Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have waived WR Deon Cain (and more)

MTC

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should be fine, then JB will be back at 100% vs the Jags while TY and Funch are getting close. If we win tomorrow we will be 6-3 and in 1st place in the South and everyone is getting healthy.

I am still hoping we get TY and DF back against the jags. Ira going to be important to see both on the practice field next week. As far as DF is he is back practicing and looks good I think he will go. TY had no boot on in the locker room after practice and looked like he was getting around good playing corn hole with the guys. Jags defense is tough. With foles back and then having a bye that team scares me.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am still hoping we get TY and DF back against the jags. Ira going to be important to see both on the practice field next week. As far as DF is he is back practicing and looks good I think he will go. TY had no boot on in the locker room after practice and looked like he was getting around good playing corn hole with the guys. Jags defense is tough. With foles back and then having a bye that team scares me.

At least that little pest Ramsey is gone lmao 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

go look at the JB threads there has been numerous pictures of JB just straight up not seeing wide open players.

Well,  go get them and then provide the route progression.    Was he put off the progression because of pass rush.   Instead of just saying things are facts,   show us. 

5 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

This is why you don't build your WR group mostly out of prospects. When one doesn't pan out, you are left with a very weak group. 

What contender has a lot of draft Capitol and free agents as wideouts?

1 hour ago, CanuckColt said:

A dangerous move in this 2nd half of the season.

If Brissett or Hoyer get hurt and Kelly is gone, Ballard will have a lot of explaining to do...the Colts will be left with some backup who is unfamiliar with the system and players and probably less talented.

Any team could have claimed him for many weeks.   They didn't

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Well,  go get them and then provide the route progression.    Was he put off the progression because of pass rush.   Instead of just saying things are facts,   show us. 

I'm not digging for them I seen them already I don't need the proof everyone else seems to 

49 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

LOL.. there have been plenty of examples of wide open TEs and WRs that JB missed.

There is no arguing the following...

1) JB struggles to get beyond the initial read even though he has a high TTT

2) JB's locks in and forces it to TY a LOT

3) JB misses a lot of open WRs and TEs. See all 22

4) JB does rarely goes long....

It's not just a Cain issues, it's impacting all the pass catchers not named TY.

And go find the information already posted. Nobody needs to serve it up to you. Several have went through the painstaking effort to provide play by play read outs, screen shots, and stats. You often present your opinion as facts without a whiff of supporting stat. 

As far as Cain goes, he sheet the bed a few times when he did have good targets, and that's his fault. He's also been bounced around from X to Z back to X and back to Z again, which is not his fault. He's also got some horrible targets from JB (see 2 horrible back shoulder and two other turd throws in one game). ON top of that, bad passes into coverage (one at least severely under thrown) which both ended up as PI because Cain fought to get it. 

Hope JB gets better, but you don't need to bag on anyone and everything that is a threat to your guy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hoyer played well enough that the Colts should have won.   The Colts made lots of mistakes.  Most had little to do with Hoyer.    We still could have easily won despite Hoyer’s one bad throw.   

but it is true that I was very disappointed in Hoyer as a traditional game manager.  You just got that sense that you never have wit Brissett that the team wasn't quite all pulling in the same direction, especially with the mistakes on the defensive end of the game and the relative lack of discipline.

That really should be one of Hoyer's key areas, but that goes to something we can't track easily on the scout sheet -- the team just doesn't know brian Hoyer as well as they know Jacoby Brissett, and it makes a difference in a million subtle ways.

Losing the center matters more than some fans think as well.  Ryan Kelly is a literally and figuratively huge member of the team.  Centers are like catchers in baseball -- a good one is way, way more than the sum of their parts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

but it is true that I was very disappointed in Hoyer as a traditional game manager.  You just got that sense that you never have wit Brissett that the team wasn't quite all pulling in the same direction, especially with the mistakes on the defensive end of the game and the relative lack of discipline.

That really should be one of Hoyer's key areas, but that goes to something we can't track easily on the scout sheet -- the team just doesn't know brian Hoyer as well as they know Jacoby Brissett, and it makes a difference in a million subtle ways.

Losing the center matters more than some fans think as well.  Ryan Kelly is a literally and figuratively huge member of the team.  Centers are like catchers in baseball -- a good one is way, way more than the sum of their parts.

What the....     Heck?!?

The team plays a bad game in all three phases and you chalk it all up to Hoyer was a good game manager and the team wasn’t pulling in the same direction?

Holy Cow!!

Sorry...    can’t help you.   I think that’s a YOU problem and I didn’t read that anywhere else.   I don’t even know how you arrived at that conclusion?   And you explained yourself and I’m still confused.  

I thought Hoyer was pretty darn good.   One bad pass?  I think Reich and Ballard would take Hoyer’s performance any time.   Not sure you can expect much more from a back up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If that was the case they wouldn’t of waived him.  They clearly don’t see it like that. If that’s what they thought they would of seen what hoyer could do with him. Last week hoyer didn’t even pass to him.

i mean if you wanna be serious everyone after pascal and hilton are pretty much nonexistent so maybe they should be cut lol

15 minutes ago, will426 said:

i mean if you wanna be serious everyone after pascal and hilton are pretty much nonexistent so maybe they should be cut lol

And Pacal only existed to JB in 2 games, during the Oakland game when TY was out, and during the Houston game when TY was doubled and tripled. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

And Pacal only existed to JB in 2 games, during the Oakland game when TY was out, and during the Houston game when TY was doubled and tripled. 

And let's not forget the Falcons game.    Zack made the two biggest catches of the game.

One was a key touchdown,  the other was a key first down on 4th and 2....

There was a good discussion thread afterwards....

Sorry,  but facts matter.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And let's not forget the Falcons game.    Zack made the two biggest catches of the game.

One was a key touchdown,  the other was a key first down on 4th and 2....

There was a good discussion thread afterwards....

Sorry,  but facts matter.

yup, and the facts are,

1) TY was out the second half of the ATL game (goes with my earlier point)

2) Pascal was invisible for the majority of the game to JB, and only got a couple targets. IIRC, at least one, if not both, were broken type plays and/or blown coverage.

so really not a great example of WRs being visible to JB in a typical situations

sorry, but you left some fact out

13 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I will take the word of guys with NFL experience over a mob of fans everyday

that’s nice because words of guys with experience also amount to the same nonsense They do what we do as well make judgements on what they see and from what i’ve seen this offense is being slightly hindered because someone can’t properly go through reads on a consistent basis..i mean there’s video footage of a lot of our receivers beating coverage or about to break open and what do you know they don’t get a pass sometimes so i guess that means they all suck lol 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

yup, and the facts are,

2) Pascal was invisible for the majority of the game to JB, and only got a couple targets. IIRC, at least one, if not both, were broken type plays and/or blown coverage.

so really not a great example of WRs being visible to JB in a typical situations

Factsssss i mean i love our Qb just like i loved Luck but we need to not blame the receivers if they’re getting open and not getting targets..i understand if they’re dropping em  once open but sheesh some of these intermediate/Deep routes  that are ran are open or 1 on 1 but jb won’t take a shot..it’s just how like early in lucks career he would constantly refuse to take the easy throw he’d launch it lmao  there’s enough blame to go around 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

yup, and the facts are,

Abd thete us the difference....   you see JB didn’t see him.

What I see is those two plays were a big part of the game plan.   And not looking Pascal’s way was part of the plan all along.  He was mostly a blocker and a decoy until he wasn’t.   Reich’s planning worked to perfection.

You'll never acknowledge this...  that would require you to recognize Reich as a good play caller and strategist.    And we all know you’d rather gargle with battery acid than admit you were ever wrong.   Those are facts too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Abd thete us the difference....   you see JB didn’t see him.

What I see is those two plays were a big part of the game plan.   And not looking Pascal’s way was part of the plan all along.  He was mostly a blocker and a decoy until he wasn’t.   Reich’s planning worked to perfection.

You'll never acknowledge this...  that would require you to recognize Reich as a good play caller and strategist.    And we all know you’d rather gargle with battery acid than admit you were ever wrong.   Those are facts too. 

lol..... When WRs and TEs block, they are not downfield and open....

So all WRs that are open and missed are just a part of the game plan. Not seeing Pascal or the other TEs and WRs when they are open is on purpose. I'm sure Reich would roll his eyes on this lolllllllll.

That's some good stuff. This is the definition either of an apologist, or someone that hates being wrong and will spin whatever silly narrative to try and explain stuff away. Just admit it that you were looking for an example (ATL) to counter my post, and didn't know enough to realize TY was out the second half (proving my point), and the plays were broken.

Can't get any funnier.

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

lol..... When WRs and TEs block, they are not downfield and open....

So all WRs that are open and missed are just a part of the game plan. Not seeing Pascal or the other TEs and WRs when they are open is on purpose. I'm sure Reich would roll his eyes on this lolllllllll.

That's some good stuff. This is the definition either of an apologist, or someone that hates being wrong and will spin whatever silly narrative to try and explain stuff away. Just admit it that you were looking for an example (ATL) to counter my post, and didn't know enough to realize TY was out the second half (proving my point), and the plays were broken.

Can't get any funnier.

Your sense of humor is always curious...    if you saw the game, always in doubt with you,  you’d know that those two plays were in the script for that week.    You’d know that Pascal  was mostly a decoy when he played.   Didn’t want to draw too much attention to Pascal so that the Falcons would pay more attention to him.   Atlanta was totally fooled on both plays.    If you saw the game, you’d know.   Or maybe not? 

Funny how Pascal has a good game and you manage to spin it negative.  Par for the course for you.   If you don’t like someone, whether it’s Pascal or Brissett, or Reich,   there’s no amount of spinning you won’t do,  even if it means trying to turn a positive into a negative. 

Keep spinning.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your sense of humor is always curious...    if you saw the game, always in doubt with you,  you’d know that those two plays were in the script for that week.    You’d know that Pascal  was mostly a decoy when he played.   Didn’t want to draw too much attention to Pascal so that the Falcons would pay more attention to him.   Atlanta was totally fooled on both plays.    If you saw the game, you’d know.   Or maybe not? 

Funny how Pascal has a good game and you manage to spin it negative.  Par for the course for you.   If you don’t like someone, whether it’s Pascal or Brissett, or Reich,   there’s no amount of spinning you won’t do,  even if it means trying to turn a positive into a negative. 

Keep spinning.... 

I love Pascal..... this conversation is about Brissett not seeing him...

I watch every game so long as I'm not in the air/travelling. I even rewatch a decent amount of games. I've posted rewatch play break downs, stats, etc. I've seen every game this year, and rewatched 4-5. But you know that based on what I've posted. 

Keep trolling. Keep spinning. You're best contributions are "if you think you know more than Reich/Ballard", silly personal rhetoric, and other anecdotal lazy stuff.... Keep being you lol... 

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I love Pascal..... this conversation is about Brissett not seeing him...

I watch every game so long as I'm not in the air/travelling. I even rewatch a decent amount of games. I've posted rewatch play break downs, stats, etc. I've seen every game this year, and rewatched 4-5. But you know that based on what I've posted. 

Keep trolling. Keep spinning. You're best contributions are "if you think you know more than Reich/Ballard", silly personal rhetoric, and other anecdotal lazy stuff.... Keep being you lol... 

Only you would call “thinking you know more than Reich/Ballard” silly personal rhetoric.    Because you know it closes down some of the sillier posts that are made.   And you’d know this because you’ve made some of those silly posts.   You’re dismissive of anything you don’t agree with.

Everyone is entitled to your opinion.  

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Kelly isn’t starting.    He’s not ready.   And one bad throw from Hoyer last week isn’t the reason why the Colts lost.  On balance, Hoyer played well.

You're right on all counts. Thing is, we know what Hoyer is at his best..a 4 / 10 QB (or pick whatever number you like he's sub par on balance).  I think of all of  the people, including myself, that see some real upside in Kelly this seems like a perfect opportunity.  His talent may not materialize, I understand that, but this is exactly the kind of game (at home, feature the run, not amazing opponent) where we could find out about the kid.  To be honest, I really like this team but I fear we'll be an average playoff team which doesn't make me all gooey inside.  This, for me, could just be a tale of curiosity killed the cat, I understand that, but to be honest, I'm super curious! :)  Go Colts!!!!

Here's the thing, IMO:

Brissett is the Colts starting QB for the remainder of this season.

Hoyer is the Colts backup QB for the remainder of this season.

The Colts like Kelly and don't want to lose him. Getting him significant time today only serves to showcase his ability and makes him more susceptible to be claimed the next time they try to get him through waivers and back on the practice squad.

The only way Kelly gets time is if Hoyer gets hurt. Should that happen early in the game and Kelly comes in and looks real good, the Colts may have to carry 3 QB's the rest of the season, which would hurt depth at another position and/or special teams. That would not be good.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Here's the thing, IMO:

Brissett is the Colts starting QB for the remainder of this season.

Hoyer is the Colts backup QB for the remainder of this season.

The Colts like Kelly and don't want to lose him. Getting him significant time today only serves to showcase his ability and makes him more susceptible to be claimed the next time they try to get him through waivers and back on the practice squad.

The only way Kelly gets time is if Hoyer gets hurt. Should that happen early in the game and Kelly comes in and looks real good, the Colts may have to carry 3 QB's the rest of the season, which would hurt depth at another position and/or special teams. That would not be good.

That's an interesting point, the allure of his potential is a bit intoxicating.

Watch Hoyer get injured in the 1st Qtr and Chad Kelly come in and throw for 300 yards, 3 TD's, and no INT's lmao . The people in this forum that love Chad would have a 20 page thread again about him. If that did happen I would be happy as long as we win but no matter what happens I still think JB deserves to be the starter the rest of the year. He's earned it IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watch Hoyer get injured in the 1st Qtr and Chad Kelly come in and throw for 300 yards, 3 TD's, and no INT's lmao . The people in this forum that love Chad would have a 20 page thread again about him. If that did happen I would be happy as long as we win but no matter what happens I still think JB deserves to be the starter the rest of the year. He's earned it IMO.

There is no doubt, I feel partially responsible that there's become a groundswell of Kelly fandom. That's probably not fair to him either because the failure boomerangs doesn't it?

The only big idea that matters is the Colts have the best possible version of themselves on the field.  The old saying used to be the most popular guy on the team is the back up QB.  That seems to be manifesting itself here, we shouldn't let it become a negative, which for some it is, and for others he's the next big thing which very well may not end up being true. 

Perhaps losing Andrew suddenly gave us a savior complex.  Nevertheless, we all want the same thing, Colts win.  I don't see a purpose for beating each other up on the forums over the idea that Kelly MIGHT be good.  I guess the assumption insinuates we think Brissett isn't and that's just not true, he's doing well.  Maybe it's better too root for Kelly than to discuss some eventual return of Luck.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I'm super curious! 

I would put myself in this category as well

I WOULD like to see what CK can do.

But.....

I am NOT in the camp that says start him over JB....... (at least not this year)

JB is STILL growing and hopefully keeps getting better.

But......  I am an impatient sort, and do believe that we need a bit more explosiveness to our offense......  I hope that JB can get us there........  BUT.... he hasnt proven that yet IMHO

I think Hoyer did a good job last week

(everything that was expected of a backup QB)

He is a backup however, and his "best" will to be to not lose you games ...... he didnt lose the Pitt game.  He looked good enough ....... and/but.......We are his 8th team.

He was NEVER brought in to be the final starter.... he is a relief pitcher at best

If we are up by 14 in the 2nd half......  I'd throw CK in the game.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would put myself in this category as well

I WOULD like to see what CK can do.

But.....

I am NOT in the camp that says start him over JB....... (at least not this year)

JB is STILL growing and hopefully keeps getting better.

But......  I am an impatient sort, and do believe that we need a bit more explosiveness to our offense......  I hope that JB can get us there........  BUT.... he hasnt proven that yet IMHO

I think Hoyer did a good job last week

(everything that was expected of a backup QB)

He is a backup however, and his "best" will to be to not lose you games ...... he didnt lose the Pitt game.  He looked good enough ....... and.......We are his 8th team.

If we are up by 14 in the 2nd half......  I'd throw CK in the game.......

I'm with ya.

32 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Thats a great point......  If Kelly were to somehow come in to the game and light it up, when we want to put back on PS.......  he MAY be grabbed......

3 QB......on active roster, rest of year????

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

stampede blue did just that, pff has too but its pay walled 

To be fair, Chad Kelly is a better talent than JB. It isnt ludicrous to want to see if he can take that talent to the next level. 

I'm not a big chad kelly supporter. I am however rooting for him to keep his % together. If he can do that through JBs contract and JB doesn't show any more improvement from now until then, I would be fine with seeing what chad can do for the Colts. 

If Chad was here since 2017, was a locker room presence, and stayed out of trouble from 2017 until now, he would be the Colts start simply because hes just more talented than JB is. You guys can sit here and laugh at people for wanting him to start over JB NOW, but you would be a fool if you didnt think he has more talent than JB. 

I understand that JB has earned this chance. And he deserves to start. He has all the things in line to be a great leader. But stop mocking people for seeing that Chad has more talent than JB. He simply does and if you cant see that, you dont know football. 

It would seem a lot of you are biased against chad simply because you're sick of hearing other people say he should start over JB, and that's just not a sound judgement. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

To be fair, Chad Kelly is a better talent than JB. It isnt ludicrous to want to see if he can take that talent to the next level. 

I'm not a big chad kelly supporter. I am however rooting for him to keep his % together. If he can do that through JBs contract and JB doesn't show any more improvement from now until then, I would be fine with seeing what chad can do for the Colts. 

If Chad was here since 2017, was a locker room presence, and stayed out of trouble from 2017 until now, he would be the Colts start simply because hes just more talented than JB is. You guys can sit here and laugh at people for wanting him to start over JB NOW, but you would be a fool if you didnt think he has more talent than JB. 

I understand that JB has earned this chance. And he deserves to start. He has all the things in line to be a great leader. But stop mocking people for seeing that Chad has more talent than JB. He simply does and if you cant see that, you dont know football. 

It would seem a lot of you are biased against chad simply because you're sick of hearing other people say he should start over JB, and that's just not a sound judgement. 

Chad is more talented than JB but talent isn't everything. JB is showing to be a leader, his teammates respect him. When that happens the team around you gives 100%, they want to win for you. Jeff George was one of the most talented QB's I have ever seen and he stunk because he wasn't a leader nor could he read defenses. His teammates couldn't stand him either because he was arrogant.

If Chad came in and won over the team like JB has and his play on the field resulted in wins than I would praise him and be happy. I just want to win like I said.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chad is more talented than JB but talent isn't everything. JB is showing to be a leader, his teammates respect him. When that happens the team around you gives 100%, they want to win for you. Jeff George was one of the most talented QB's I have ever seen and he stunk because he wasn't a leader nor could he read defenses. His teammates couldn't stand him either because he was arrogant.

If Chad came in and won over the team like JB has and his play on the field resulted in wins than I would praise him and be happy. I just want to win like I said.

I completely agree. Chad hasn't shown to be a team player, and the locker room has little to say if anything at all about Chad Kelly. 

But that was kind of my point. If Kelly had established himself and built relationships with his team like JB has done, then Chad would be starting because hes the better talented QB. I'm not in the Chad Kelly camp. I have several posts praising JB as an elite level leader. But I'm not going to lie. Chad has many gifts and they all surround the position of the QB. Hes just a horrendous leader, which can kill the most talented of teams. 

I'm just saying it's not crazy of these other fans to think that Chad could take us to much taller heights than JB can. While chad could indeed do that, he could also crumble under the pressure and become another embarrassment to this football team. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Keep spinning.... 

Yep that is what he always does. He can never give credit to someone when they do something good. He always spins it into a negative a reason why they did something good. 

As far as cain everyone talks about how they see him open. Does everyone ever stop and think he ran the wrong route and that wasn’t where he was supposed to be there for the QB wasn’t looking that way.

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

yup, and the facts are,

Do you ever stop and think Zach’s job was to block and he wasn’t part of the passing game plan to start the season.  Then when he had the game against Atlanta and TY went out he showed what he can do and since then they have made him the focal point of the offense. Get over it Denver has a great secondary. We weren’t going to do much in the passing game.