Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning And Irsay Had Issue?

19colt

According to this:

http://www.milehighsports.com/?p=9194

It was real, with no gimmicks and no frills. The Broncos showed Manning that they wanted to win and explained how they would achieve that with him at quarterback. As one source close to Manning told me, “Contrary to what happened in the last press conference, Peyton has a big issue with Jim Irsay. The relationship is not what it once was and it’s kind of funny, but now Elway and Manning, both have an Irsay issue.”

sorry, this guy is some guy in Denver, if there were actually reports coming out of Indy saying that Irsay and Manning had issues, then I would pay attention.

This is just some guy out of Denver as like a blog with no sources of anything that is definitive

This^^^

sorry, this guy is some guy in Denver, if there were actually reports coming out of Indy saying that Irsay and Manning had issues, then I would pay attention.

This is just some guy out of Denver as like a blog with no sources of anything that is definitive

Exactly! I was told by a guy in Denver before to eat Caterpillars because they are a good source of protein. That being said I took his word with a grain of salt.

Exactly! I was told by a guy in Denver before to eat Caterpillars because they are a good source of protein. That being said I took his word with a grain of salt.

As I was reading this I was like, "whaaaaaaa." Then I read "I took his word" and I was like now way you did that, but I continued to read "a grain of salt." haha

One would be naive to think things are 100% perfect between the two. You don't go through a divorce like that with it being perfect.

Manning remained professional in the process and made the breakup much easier than it could have been.

BUT DO PEYTON AND MARVIN HARRISON STILL HANG OUT LIKE BEST BUDS?

BUT DO PEYTON AND MARVIN HARRISON STILL HANG OUT LIKE BEST BUDS?

I assume not. Marvin al be a great receiver he was, he seems like a very shady person. I respect what he's done for the Colts but to me Marvin (in real life) seems quite mafioso.

He definitely has a darker side not much of us know about. Still one of the greatest WRs of all time though.

I think it's just a case of someone trying to make something out of nothing. According to a close source of mine, Peyton didn't go to Miami because of his love for seafood. He felt guilty about eating so much seafood that he didn't think it would be right to play for the Dolphins...

I think it's just a case of someone trying to make something out of nothing. According to a close source of mine, Peyton didn't go to Miami because of his love for seafood. He felt guilty about eating so much seafood that he didn't think it would be right to play for the Dolphins...

Lol! Well said :)

Irsay should hang his head in shame. Imagine paying Peyton all those millions last year for doing diddly squat. Embarrassing. No wonder PM is in a tizzy with him.

i'm tired of that same old arguement. Fact is, since Peyton came to Indy, the franchise has grown more and at a faster rate than any team in the NFL...the #s are crazy, they were showing it on TV the other night. Fact of the matter is that Peyton has made Irsay a LOT more money than Irsay has paid him, over the years...If not for Peyton, the team would likely be in california now...and no Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy and no hosting the Super Bowl for the Colts...so its safe to say that Irsay should be forever thankful that he was lucky enough to pay Peyton to play for his team.

i'm tired of that same old arguement. Fact is, since Peyton came to Indy, the franchise has grown more and at a faster rate than any team in the NFL...the #s are crazy, they were showing it on TV the other night. Fact of the matter is that Peyton has made Irsay a LOT more money than Irsay has paid him, over the years...If not for Peyton, the team would likely be in california now...and no Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy and no hosting the Super Bowl for the Colts...so its safe to say that Irsay should be forever thankful that he was lucky enough to pay Peyton to play for his team.

LA Colts. Really. Give me a break on that one if you don't mind. Pure fantasy. And this argument about Peyton giving so much more is also pathetic. He was an employee who was paid his own weight in gold to deliver a high quality product. Which he did. They have both prospered..........

LA Colts. Really. Give me a break on that one if you don't mind. Pure fantasy. And this argument about Peyton giving so much more is also pathetic. He was an employee who was paid his own weight in gold to deliver a high quality product. Which he did. They have both prospered..........

Maybe not the "LA Colts", but the team most likely would have moved. The NFL was wanting a team to go, and we were by far the worst team in the NFL before Peyton was drafted...had we taken Leaf instead, we wouldve continued to suck balls, and yes, maybe the "colts" part wouldve changed, but its a safe bet that we wouldve moved to LA. The only "pure fantasy" is the little world you must live in, inside your head. And its not an arguement that Peyton caused the value of the Colts to skyrocket during his 14yrs here...if it werent the case, do you honestly think that Irsay wouldve continued to pay him so much?

The fact is, the value of the Colts team increased by a quarter of a BILLION dollars while Peyton was our QB and the estimated net profit for the city because of the Super Bowl being hosted by Indy was another quarter of a BILLION dollars....when you look at the half a BILLION dollars there, plus all of the other revenue generated by Peyton's time in Indy, that "$26 million" that you said that "Irsay paid him for nothing" doesnt seem like all that much.

Maybe not the "LA Colts", but the team most likely would have moved. The NFL was wanting a team to go, and we were by far the worst team in the NFL before Peyton was drafted...had we taken Leaf instead, we wouldve continued to suck balls, and yes, maybe the "colts" part wouldve changed, but its a safe bet that we wouldve moved to LA. The only "pure fantasy" is the little world you must live in, inside your head. And its not an arguement that Peyton caused the value of the Colts to skyrocket during his 14yrs here...if it werent the case, do you honestly think that Irsay wouldve continued to pay him so much?

The fact is, the value of the Colts team increased by a quarter of a BILLION dollars while Peyton was our QB and the estimated net profit for the city because of the Super Bowl being hosted by Indy was another quarter of a BILLION dollars....when you look at the half a BILLION dollars there, plus all of the other revenue generated by Peyton's time in Indy, that "$26 million" that you said that "Irsay paid him for nothing" doesnt seem like all that much.

Ah, now when I see a BILLION spelled out like that, I've now come to my senses.

The whole of Indiana should be thankful for this chap, who, er, plays football.

It's a good thing no other players were ever drafted after 1998. Who's to say we wouldn't have drafted other quality players? This LA Colts arguement is getting old.

And the franchise worth thing. Lol. The NFL as a whole has ballooned into the billions of dollars and every franchise since 1998 has grown exponentially. Colts included.

I am really starting to hate the word, "sources". After reading the linked article, I am wondering if this Brandon Spano is feeling the same way and has learned that information from "sources" doesn't necessarily equate to fact.

First, he speaks of a lock sold, stone cold, source:

I was sure that the Broncos would land Manning at this point and felt even better about it when a lock solid, stone cold, source told me that Manning was not going to turn down a visit with the Titans out of respect for head coach Mike Munchak, who played with Archie Manning in the early ‘80s. I assumed that this was a formality that had to be overcome before Manning could sign with Denver.

Although he doesn't use the word, "source", he is being told and informed by someone unnamed:

On Tuesday, I was told that Manning had decided to join the Denver Broncos. I was informed that the Titans would fly to North Carolina to meet with him, but the decision was already made. I believed it. But I also knew that there was no way we could send a story of this magnitude to the masses before Manning was even done visiting the Titans. I wrote the story and emailed it. We were locked and loaded, just waiting for the right time to drop it.

Now, he has an influential source:

Early that afternoon, I received a call from one of my most influential sources throughout the past week and he immediately told me in a very calm tone, “The meeting has been canceled Brandon, Manning is ready to get this deal done. He’s gonna be a Bronco.”

I immediately started to make calls and scan the Internet to clarify. What I found was a Bud Adams flight from Nashville, Tenn., to Raleigh, N.C., that had been canceled.

There was no way that this was a coincidence. This guy hadn’t been wrong yet. I immediately tweeted it and within 30 minutes started seeing nonchalant national reporters eating out of the hands of another PR staff. The national reports went something like this, “The Titans haven’t canceled the meeting; it has been rescheduled for tomorrow.” Some even went out of their way to say that the Titans always planned on meeting Wednesday.

I knew it was wrong. What was going on? Something must have happened, but all I could do was play the waiting game.

His "sources" are now freaking out:

By Wednesday morning, my sources and many others were freaking out. The buzz was thick. Nobody knew what Adams did or said, but something happened. It was also revealed by NFL insider Shawn Zobel, who has been on my radio show, that there was actually a second meeting planned by the Titans and then canceled by Manning.

All we knew was that Adams said something and it changed EVERYTHING. The same guy who told me that the sky would fall before the Titans signed Manning, sent me a text that said, “I think the sky is falling. Lol.” One problem though, I wasn’t laughing out loud.

Nobody knows what will happen next. Bud Adams has made this extremely challenging and it looks like it’s back to the waiting game. Will the Broncos be outplayed by an 89-year-old multi-billionaire? Only time will tell

Manning and his Mahi Mahi are synonymous!

:lol: my source close to Peyton he would have wanted to go to San Diego so that he could show Ryan Leaf that it wasn't that hard to win a few games in San Diego

It's a good thing no other players were ever drafted after 1998. Who's to say we wouldn't have drafted other quality players? This LA Colts arguement is getting old.

And the franchise worth thing. Lol. The NFL as a whole has ballooned into the billions of dollars and every franchise since 1998 has grown exponentially. Colts included.

every franchise has grown, but the #s show that the Colts grew by far more than any other franchise did.... and thanks for reminding me about all of the other players we drafted besides Peyton...without them, we wouldnt have won those TWO games last year...you've got a great point! lol