Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name one team any team

love the shoe

On 11/27/2019 at 8:39 PM, EastStreet said:

I mean, Pitt is kinda in a similar situation... 

No, Pitt sucks. The only reason they’re still in it is because of the caliber of teams they’ve played and then teams like us and the Rams who fall asleep against them.

Look at this:

Losses

Patriots

Seahawks

49ers

Ravens

Browns (who suck)

Wins

Bengals (c’mon)

Chargers (decimated by injuries and also suck)

Dolphins (who suck)

Colts (We had Hoyer as QB and AV missed the game winner)

Rams (I’ll give them that one)

Bengals (c’mon)

Not exactly inspiring

5 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

No, Pitt sucks. The only reason they’re still in it is because of the caliber of teams they’ve played and then teams like us and the Rams who fall asleep against them.

Look at this:

Losses

Patriots

Seahawks

49ers

Ravens

Browns (who suck)

Wins

Bengals (c’mon)

Chargers (decimated by injuries and also suck)

Dolphins (who suck)

Colts (We had Hoyer as QB and AV missed the game winner)

Rams (I’ll give them that one)

Bengals (c’mon)

Not exactly inspiring

Their losses are much better than ours. Looks like their overall SoS is a lot stronger than ours.

• Like 1

We do have injuries, but I think you are passing the buck.  I have seen Luck and Manning with incredibly injured teams do well.  Remember when Blair White was catching passing from Manning?  Or Boom Herron as the starting RB?  I have said this in other places, but Brissett was QB 2017 and now in 2019.  Luck was in 2018.  Mostly same skill players.  Luck threw 39 TDs.  Brissett can't complete a pass past 10 yards.  Keep making excuses but the problem is Brissett.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/1/2019 at 5:24 PM, EastStreet said:

Their losses are much better than ours. Looks like their overall SoS is a lot stronger than ours.

Don't get me wrong, we suck too, but Pitt is not good. Like at all. Beating the Bengals and Browns is not an achievement. I get that they beat who they were supposed to beat and lost to who they were supposed to lose to, but that makes you mediocre at best.  The fact that us, Tenn, and Pitt are even competing for a wildcard spot shows the sorry state of the AFC once you get past the Ravens, Pats, Chiefs, cows, and Bills. There are only five good teams in the AFC, and neither Pitt nor us are one of them.

We are very lucky we don't play in the NFC

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Don't get me wrong, we suck too, but Pitt is not good. Like at all. Beating the Bengals and Browns is not an achievement. I get that they beat who they were supposed to beat and lost to who they were supposed to lose to, but that makes you mediocre at best.  The fact that us, Tenn, and Pitt are even competing for a wildcard spot shows the sorry state of the AFC once you get past the Ravens, Pats, Chiefs, cows, and Bills. There are only five good teams in the AFC, and neither Pitt nor us are one of them.

I agree. I think both Pitt and Indy are just a QB shy of being on the next tier though.

I do hand it to Pitt though for like you said, beating the teams they are supposed to beat. That says something by itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I agree. I think both Pitt and Indy are just a QB shy of being on the next tier though.

I do hand it to Pitt though for like you said, beating the teams they are supposed to beat. That says something by itself.

True. We can’t do that.

As much as I can’t stand Pitt, they’ve somehow managed to not collapse after Brown and Bell left and Ben got old. They need a better QB and another WR though to really compete

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Unless we played in the NFC east!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

True. We can’t do that.

As much as I can’t stand Pitt, they’ve somehow managed to not collapse after Brown and Bell left and Ben got old. They need a better QB and another WR though to really compete

Yup, losing a starting QB, RB, and WR, all of whom were "identity" type guys was a big hit. You have to hand it to their coaching staff even if the Ws and Ls look mediocre. If they make the playoffs, Tomlin deserves a hard look for CoY. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 11:21 AM, chad72 said:

Without getting too subjective about it, these are my observations.

The high floor Jacoby provides is why our record is what it is, middle of the pack, IMO, despite our starter retiring 2 weeks prior to the season starting. The low ceiling Jacoby provides is why we don't have much margin for error in close games to pull away from teams. 

More than Frank Reich, Eberflus' masterful job of managing the D has been a BIG part of us keeping games close and winning more of them than losing at this point. Frank Reich has been hampered by Jacoby's ceiling, no doubt about it but he is learning what Brissett and Hoyer can do, and cannot do as well, and his play calling has been hit and miss this year.

Ballard's good construction of the roster, from top to bottom. minus offensive injuries to Funchess, Campbell and Hilton that he could not have anticipated, is also a big reason why we have been competitive in pretty much every game. Defensive trenches and offensive skill positions are definitely areas that need upgrades, and we cannot address them all in a couple of drafts, so free agency will have to be embraced a bit this coming off season. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Go get some positive vibes in you and come back later!!! :) 

Spot on!!!

On 11/28/2019 at 9:27 AM, love the shoe said:

In the hunt is.not good enough.  Ok let's see what the ravens would be like without lamar. Their tight end and  ingram . 

On 11/28/2019 at 9:52 AM, love the shoe said:

Smh  tight end is a top position player for the ravens kinda like ty is for us . You cannot win with guys like Rodgers etc . My gosh he is not a quality reciever.  Look at philly same boat 

On 11/27/2019 at 8:34 PM, love the shoe said:

That is what I thought 15 views and no replies.  It is amazi.g we are still in the hunt guys 

On 11/27/2019 at 8:20 PM, love the shoe said:

Take any team you want and take away their starting qb . 3 receivers. 4 counting  te  now . Your starting rb and still be in the hunt playing close games.  Go ahead name one . I can Our colts . Name another one . I cant . 

giphy.gif

On 11/28/2019 at 9:52 AM, love the shoe said:

Smh  tight end is a top position player for the ravens kinda like ty is for us . You cannot win with guys like Rodgers etc . My gosh he is not a quality reciever.  Look at philly same boat 

The Texans have lost more than the Colts just this year.

They lost their 1st round pick Howard before the season started.

They lost Lamar Miller before the season.

They lost Fuller for several games this year. 

Clowney is gone.

They lost JJ Watt for the season. 

Every one of those players is a starter on the Colts with the exception of possibly Howard and that we cant say for sure. Other than TY and Desir we haven't lost a player that would start for the Texans.

On 11/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t remember a year where injuries to key players has been so many. If you take the Texans and take Watson, Fuller, Hopkins and stills off their team for as many games as our WR and QB has missed they are not winning. How good do you think Watson would be with pascal and Rogers as his one and two WR.  That isn’t even mentioning the amount of injuries we had earlier on defense. It’s amazing we are even where we are. 

Oh, we can go much lower...just wait for it.

21 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, losing a starting QB, RB, and WR, all of whom were "identity" type guys was a big hit. You have to hand it to their coaching staff even if the Ws and Ls look mediocre. If they make the playoffs, Tomlin deserves a hard look for CoY. 

Highly doubt Tomlin gets that. There have been several years we has almost coached them out of the playoff race, and the NFL doesn’t have a high opinion of him from what I can tell. But who knows

My bet is Sean Payton for CoY because of how he survived Brees’ absence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Highly doubt Tomlin gets that. There have been several years we has almost coached them out of the playoff race, and the NFL doesn’t have a high opinion of him from what I can tell. But who knows

My bet is Sean Payton for CoY because of how he survived Brees’ absence.

My only issue with Payton is that he had good skill players, and TBr is pretty decent. I think the turnover in talent at Pitt was far greater. Both are included by PatM below.

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

My only issue with Payton is that he had good skill players, and TBr is pretty decent. I think the turnover in talent at Pitt was far greater. Both are included by PatM below.

Interesting point. I just don’t see a coach of a mediocre team getting the award, whether they deserve it or not. Tomlin has done a good job this year, but they’re always looking at teams up at the top.

Honestly maybe BB should get it because of all the glue he’s had to use to keep Brady and the offense together this season lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Interesting point. I just don’t see a coach of a mediocre team getting the award, whether they deserve it or not. Tomlin has done a good job this year, but they’re always looking at teams up at the top.

Honestly maybe BB should get it because of all the glue he’s had to use to keep Brady and the offense together this season lol

CoY is always a wildcard. Part popularity, part luck, part XX... 

I'd probably go with Shanahan at this point, but I could make a case for several. 

BB is Coach of All Time... They should just give him that trophy and disqualify him from the yearlies. 

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

CoY is always a wildcard. Part popularity, part luck, part XX... 

I'd probably go with Shanahan at this point, but I could make a case for several. 

BB is Coach of All Time... They should just give him that trophy and disqualify him from the yearlies. 

Lol agree, as much as I can't stand the hoodie, he's the greatest football coach of all time, no question. I could definitely see Shanahan for CoY if the 49ers continue to make noise and make the NFCCG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Lol agree, as much as I can't stand the hoodie, he's the greatest football coach of all time, no question. I could definitely see Shanahan for CoY if the 49ers continue to make noise and make the NFCCG

Yeah, the hooded evil genius just needs to retire and go away lol. It's just unfair to the rest of the league. 

Shan gets it now, but I think they'll have a little late fall from grace and end up a 5 in the NFC. The way the schedule plays out, I can see Seattle taking their division. 

On 12/5/2019 at 8:23 PM, EastStreet said:

Yeah, the hooded evil genius just needs to retire and go away lol. It's just unfair to the rest of the league. 

Shan gets it now, but I think they'll have a little late fall from grace and end up a 5 in the NFC. The way the schedule plays out, I can see Seattle taking their division. 

Normally I’d be enraptured by the NFC playoff race, but this year I can’t seem to care. Sports have become such a drain on my life that I’m becoming apathetic, and I have a lot of others things that are way more important. I guess I’ll say that whoever wins that division is my pick to make the SB. 49ers really need the one seed, they need to stay warm and cozy in SF, a trip to Seattle, Minnesota, or Green Bay in December would kill them

On second thought I guess Minnesota doesn’t matter since they have a roof now. You get my point though

1 hour ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Normally I’d be enraptured by the NFC playoff race, but this year I can’t seem to care. Sports have become such a drain on my life that I’m becoming apathetic, and I have a lot of others things that are way more important. I guess I’ll say that whoever wins that division is my pick to make the SB. 49ers really need the one seed, they need to stay warm and cozy in SF, a trip to Seattle, Minnesota, or Green Bay in December would kill them

On second thought I guess Minnesota doesn’t matter since they have a roof now. You get my point though

I agree 100% on SF needing the 1 seed. Running and D does travel though, so I guess nothing would surprise me. Biggest question is simply can their QB win a big game if their D and running game can't do it on the road. 

I think both the NFC and AFC race will be interesting.

25 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agree 100% on SF needing the 1 seed. Running and D does travel though, so I guess nothing would surprise me. Biggest question is simply can their QB win a big game if their D and running game can't do it on the road. 

I think both the NFC and AFC race will be interesting.

I would say the answer to that is no. I don’t watch Jimmy G a whole lot, but from what I’ve seen he’s not a “carry the team” type of guy. I don’t think he’s bad, but he’s not gonna be tossing out any Aaron Rodgers Hail Marys

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

I would say the answer to that is no. I don’t watch Jimmy G a whole lot, but from what I’ve seen he’s not a “carry the team” type of guy. I don’t think he’s bad, but he’s not gonna be tossing out any Aaron Rodgers Hail Marys

He actually did pretty well vs Seattle, and had a really good game vs GB. He's been very capable at times, more than I thought to be honest. IMO he has improved over the season coming back from injury, so that's a positive.

You want an example of a team who has been consistently beat up and had significantly limited snaps for numerous starters, yet weathered the storm and are sitting pretty at the top of their division? The Kansas City Chiefs. 

All pro MVP QBs missed games and they brought in a guy who was retired to fill in for a few weeks and played quality football. Tyreek Hill has his suspension at the start of the year, arguably the best WR in the game for my money, on a pure talent standpoint that is. Sammy Watkins has missed time, Damien Williams has missed time. Their number one overall pick and LT missed half the year, and their two guards have missed a couple games each. Hardly the continuity that we’ve had on our trenches. 

And that doesn’t even get to the other side of the ball. They lost their cornerstones on the edge before the season in Ford and Houston (glad we got Houston, always liked that guy and he’s been the definition of solid), and they replaced them with Frank Clark and Alex Okafor, both downgrades who have missed a few games. Chris Jones, a certifiable stud in the middle of their defensive line has been banged up and missed a few games. Kendall Fuller, their best corner, missed a few games. 

Sorry y’all but using the ‘we lost our starter that the beginning of the year’ excuse is a cop out. He retired, it was unfortunate, but with all the high praises Brisket was receiving from Ballard and Reich, the contract extension, they were clearly expecting more. Losing Hilton for a few weeks was unfortunate, but hardly debilitating considering he’s been putting up the worst numbers of his career since he was a rookie. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why that may be. Brissett doesn’t make his progressions or try to stretch the deep to intermediate routes. 

Losing a rookie in Campbell doesn’t matter either. He was a rookie and the downgrade to Pascal has seemed to be an upgrade to me. Losing Funchess was quite simply an unknown. Could he have had a Calvin Johnson type year? Sure, but that’s not the smart bet. He was signed to play with Luck because he excelled at the routes that Luck excelled at throwing to. So we signed a guy for 13 million to play twenty snaps with the wrong QB. I just don’t think he would have made a bit of difference. The difference between losing Mack and giving the carries to Williams and Wilkins has not exactly broken the team either. Williams with two straight hundred yard games, can’t ask for better than that ina relief role. Losing Ebron is an addition by subtraction with the critical drops he had and the fact that him being on the field made the offense even more predictable than usual. 

Bottom line is, every team is beat up? I reckon with a QB that had any willingness to throw downfield and the accuracy to do so, this team would be fighting for the number one seed. 

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

He actually did pretty well vs Seattle, and had a really good game vs GB. He's been very capable at times, more than I thought to be honest. IMO he has improved over the season coming back from injury, so that's a positive.

Well that’s good for them. I never thought much of him but I really don’t watch the 49ers so take my opinion with a grain of salt

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 7:20 PM, love the shoe said:

Take any team you want and take away their starting qb . 3 receivers. 4 counting  te  now . Your starting rb and still be in the hunt playing close games.  Go ahead name one . I can Our colts . Name another one . I cant . 

K.  Got a question for u.  Name me the players moving forward who have inspired confidence in u as keepers moving forward?