Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The scary truth of the colts future

boo2202

The Colts need a QB and a another WR on offense and the offense will be fine.  They will probably be forced another tightend but it will be a backup.  An upgrade at right guard would be nice but it’s not a huge need.

On defense they need a playmaker in the middle and in the secondary.  Turey was showing promise at the other pass rushing spot before getting hurt so I am not overly concerned there.   

2 hours ago, ColtsAC said:

Reich's quote during the game last night that Brissett is my guy and we won't be drafting a Qb was a totally depressing thing to hear. Blind allegiance from him and Ballard will get them both fired eventually. Brissett may be a good company man, fine in the locker room, etc but it is what you do on the field that produces wins. How long before scatter gun, innacurate throws from Brissett turn the wrs against him? Or the defense is mad about always being on the field or we arent scoring points so they almost have to pitch a shutout? Or players start to question so called leadership for not replacing Vinatieri or the way that Ebron quit on the Colts?

I didn't listen to the presser. He said the team wouldn't be drafting a QB after a game? That's strange on multiple levels and I hope he's wrong (is aware of the issues with JB), or as you say, this will get everyone fired if it goes on too much longer (ie, next year doing this again, with no plan to fix the problem).

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I didn't listen to the presser. He said the team wouldn't be drafting a QB after a game? That's strange on multiple levels and I hope he's wrong (is aware of the issues with JB), or as you say, this will get everyone fired if it goes on too much longer (ie, next year doing this again, with no plan to fix the problem).

it was said during the MNF football broadcast, during the game, in about the 3rd qtr if I remember right. Booger, I think was quoting Reich...and they were showing the quote in type on the screen.

1 minute ago, ColtsAC said:

it was said during the MNF football broadcast, during the game, in about the 3rd qtr if I remember right. Booger, I think was quoting Reich...and they were showing the quote in type on the screen.

that doesnt mean much he was probably asked a question and gave a coach speak answer

you dont see many head coaches saying we are definitely going to take a QB in the draft while the season is still going 

By the way, I agree with poster Peter Bowman, we do need a qb bad, but just drafting one to draft one isn't the answer...if they don't see real talent in the draftee, don't go there...trade Brissett and salary offset for Foles (a Super Bowl winning qb under Reich), hope Jamesis stupidly becomes a free agent and coach him up....look at all the options....just don't blindly stick with a qb who in two seasons hasn't really improved.

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

that doesnt mean much he was probably asked a question and gave a coach speak answer

you dont see many head coaches saying we are definitely going to take a QB in the draft while the season is still going 

I sure hope you're right...it could be coach speak. 

1 hour ago, ColtsAC said:

I’m sure the stadium will be pretty empty on Sunday.  I will be out of town that day but I probably would sit it out anyway. I’m trying to sell my tickets and even below face value no one is buying. 

To piggy back on ColtsAC about the announcer saying JB is Reich's QB moving fwd, I believe it was Coach's presser not to admit the truth on the air not hurt JB's feelings, b/c I heard it too.. The fact of the matter is that we in all honesty that 98% in this forum agree we definitely need a QB as in month ago or so.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:30 PM, IndyD4U said:

Did I slip into a coma and miss a couple of years? 

We've been in the middle of a rebuild for 2 years now, with a couple more years to go.

Luck retiring may have pushed us back a year.

We were never going to be contenders with or without Luck

I disagree...  This would have been the strongest team Luck ever played with had he not retired.

• Like 1

look, if you don't have your lines figured out, it's cart before the horse.  so many parts of the game hinge on good D-line play and good O-line play.....Until those are completely fleshed out, nothing good will come, they will be putting band-aids in critical areas compromising other critical areas.  O-line, D-line  --->> Come quick with these needs in a big way, then move to the next broken component, like secondary and special teams.  a lot to fix, a TON to fix, a plethora of draft picks and free agents.  But , it's all way off in the distance.  Lots of football still to be played and Colts fans like me to grit my teeth and bear it and continue to try to watch teams that shouldn't have been better than us move their way toward playoff stardom.  Starting to feel a little ill so I'm going to stop right here. Lord help our Colts.

• Like 1