Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have waived WR Deon Cain (and more)

MTC

Cain will probably end up back on the practice squad. I doubt anyone takes him since he hadn’t showed anything.

lets hope TY and DF can go next week and JB Gets healthy.

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

hopefully cain goes to the PS I dont think his struggles were all on him JB straight up ignores him 90% of the time or throws terrible throws when he does see him.

JB is out sunday according to the colts app

His route running is bad. You can’t rely on just your speed in the nfl. That’s why he was a sixth round pick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Cain will probably end up back on the practice squad. I doubt anyone takes him since he hadn’t showed anything.

lets hope TY and DF can go next week and JB Gets healthy.

His route running is bad. You can’t rely on just your speed in the nfl. That’s why he was a sixth round pick.

he has been open numerous times and your boy just ignores him or throws a horrible pass 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

he has been open numerous times and your boy just ignores him or throws a horrible pass 

I don't think think JB ignores him intentionally, it's more likely Cain is the 3rd or 4th read so JB never gets to him in his progressions.

Edit: Cain also hasn't helped himself either and needs to drastically improve his route running.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Lucky1 said:

What does this say about Cain, who gets cut when we are so thin at WR? And I'm not sure why wr don't start Kelly in this situation. We know what we have with Hoyer, he is not the long term solution. Why not give the kid a shot?

Omg stop with the Kelly stuff. We can’t lose this game and we have no idea what Kelly can do. That’s is a dumb comment. Hoyer is a veteran who had won games in this league.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lucky1 said:

What does this say about Cain, who gets cut when we are so thin at WR? And I'm not sure why wr don't start Kelly in this situation. We know what we have with Hoyer, he is not the long term solution. Why not give the kid a shot?

It says a lot. It says Cain has a lot of developing to do and this is not on JB. If you are cutting him for a practice squad guy there’s there is something wrong.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we will still win this game IMO, the team probably figures it is real important that JB is 100% for the stretch run. I just hope Hoyer doesn't get turnover happy. We need to run the ball a lot and Hoyer needs to play mistake free.

INT are really the only thing I am worried about. We are so much better in the trenches and on defense. Having Howard out for the dolphins is a blessing in disguise. We need to stick to the game plan and run the ball. The good thing is he had a good chemistry going with pascal last week.

16 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

I don't think think JB ignores him intentionally, it's more likely Cain is the 3rd or 4th read so JB never gets to him in his progressions.

Edit: Cain also hasn't helped himself either and needs to drastically improve his route running.

true he just sucks at going through progressions that's a big problem 

27 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

hopefully cain goes to the PS I dont think his struggles were all on him JB straight up ignores him 90% of the time or throws terrible throws when he does see him.

JB is out sunday according to the colts app

been saying this every time i see someone come @ Cain he’s been getting open Jb just doesn’t read and when he does throw it’s a bad throw or it’s pass interference on the defender for failing to keep up with Cain.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Omg stop with the Kelly stuff. We can’t lose this game and we have no idea what Kelly can do. That’s is a dumb comment. Hoyer is a veteran who had won games in this league.

First of all miss "mood swing" this is the first comment I have ever made about Chad Kelly. You are literally the king of dumb knee jerk reaction comments. This is going to be the most conservative game we call all year, so give the kid a shot. What has Brian Hoyer done in his career? Besides throw a pick 6 last week that cost us the game? He literally could have hiked the ball and ran as fast as he could in the opposite direction on that play and we wouldn't be taking about if the laces cost us the game last week. Give me a break.

3 minutes ago, will426 said:

been saying this every time i see someone come @ Cain he’s been getting open Jb just doesn’t read and when he does throw it’s a bad throw or it’s pass interference on the defender for failing to keep up with Cain.. 

If that was the case they wouldn’t of waived him.  They clearly don’t see it like that. If that’s what they thought they would of seen what hoyer could do with him. Last week hoyer didn’t even pass to him.

• Like 1