Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We lack a killer instinct

Restinpeacesweetchloe

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

What I want to know is, why did it take Elberflus 3 ENTIRE QUARTERS to figure out that the RB pass was absolutely destroying the defense before he made any adjustment???

Or to get Autry out of there. He was totally mauled, dominated.
   And we are wasting time with Cain. He fools no one with his moves or footwork.   And his and Rogers drops were bad.
  And they are asking Doyle to block some matchups that he just can't handle.
   And i am wondering about our o-line coach.
And let's root for our Colts to come back strong next game.  :1colts:

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Having mental mistakes like yesterday did not have to do with talent.   Rudolph had a 26 QBR. Steelers in no way should of had this game close. There is something missing. Reich is a great coach but is he missing something in getting these guys ready for games. Especially teams that we are better then? That’s what I am asking.  Like the above post said it’s hard to put your finger on. We were moving the ball at will yesterday so it clearly was mental and not talent. We find ways to make mistakes to let inferior teams stay in the game. I feel bad for the defense yesterday. 

Mental mistakes no equates to no killer instinct and the coach not getting guys ready for games?

Also the mental aspect of the game is major part that determines talent, they even have a term for it... field awareness, football smarts.  But you are the one that said the team lacks a killer instinct and now you are changing it to mental mistakes.

yes the team is young they will have mental mistakes.  Having your kicker leave points on the field on a consistent basis does not help either.  But the original point was ludicrous and the "inferior teams" comments is pretty bad as well.

1.)  The Colts are moving in the right direction but as of right now they are just a good football team.  There are really no "inferior teams" to them.

2.)  You are the same person that wanted the Colts to forfeit the Chiefs game because they did not have a chance to win.  So, do you think the team is "talented" or not?

Outside of that, I will read anything you post in response, but I'm done with this thread, this type of nonsense gives me a headache.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tonights loss was not really a talent issue. What do we have to do to develop that killer instinct. Despite the injuries we should of blown them out the first half.

So what needs to change to develop that killer instinct to just put teams away? Does Reich need to approach game day different? I am dumbfounded by this. Despite no TY and no JB our offense still dominated. Steelers are a bad team.

I'm sorry.....

But wasn't it YOU who scolded members here about their over-reactions to the loss?

I'm pretty sure it was. 

And now you write this?

Your post is pure nonsense and a terrible over-reaction.

40 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Mental mistakes no equates to no killer instinct and the coach not getting guys ready for games?

Also the mental aspect of the game is major part that determines talent, they even have a term for it... field awareness, football smarts.  But you are the one that said the team lacks a killer instinct and now you are changing it to mental mistakes.

yes the team is young they will have mental mistakes.  Having your kicker leave points on the field on a consistent basis does not help either.  But the original point was ludicrous and the "inferior teams" comments is pretty bad as well.

1.)  The Colts are moving in the right direction but as of right now they are just a good football team.  There are really no "inferior teams" to them.

2.)  You are the same person that wanted the Colts to forfeit the Chiefs game because they did not have a chance to win.  So, do you think the team is "talented" or not?

Outside of that, I will read anything you post in response, but I'm done with this thread, this type of nonsense gives me a headache.

I was asking a question. Is there something that can be done to prepare better? I dont know what the answer is. I was asking if anyone has any ideas.

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We dominated them on offense most of the game. Bad errors are the only thing that killed us. They could barely stop us. Defense only gave up really 7 pts.  13 pts were gifted to them. Despite all those injuries we should of had them burried after the first half. Steelers offense was bad and their defense was not good.  This loss was not a talent issue. We have to develop that killer instinct. 

This loss was coaching for starters as an offense we need to stop turning the ball over and the o-line needs to play better the o-line like it or not isn't as good as it was last year FR screwed it up by firing that coach fact this other guy blows.

15 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

This loss was coaching for starters as an offense we need to stop turning the ball over and the o-line needs to play better the o-line like it or not isn't as good as it was last year FR screwed it up by firing that coach fact this other guy blows.

I am starting to agree about firing the oline coach. Even with the bad oline we still drove the field. The pts we gifted them was just ridiculous. Their offense was so bad.

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

What I want to know is, why did it take Elberflus 3 ENTIRE QUARTERS to figure out that the RB pass was absolutely destroying the defense before he made any adjustment???

The RB gained 73 yds through the air.  Iwouldn't call that killing us. The D was fine.  

6 hours ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

I agree! .. but hard to do when it's obvious the league wants the Texans in the playoffs over us. The penalties called against us in the broncos game and now the Pittsburg game were utterly rediculous, and the penalties not called on the opposing teams were also uninspired. But I get it, it's all a game within a game, boiled down to dollars. 

There is a reason the NFL is sports entertainment and not competitive sports. 

WWE my friends. Okay, maybe not that bad, but you get the picture.

I think you may be onto something......hold on, no you are not.

Conspiracy theories are for the movies. Oh, and politics. 

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

It's partly the scheme...Colts have struggled with pass-catching backs since the beginning of last year.

But Samuels only got 5.5 yds/catch and PIT had less than 200 yards passing. I think it "worked" for the most part...though I do agree that they should have at least tempted Rudolph to throw a duck or two downfield. 

IMO, letting that backup RB gash them for 73 yards on 12 carries was a bigger issue.

The Steelers did not have their #1 RB and their third string QB played well against the Colts defense. Colts penalties have got to top. Vinateri is obviously on his way out. Not only does his lack of points to not help bad but he is the old man of the team an when the old man fails it is a little demoralizing. The center on the failed FG did not have the ball set right and Sanchez made no attempt to right it. Add the kicker kicking dirt instead of the ball it is a three way flop by professional players with the game on the line. 

17 minutes ago, Calmack said:

No it wasn't. Your sentence was a confusing eyesore to read. Try using correct "were's" and "their's".

LOL  I will put my utmost into my were's and their's but you still did not answer my question everyone else did. Grammar away Calmack:banana:

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The point is we did over come those things. Giving them 3 pts at the half you could say even cost us the game. Chester Rogers fumbling the punt return gave the Steelers three points. My point was the offense actually was driving the field. Defense only gave up one actual TD. 

I sometimes get the impression  (from some of your posts ) you might feel that …..talent-wise …… We might be say a top 8 team ( or better ) ?

41 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

LOL  I will put my utmost into my were's and their's but you still did not answer my question everyone else did. Grammar away Calmack:banana:

To answer your question, yeah, I did watch the game. We didn't look that dominant in my opinion. Not at all

8 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Adams foot hit the ground on that kick, it was really strange.  he would have missed if the laces were out hitting it like that

you could argue the hold is why he did that, but he is supposed to be a clutch kicker and didnt even give this one a chance

Thanks...yeah I read that in an article today.  Wasn’t aware of that initially.  I do think the bad hold probably threw off his mechanics but who knows? I still find it suspect that his holder didn’t turn the laces out...especially with the game riding on that kick.   Alright, alright...I’ll put my tin foil hat away...for now.  Lol.  If Vinny is going to legitimately miss kicks that badly then he probably needs to hang it up after this season.  Geeze.  Hope he gets it together but he will probably end up being the death of the Colts if they make the playoffs.  With all these close games that the Colts play they will live by Vinny and die by Vinny.  That’s a perilous existence. 

Not sure if its a lack of instincts, killer or just football, coaches not lighting a fire, or what it is we are missing. At the halfway point in a season, we should not have the penalties, turnovers, etc that lost us the game. We did not get beat imo. Injuries is an easy scapegoat, all of our guys are professionals, not freshmen. They should know how to play the game. Ok, perform at an elite level? No, but know your dang job! Execute your JOB! I do not envy Reichs position in holding guys accountable. Chew someones butt, maybe threaten losing playing time and now they want traded or have a hurt cokkix*(spell check). Sorry coach, just cant go, I'll be in the training room kickin it with Lewis. Some have mentioned this last game as a learning opportunity, wake up call. That was the Oakland game. Something just seems off. More questions than answers at this point in the season with a lot on the line is not a good thing.

• Thanks 1

Lack of killer instinct by Reich was seen on the last drive and it was disappointing. Third and one and we run it up the gut and lose yardage. Why not try something out of the box like a quick slant or something? If we catch them all playing the run, we could have maybe got a TD rather than a field goal attempt. And even if we got the FG, we still left too much time on the clock. I wish Reich would have gone for the kill and quit using analytics and depending on Vinny so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The insinuation is that the Colts lack a killer instinct. I would surmise that the content in this thread, is lacking far more than anything the Colts are lacking.

It's lacking in the understanding of young players being developed into a deep, football squad. However, this thread is a storehouse of emotion. 

• Like 1