Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Is What I Feared...

haughvillian

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny to watch the Colts fans reaction to it (and Luck fans pretending to be Colts fans)

Or...we are Colts fan that know Luck is the better choice.

I think it's funny how some people think RG3 is a better pick because they see some stats on paper, saw some highlights on ESPN, read a few internet blogs, saw him play maybe once or twice, etc., think they know better than virtually every analyst, draft expert, and scout who have actually broken down several game tapes of both players.

Let me try a different spin on this...why would you make your franchise guy sit in the Green Room on draft day wondering if he is going to be picked or not?!?! Is this good for the psyche of the player? Why would you make your guy go through that other than to play head games??? They would know who they want and the contract situation is straight forward with the new CBA. It would show me the organization is dysfunctional. Make a commitment and go forward from day one.

http://washington.cb...or-andrew-luck/

This quote in the article "Speaking of which, Morgan is looking forward to working with Robert Griffin III or, yes, Andrew Luck. It is widely assumed RGIII will be coming to D.C. though a few quiet rumblings have begun that the Colts may pull a fast one and draft the Baylor product."

I've feared this all along because everyone is saying they're taking Luck. I really hope they don't do this. In my opinion, this will be a huge mistake. I hope after the pro days for Griffin and Luck, they commit to Luck and do not draw this out. I'll be very disappointed... as will many Colts fans I fear. I know there are some that want RGIII but it seems most want Luck. I guess we'll be left pondering this until draft day. I for one don't want the drama.

The "rumblings" are dan Snyder trying to fool the Colts into drafting RG3 so they can get the REAL prize................Luck.

This quote in the article "Speaking of which, Morgan is looking forward to working with Robert Griffin III or, yes, Andrew Luck. It is widely assumed RGIII will be coming to D.C. though a few quiet rumblings have begun that the Colts may pull a fast one and draft the Baylor product."

I've feared this all along because everyone is saying they're taking Luck. I really hope they don't do this. In my opinion, this will be a huge mistake. I hope after the pro days for Griffin and Luck, they commit to Luck and do not draw this out. I'll be very disappointed... as will many Colts fans I fear. I know there are some that want RGIII but it seems most want Luck. I guess we'll be left pondering this until draft day. I for one don't want the drama.

Are the rumblings coming from Griffin? :) Just kidding.

Who knows how it will turn out

They BOTH may end up in the HOF

Or

They BOTH may be at krogers in 6 years, bagging your groceries

You have to roll the dice with the most solid, less risky pick....... Thats LUCK

These quotes of bagging groceries are funny. Even if they dont make it in the NFL, they would at least be cashiers. Come on man. lol.

BTW the Colts will take Luck. If they don't we should all laugh at them,

32 owners/gms out of 32 who needed a QB and who had the first pick in the draft would take Luck IMO. Those who didn't should be heavily questioned in terms of their sanity.

I don't even think there should be a debate between Luck and Rg3.

This decision was made a long time ago... Michael Silver was right on with everything. Yahoo sports; Michael Silver, he's always right on. I'll repost for you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_jim_irsay_peyton_manning_colts_andrew_luck022512

As one Colts source said earlier this week, “Luck is The Guy. I don’t care what happens [at the combine]. I don’t care if Griffin flies.”

Also: remember Irsay's slip "Peyton could handle things better than Andrew could anyways next year".

Also: remember Irsay's slip "Peyton could handle things better than Andrew could anyways next year".

Oh yes. I remember Irsay's slip of the tongue. :)

Yep, it's been Luck for some time.

BTW I like RG3 enough as a person and stuff too. I am too hard on him. If the Colts were not picking first I would be more interested.

We aren't and Luck is the only consideration I ever had for the first pick in the entire draft.

I'll wager my next house payment.... That A Luck is a Colt on draft night.

Then why don't they commit to him if everyone is so sure it's Luck? Let the lad know, let the fans know!! I'll buy into the wait until their pro days come and go but after that, if they don't say anything and stay quiet, then I don't get it. Unless they are under the ESPN influence and want the theater stage to keep everyone on the edge of their seats until the bitter end...

Then why don't they commit to him if everyone is so sure it's Luck? Let the lad know, let the fans know!! I'll buy into the wait until their pro days come and go but after that, if they don't say anything and stay quiet, then I don't get it. Unless they are under the ESPN influence and want the theater stage to keep everyone on the edge of their seats until the bitter end...

There's no benefit to doing so until the last minute, be it to maximize your research time or (at worst and God forbid) a Brandon Burlsworth-type situation before the draft.

Sorry, I do not agree...get Luck in here and in the playbook as soon as possible. Even Kiper says the same thing in his latest mock draft (no I don't hinge every word on what Mel Kiper says). I don't think you worry about tragedy striking either...Get him acclimated to his new surroundings and start focusing on building the rest of the team.

Is it possible we go the Texans/Mario Williams route, and have Luck signed and with a playbook in his hands well before the draft? The more time to get acclimated the better. I know he can be signed before the draft, would that make it to where he can workout with our guys?

Or...we are Colts fan that know Luck is the better choice.

I don't know, I don't lump everyone together. There are just some Luck fans on this forum who are pretending to be Colts fans.
I think it's funny how some people think RG3 is a better pick because they see some stats on paper, saw some highlights on ESPN, read a few internet blogs, saw him play maybe once or twice, etc., think they know better than virtually every analyst, draft expert, and scout who have actually broken down several game tapes of both players.

It's not really any different than those that claim Luck is better because they saw some stats on paper, saw some highlights on ESPN, read a few internet blogs, saw him play maybe once or twice, etc., People make decisions by what they have available to them.

Personally, from what I've seen that I think Luck is a better pro prospect. But unlike many who feel that way, I don't have to try and downgrade RGIII as a pro prospect to make Luck seem like a better one.

Lastly, it really is a poor mind that claims something must be correct because "everybody says so."

I don't know, I don't lump everyone together. There are just some Luck fans on this forum who are pretending to be Colts fans.

It's not really any different than those that claim Luck is better because they saw some stats on paper, saw some highlights on ESPN, read a few internet blogs, saw him play maybe once or twice, etc., People make decisions by what they have available to them.

Personally, from what I've seen that I think Luck is a better pro prospect. But unlike many who feel that way, I don't have to try and downgrade RGIII as a pro prospect to make Luck seem like a better one.

Lastly, it really is a poor mind that claims something must be correct because "everybody says so."

I agree, you are correct.....

I agree there is no need to bad mouth RG3. If we had the #2 pick, I would say we should take him. Although in that case I would have been more critical of the decision to get rid of Peyton.

If you have a lack of personal knowledge about something, and a very large majority of experts agree, shouldn't you listen to them? It's a stubborn mind (and usually an unsuccesful one) that doesn't heed the advise of those that have more knowledge and experience, especially when an overwhelming majority agree.

I agree there is no need to bad mouth RG3. If we had the #2 pick, I would say we should take him. Although in that case I would have been more critical of the decision to get rid of Peyton.

True, but you are in the minority.
If you have a lack of personal knowledge about something, and a very large majority of experts agree, shouldn't you listen to them?
yes and no. One your comment is based on the wrong assumption that someone who has a website is somehow an expert. Two, listen to them to see and how they obtain their information, but make your own conclusions.
It's a stubborn mind (and usually an unsuccesful one) that doesn't heed the advise of those that have more knowledge and experience, especially when an overwhelming majority agree.

Again, who cares about the overwhelming majority. And just because someone else a blog or a website does not make them more knowledgeable than someone posting on a forum. And just because a majority (whether overwhelmingly or simple) does not mean the majority is correct. I guess you can try to spin it how you want but the fact is, if you conclude something because the majority of people think that is the correct conclusion then that is a weak mind.

True, but you are in the minority.

yes and no. One your comment is based on the wrong assumption that someone who has a website is somehow an expert. Two, listen to them to see and how they obtain their information, but make your own conclusions.

Again, who cares about the overwhelming majority. And just because someone else a blog or a website does not make them more knowledgeable than someone posting on a forum. And just because a majority (whether overwhelmingly or simple) does not mean the majority is correct. I guess you can try to spin it how you want but the fact is, if you conclude something because the majority of people think that is the correct conclusion then that is a weak mind.

The experts I am speaking of are people like Trent Dilfer, Mayock, Kiper, McShay, Jaworski, etc., not just anyone with a website. I know individually they have all been wrong in the past, but when they are all on the same page about someone (which rarely happens), you should probably listen.

If someone is an expert in a particular field and you aren't, it's not a weak mind if you listen to their advice. I agree if you listen and form your opinion based on what your friends or people who post something on website message board you might have a weak mind, but listening to respected experts is not. Do you listen to the advice of doctors and lawyers, or do you form your own opinion by reading a medical journal or a law book?

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, March 19, 2012 - inappropriate
Hidden by Coltssouth, March 19, 2012 - inappropriate

I won't be surprised at all if the Colts take RGIII, I've actually mentioned it a few times on this forum. I think they will take Luck but I won't be surprised if they take RGIII, I think Grigson would like to turn the Colts into the Eagles.

this is the most racist post I have ever seen. You should be banned for this.

why into Eagles? because of a black QB?

you should be executed for this

The experts I am speaking of are people like Trent Dilfer, Mayock, Kiper, McShay, Jaworski, etc., not just anyone with a website. I know individually they have all been wrong in the past, but when they are all on the same page about someone (which rarely happens), you should probably listen.

Maybe you should... I will still form my own conclusions. And Jaws is my favorite guy that covers the NFL.
If someone is an expert in a particular field and you aren't, it's not a weak mind if you listen to their advice. I agree if you listen and form your opinion based on what your friends or people who post something on website message board you might have a weak mind, but listening to respected experts is not. Do you listen to the advice of doctors and lawyers, or do you form your own opinion by reading a medical journal or a law book?

Do I listen to the advice? I do the same thing with my doctor and lawyers, I gather information from them, get clarifications of things that need clarified, I do my own research and make my own conclusions. And yes, there have been times when I have gone against the Doctor's advice and told the doctor how we were going to treat something and I have told my lawyer how we were going to approach something.

You're caught up on the word, "listen" and I'm caught up on the word "conclusion". To get it back to football, if the main reason people think Luck is better than RGIII is because that is what "most people say." Then that is a weak mind.

Me, I think Luck is better but I freely admit that I am biased, I've watched Luck probably 8 or 9 times over the last couple of years, I've seen RGIII twice and I don't like running QBs in the NFL. What I'm not willing to do is claim the Colts would be remiss to draft RGIII over Luck or that it would be a huge mistake or any of the other ridiculous comments on this and other threads. If that is their decision, it's their decision.

Just because RG3 can run does not make him a running QB. Just means he has the capability of doing so.

I am a Luck fanatic but RG has deep ball accuracy unlike anyone I have seen in quite some time.

Which is why the Redskins dropped so much money on Pierre Garcon, not realizing that speed doesn't necessarily make one a good deep receiver. I don't understand why they didn't give that money to Mike Wallace.

Which is why the Redskins dropped so much money on Pierre Garcon, not realizing that speed doesn't necessarily make one a good deep receiver. I don't understand why they didn't give that money to Mike Wallace.

Because they would of had to give up RG3 to get him..