Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The scary truth of the colts future

boo2202

Most of the post here is anti JB's performance, I included.  So, there must be some truth to this if they see what I see in terms of JB's play making abilities downfield which is non-existent majority of the times.  So, the truth is out there to recruit, lobby for a new signal caller...We can't simply win with JB and the play calling on Reich...

• Like 1

The future is bright. If we draft a new QB and they sit a year we will be fine if ballard picks the right guy. Mahomes won MVP his first year starting. Lamar is 22 and on his way to a MVP in his  full  year starting. As long as Ballard doesn’t pick the wrong guy we will be just fine. I am more worried about losing Eberflus very soon.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:33 PM, cbear said:

I disagree with 99% of the op's premise.  Other than that, I agree. 

I totally agree...with the exact opposite of what you just said. :thmup:

13 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

Voorhees has a pretty specific m.o.  Manhattan, space, and vs freddy withstanding......

I dont think colts wins enter into his victim selection much. 

If you can avoid being a horny teenage d@#chebag (possibly experimenting with grass) while at a rundown summercamp consisting solely of other horny teenage d-bags experimenting with grass, I think you'll be ok.......

I wouldn’t go out of my way to be on his list.

Although to be fair, have you seen some of those girls at those summer camps? If not for the threat of a machete to my head, I might bite lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The future is bright. If we draft a new QB and they sit a year we will be fine if ballard picks the right guy. Mahomes won MVP his first year starting. Lamar is 22 and on his way to a MVP in his  full  year starting. As long as Ballard doesn’t pick the wrong guy we will be just fine. I am more worried about losing Eberflus very soon.

I don’t think we’re really in that bad of a shape. Outside of QB and WR, when healthy we have a very good roster. Plus, Lamar looked like crap his first year. I and many people thought all he could do was run, but man he’s proven me wrong. At the end of the day, we can only sit back and watch, so my plan is to continue to do that.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 4:38 PM, boo2202 said:

Before I get into this let me say I’m a big fan of Ballard and Reich, none of this will be bashing what they’ve done.

Now here’s the scary truth. It may take a few years before they realize Brissett isn't the answer at QB, but there will be better days ahead for sure, just going take a little longer than we want to admit.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:34 PM, coltfaninnewyork said:

Nonsense this team is good ,the quarterback position is going to tell the story .

It all starts with the QB. This QB is the definition of mediocre. I said it since the very beginning of the season. Game manager QB. Look at our record. The definition of mediocre. Time for the Colts brass to make some big decisions soon. The future is not Brissett.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Colts struggled with a horrible OL. Finally got it right then #12 bowed out. So when the OL personnel get new contracts they will be highly paid people protecting ...who? All that icing but no cake. This will be the biggest test for the GM.

Wouldn't it be all that cake but no icing?

4 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I respectfully disagree. The final part of the cake is the icing, which in this case, would be a good QB.

Hey mods, can we get a baking section for the forum, please?

Who would eat a bowl of icing?! "Let them eat cake"-Marie Antoinette

On 11/26/2019 at 1:32 PM, coltsva said:

I see the team entirely different.

Safety - solid with young depth

CB - solid with young depth

LB - solid with young depth

DE - solid (but aging) with young depth, could use a young "Sheard like" player.

DT - need upgrade and depth

OLine - strong with some depth (Haeg & Andrews). Upgrade RG, or sign/draft RT and slide Smith over to RG. Glowinski as depth is fine.

TE - could use an upgrade.

WR - This is a tough one. Our #1,#2,#3 have missed a ton of games. Add in Fountain, and 4 of our projected 6 WR's have either missed all, most, or a good part of the season.

RB's - we are solid with depth

QB - After 11 weeks, my opinion is JB is not the long term answer, but I'm not qualified to make that statement definitively.  However,  I am sure that Ballard and Reich already know this answer.

P - Good enough

K - need upgrade

Agreed! I think our offense is our biggest concern right now. They struggled to produce outside the rushing attack. The defense kept us in most games all year. Get the defense a couple more spots and focus  mostly on offense in the draft is my hope. Not at all sure what to do about QB though. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 8:44 AM, Chloe6124 said:

Picking the right guy, not like that’s easy to do. Manning and luck fell into our laps. Ballard will be tasked with a much tougher road. Will be picking in the mid teens this year and we all know how much Ballard treasures those so called swings. He’ll be in a dilemma this offseason or next rather to trade some picks to move up and select a QB or stay put and hope you hit on your second or third guy.

23 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Picking the right guy, not like that’s easy to do. Manning and luck fell into our laps. Ballard will be tasked with a much tougher road. Will be picking in the mid teens this year and we all know how much Ballard treasures those so called swings. He’ll be in a dilemma this offseason or next rather to trade some picks to move up and select a QB or stay put and hope you hit on your second or third guy.

We might not have  to trade  up for a QB.

1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

Agreed! I think our offense is our biggest concern right now. They struggled to produce outside the rushing attack. The defense kept us in most games all year. Get the defense a couple more spots and focus  mostly on offense in the draft is my hope. Not at all sure what to do about QB though. 

It will be interesting if we can keep Sheard with the offense having to have a major overhaul. Eberflus might be gone too.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:05 PM, coltsfan_canada said:

I think you are wrong about future. We are 6-5 with missing FGs, and missing QB for 2 game, and WR missing a lot of games, and TE who is #1 in drops. We have the most cash available to spend in the FA, and good drafts don't forget WASHINGTON Rd 2. Based on CB draft track record, I am happy where we are given the situation where we could be with out QB retiring in preseason. 

I some what agree, Fact is every team in the league face or have faced the exact same thing you said every season. So to me,thats not really the difference maker. What I do  believe what you said is we have a ton of cap space and the colts need to use it now, not in the next 5 years. Older fans like myself are dying every year and can not wait 5 years or longer. Get it done today,not tomorrow.I've a colts fan for 56 years now since I've been 8 years old and 2 only rings in all that time is totally unacceptable,for any team. Esp. considering we have Manning for what 13 of those years and only 1 ring. That really stinks.  

Just now, conklincolt said:

I some what agree with what you said, fact is every team in the league face or have faced the exact same thing you said every season. So to me,thats not really the difference maker. What I do  believe what you said is we have a ton of cap space and the colts need to use it now, not in the next 5 years. Older fans like myself are dying every year and can not wait 5 years or longer. Get it done today,not tomorrow.I've  been a colts fan for 56 years now since I've been 8 years old, and 2 only rings in all that time is totally unacceptable,for any team. Esp. considering we had Manning for what, 13 of those years and only 1 ring. That really stinks.  

1 hour ago, boo2202 said:

Anybody want to retract their comments from this post yet??? This team is a long ways from going anywhere. If you think otherwise, please have your eyes checked. 

A good  qb would fix 90 percent  of the problems from  tonight.

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Good qb wouldn’t stop Brees from shredding the defense. Need almost 6 new players back there

Substaining an offensive  drive would as the defense  would be fresh. Not to mention  the defense  would play harder if the offense  was actually  pulling  its  weight.

That's why I'm in favor of waiting on a QB this year. I'm not in love with this class outside of Burrow and I really dont get the Love hype. 

This is the year I'd spend some money in FA. Go after some young skill players that can help now. Amari Cooper, Hunter Henry, Austin Hooper, Derrick Henry (unlikely), Kenyan Drake (or DJ depending on what AZ does), Eckler or Gordon. 

Then continue to build the team through the draft and go all in for Lawrence or Fields in 2021. 

The scarier thing about our season and future is the complete free fall weve been in for 2 months now with no sign of stopping. 6-8 wouldn't feel so bad all things considered if we weren't teased with the thought of being a good football team early in the year. Boy how things can change in a hurry in the NFL.

Reich's quote during the game last night that Brissett is my guy and we won't be drafting a Qb was a totally depressing thing to hear. Blind allegiance from him and Ballard will get them both fired eventually. Brissett may be a good company man, fine in the locker room, etc but it is what you do on the field that produces wins. How long before scatter gun, innacurate throws from Brissett turn the wrs against him? Or the defense is mad about always being on the field or we arent scoring points so they almost have to pitch a shutout? Or players start to question so called leadership for not replacing Vinatieri or the way that Ebron quit on the Colts?

• Like 1