Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name one team any team

love the shoe

5 minutes ago, love the shoe said:

That is what I thought 15 views and no replies.  It is amazi.g we are still in the hunt guys 

The best part of this thread is you basically “talking to yourself.”

I had to chime in. ...... Go on with your optimistic , rose-colored rants!  We need more of that around here.

Heres to the glass always staying half full.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Can I just say that it is a breath of fresh air to see some positive post.

I can’t help but notice that it doesn’t have many replies. Seems that our forum doesn’t want to comment on positive, only on something they can complain about or something negative. 

Or maybe because it’s the day before Thanksgiving and people might be involved in other things right now? Just saying... :dunno:

I actually see a pretty good mix of both positive and negative threads that pop up after a game, one of the reasons I like being a part of the forum. There are lots of people on this forum who post consistent support for the Colts, I’ve noticed after being on here for a while who the glass half full vs. the glass half empty people are. But hey it’s all good, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, can’t let it get to you.

I am a fan that is frustrated with some of the issues our team is having right now, but I will always cheer for the Colts no matter what. This holiday I am thankful for the Colts being a team that I will choose to ride with, thick or thin! Thank you Colts for existing and giving me a team I will support for life.

Back to peeling my sweet potatoes now haha.. Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone... GO COLTS!!! :rock:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I don’t remember a year where injuries to key players has been so many. If you take the Texans and take Watson, Fuller, Hopkins and stills off their team for as many games as our WR and QB has missed they are not winning. How good do you think Watson would be with pascal and Rogers as his one and two WR.  That isn’t even mentioning the amount of injuries we had earlier on defense. It’s amazing we are even where we are. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t remember a year where injuries to key players has been so many. If you take the Texans and take Watson, Fuller, Hopkins and stills off their team for as many games as our WR and QB has missed they are not winning. How good do you think Watson would be with pascal and Rogers as his one and two WR.  That isn’t even mentioning the amount of injuries we had earlier on defense. It’s amazing we are even where we are. 

Even the HC and OC said WRs weren't the issue last week.

• Like 4

The Chargers were in a similar situation the start the year. Also the Steelers like others have said.

Yes the Colts have had injuries to big name players but other teams to do as well. Quit having a victims mentality.

Andrew Luck dealt with a complete garbage can of a roster AND injuries but still showed up and played good football and willed the Colts to victories and made no name players look good. JB cant even hit open receivers or throw over 6 yards. He is holding on to the ball and making our offensive line lives harder and making others on this offense worse. Look at the stats. Not to mention this Colts roster is a super bowl roster with a good QB.

”IN THE HUNT” Is not good enough for this fan base and it never should be...

Also Love the Shoe, in regards to your second post about 15 views and no replies. I’m not sure if your trying to prove a point but you aren’t going to get any replies if nobody is interested in your post

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Exactly.  There is not any other team that could start JB all year minus one start and have six wins at this point. 

7 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I can’t help but notice that it doesn’t have many replies. Seems that our forum doesn’t want to comment on positive, only on something they can complain about or something negative. 

I hate to say this but this is the world we live in today. Now with legal sports betting its only going to get WORSE. Everybody feels entitled :(. 

Good, bad or ugly I'll still root for the Colts every Sunday and expect a win but not lose sleep over a loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

The Chargers were in a similar situation the start the year. Also the Steelers like others have said.

Yes the Colts have had injuries to big name players but other teams to do as well. Quit having a victims mentality.

Andrew Luck dealt with a complete garbage can of a roster AND injuries but still showed up and played good football and willed the Colts to victories and made no name players look good. JB cant even hit open receivers or throw over 6 yards. He is holding on to the ball and making our offensive line lives harder and making others on this offense worse. Look at the stats. Not to mention this Colts roster is a super bowl roster with a good QB.

Also Love the Shoe, in regards to your second post about 15 views and no replies. I’m not sure if your trying to prove a point but you aren’t going to get any replies if nobody is interested in your post

exactly "in the hunt" shouldn't be good enough for any fan base. I dont care if it's the browns or dolphins you play to win a championship every year not be a runner up. blows my mind how many in our fanbase are just content with being close to making the playoffs or just making it and losing first round. what the hell kind of goal is that? lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Exactly.  There is not any other team that could start JB all year minus one start and have six wins at this point. 

That is not was I was talking about.

People can complain all they want about Jacoby. But the fact is the season turned upside down when he got hurt. We would be sitting pretty at 8-3 if he hadn’t hurt his knee.

9 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

And look how bad the chargers started the season after they beat us.

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

People can complain all they want about Jacoby. But the fact is the season turned upside down when he got hurt. We would be sitting pretty at 8-3 if he hadn’t hurt his knee.

how do you know? JB loves to play down to his competition every week he could of very well lost to the steelers and dolphins as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, love the shoe said:

In the hunt is.not good enough.  Ok let's see what the ravens would be like without lamar. Their tight end and  ingram . 

why the hell are you acting like Mack has missed half the season? the dude has missed like 1 game stop acting like that's an excuse for JB sucking. Ebron also just went to IR so also not an excuse so try again. Luck was missing mack half the year and his O line was musical chairs the first like half the season and yet he made the playoffs and won a playoff game last year. I'm so sick of seeing lame excuses made for JB every week like he is the only poor QB to ever lose players on offense.

• Like 1

I think it is a testament to the good team that Ballard has built.  With a solid defense the team is able to keep score fairly low.   

The great O-line allows back up RB's look like starters.  Also gives Brissett the extra time that he needs.   A good QB on this team would be fairing very well.

• Thanks 3

The injuries matter, but not everyone who is hurt, was hurt all year long..

It doesn't really matter what other teams are doing compared to us, maybe this year as much as any year- their elite QB didn't retire 2 weeks before the season.

And this playoff field feels a little like the NBA, where enough teams are trying to stay in the back, so being in the middle is that much easier. Which also makes the Colts losses to the Steelers and Dolphins so bad that if they don't make it, you just gotta live with it, because those are some of the worst losses any team took this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

just watch poor Jacoby play. If he hadn't hurt his knee, he would be in the MVP hunt. If the team was better his numbers would soar skyward. The facts are he is a backup. He has proven that this year. Shows how bad hoyer must be. Lets give Kelly the same amount of games to see if he has anything to show. If it all goes south, they dump everyone and draft a qb with a brain and good arm. Not a guy who is one dimensional and "exciting" and cant read defenses.

• Like 1

Without getting too subjective about it, these are my observations.

The high floor Jacoby provides is why our record is what it is, middle of the pack, IMO, despite our starter retiring 2 weeks prior to the season starting. The low ceiling Jacoby provides is why we don't have much margin for error in close games to pull away from teams. 

More than Frank Reich, Eberflus' masterful job of managing the D has been a BIG part of us keeping games close and winning more of them than losing at this point. Frank Reich has been hampered by Jacoby's ceiling, no doubt about it but he is learning what Brissett and Hoyer can do, and cannot do as well, and his play calling has been hit and miss this year.

Ballard's good construction of the roster, from top to bottom. minus offensive injuries to Funchess, Campbell and Hilton that he could not have anticipated, is also a big reason why we have been competitive in pretty much every game. Defensive trenches and offensive skill positions are definitely areas that need upgrades, and we cannot address them all in a couple of drafts, so free agency will have to be embraced a bit this coming off season. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Go get some positive vibes in you and come back later!!! :) 

• Thanks 2

Other teams have much different circumstances as far as Division, Conference, etc (would we be "In the Hunt" in the NFC West ... I highly doubt it) ... so I don't think you can use "in the hunt" as the measurement of which teams could play at a similar level to the Colts (given similar player losses). 

I don't know if there is any accurate way to answer the OPs original question given the variables. A  better question might be what team could go "toe to toe" with the Colts given similar player losses. I believe there are a few teams on that list with several being favored.

14 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Glad you brought that up.  Try telling that to the JB haters.

• Like 1

Its hard to conclude much, IMO.

We had a top passing attack last year......despite these stats, Ballard thought the receiving corps needed upgrading enough to sign and draft 2 new anticipated starters.

We took a step backwards in the QB posititon, but never felt the benefit of upgraded receivers since they never made it on the field, hardly.  

This year, who is injured when or at what position really doesn't matter.  And it hasn't mattered.  Outside of our oline, QB, and WILL, we've been playing with backup quality players.  Since backups are replacing backups who are starting, the dropoff in quality isn't there.

What's kept us in the game is great coaching and game planning, with effective but not stellar execution.  Our offense has been effective at playing keep away.  Running game, short passes, and no turnovers has limited the opposing's teams possessions and ability to score.  We're in the hunt because of that, and because the NFL doesn't seem to have a dominant team, at least one that we've played.

The one game where we had three interceptions, was the one game our backup QB tried to get chunk yards.  And that type of play caused us to lose to maybe the worst NFL team at home.

We're not in it, really.  We don't have the team. We can't just play keep away in the playoffs.   If we went up against a real playoff team in the playoffs, we'd get smoked.  We caught KC when they were off, and even they aren't great, and are probably susceptible to the run anyway..

NE and BALT would beat us handily.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

That’s no joke I try to always stay optimistic on here but lately this place has been so doom and gloom, I’ve had to step away for awhile. I mean we’re 6-5 I fully believe we’ll be in the playoffs again. Go jacoby! Go vinny! go colts! funny old man GIF

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2019 at 8:20 PM, love the shoe said:

Take any team you want and take away their starting qb . 3 receivers. 4 counting  te  now . Your starting rb and still be in the hunt playing close games.  Go ahead name one . I can Our colts . Name another one . I cant . 

not to mention our kicker is is 315 years old in dog years  and lost two games for the shoes

On 11/28/2019 at 12:58 PM, Chloe6124 said:

What concerns me is this offense having to be totally rebuilt and aging parts on dline. I feel by the time we finally put it all together we might end up wasting guys like Nelson, Moore, and Leonard. I know they are young but before we know it they will be 30.

Ballards window imo, is 2021-2026. I see him drafting the next franchise QB this upcoming draft, he will sit for 1 year and we become SB contenders in 2022 with what will hopefully be a well rounded team by that point. 

• Like 1