just making a point. He wasn't happy that Brees' last deal was better than his. He is testing the market so they don't low ball him (in his own view). 

4 hours ago, 18to87 said:

He's probably just making a point. He wasn't happy that Brees' last deal was better than his. He is testing the market so they don't low ball him (in his own view). 

Brady’s been taking team friendly deals his entire career. That is all on him. His been praised for it by everyone as well. I just think he’s tired of living under the shadow of the hooded one and wants to try to squash that theory before he retires

It’s also entirely possible he’s ticked off because NE hasn’t or hadn’t tried to extend him prior to this season as they done in the past. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

nobody just ups and leaves there house and cleans out there locker if there not planning on testing free agency Brady and NE are done

He moved to Connecticut.   It's not like he moved across country.   I don't think he is going anywhere

• Like 1