Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Is What I Feared...

haughvillian

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/03/15/josh-morgan-fired-up-after-talk-with-shanahan-ready-for-rgiii-or-andrew-luck/

This quote in the article "Speaking of which, Morgan is looking forward to working with Robert Griffin III or, yes, Andrew Luck. It is widely assumed RGIII will be coming to D.C. though a few quiet rumblings have begun that the Colts may pull a fast one and draft the Baylor product."

I've feared this all along because everyone is saying they're taking Luck. I really hope they don't do this. In my opinion, this will be a huge mistake. I hope after the pro days for Griffin and Luck, they commit to Luck and do not draw this out. I'll be very disappointed... as will many Colts fans I fear. I know there are some that want RGIII but it seems most want Luck. I guess we'll be left pondering this until draft day. I for one don't want the drama.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these "few quiet rumblings" are just that... a few quiet rumblings lol. The article doesn't reference any sources or anything, so for the meantime, I don't plan on taking the possibility of grabbing RG3 over Luck too seriously... Not yet unless some interesting sources spring up.

I'm pretty sure the Colts are taking Luck. Many teams have seemed to have attempted to make moves for RGiii. Didn't the Redskins even talk briefly talk with the Colts even after they swapped w the Rams????

Luck seems like he is willing and ready to be a Colt and noone seems to be making any offers for him. I say it's set in stone. I'd easily bet a few hundred on it.. None of my friends have accepted that offer :(.

RG3 is very intriguing and I hope Irsay does not go into this draft wtih blinders on and Grigson and him have done enough research on RG3 and Luck.

If RG3 is the better talent and can give us a better shot of dominating again then you take him. If Luck is that guy then you take him. I just do not want to find out five to eight years down the road that Irsay just refused to look at RG3 and always planned to take Luck no matter what.

I think Luck is probably the safer pick out of the two, but I do think RG3 has a bigger upside then Luck.

I think Luck is probably the safer pick out of the two, but I do think RG3 has a bigger upside then Luck.

I keep seeing this. I think RG3 is gonna be a pretty good player as well, not better than Luck, just my opinion, but a pretty darn good player. With that said, I think it's pretty fair to say a lot of people see him in the mold of Mike Vick, not saying you do, but as a general rule of thumb. Is this the upside everyone is talking about? Because if so, that's not something I would really be thrilled with. He's had 1 fantastic season, and the rest would be avg. at best. From a QB stand point.

I'm pretty sure the Colts are taking Luck. Many teams have seemed to have attempted to make moves for RGiii. Didn't the Redskins even talk briefly talk with the Colts even after they swapped w the Rams????

Luck seems like he is willing and ready to be a Colt and noone seems to be making any offers for him. I say it's set in stone. I'd easily bet a few hundred on it.. None of my friends have accepted that offer :(.

I think you invented the highlighted in your own mind.

http://washington.cb...or-andrew-luck/

This quote in the article "Speaking of which, Morgan is looking forward to working with Robert Griffin III or, yes, Andrew Luck. It is widely assumed RGIII will be coming to D.C. though a few quiet rumblings have begun that the Colts may pull a fast one and draft the Baylor product."

I've feared this all along because everyone is saying they're taking Luck. I really hope they don't do this. In my opinion, this will be a huge mistake. I hope after the pro days for Griffin and Luck, they commit to Luck and do not draw this out. I'll be very disappointed... as will many Colts fans I fear. I know there are some that want RGIII but it seems most want Luck. I guess we'll be left pondering this until draft day. I for one don't want the drama.

:facepalm:

They ran out of Manning/Irsay drama, so now they switch to the RGIII/Luck issue. As we have truly found out in the past few months concerning the Colts, the media is usually wrong...

Where do people on here get the opinion that RG is going to be the better prospect based on his athletic ability and his skill set. These are both qb's that are very seldom on t.v. in this area. From what I have found rg 3 was only on .tv. once in this market last year. So we have to assume that the Colts and its staff have the edge on all of us in making this choice. I would be willing to bet they know which one they are taking or Pm would not have been let go.

in 1998 the Colts had to make a similar decision on QBs.

Manning (the finished product) or Leaf (the guy who could climb farther)

And I see a lot of similarities between then and now.

Luck (the finished product) or Griffin (the guy who could climb farther)

I think Irsay likes the finshed product because it worked once before, so it will probably happen again and we will take Andrew Luck

:facepalm:

They ran out of Manning/Irsay drama, so now they switch to the RGIII/Luck issue. As we have truly found out in the past few months concerning the Colts, the media is usually wrong...

That's true, the media is wrong a lot but most of the media thinks the Colts will draft Luck and some of the media is reporting "rumblings" about RGIII, which part are they wrong about?

I just don't understand how NOT 1 draft guru, scout or ex coach rates RG3 higher than Luck, but so many fans do. Maaaaaybe fans aren't that smart?

Actually Dungy likes RG3 over Luck.

And Russ Lande (sporting news draft consultant and former scout for the Rams and Browns) also likes RG3 over Luck.

But, by far, the majority consensus is that Luck is better than RG3.

And Russ Lande (sporting news draft consultant and former scout for the Rams and Browns) also likes RG3 over Luck.

that's just dungy on tv. these sports talk guys like to play devil's advocate. put him in irsay's shoes & i bet it's a different tune

I just don't understand how NOT 1 draft guru, scout or ex coach rates RG3 higher than Luck, but so many fans do. Maaaaaybe fans aren't that smart?

Not one draft guru, scout or ex coach rated James as a better running back that Williams. Not one draft guru, scout or ex coach rated Wayne higher than David Terrell, Koren Robinson or even fellow Miami receiver Moss. Maaaaaaaybe those guys aren't that smart either.

The only thing you should fear is Luck pulling an Eli and refusing to play for the Colts. Could you imagine? After the Colts gut their team and cut one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play to make room for a new quarterback, and then they have to trade him because he wont play?

Okay, 2 do.

I just don't get it. When I watch RG3, I think I have seen quite a few QBs similar to him before in college. In college, a guy like Tebow can dominate just the same way RG3 did. Spread offense, fast receivers, run often, etc...Tebow looked like he had a great arm, too in college. He had more time for that loop in his throw. I have heard a similar criticism of RG3's throwing motion. That being said, I have only seen 1 other QB that reminds me of Luck and that's Peyton. I believe RG3 will have to learn what Luck already knows. I believe Cam Newton and Andrew Luck will be the better QB's down the road. Like George Whitfield said, the NFL is going to have a hard time stopping Luck and Newton. I haven't heard that from whomever is working with RG3.

Okay, 2 do.

I just don't get it. When I watch RG3, I think I have seen quite a few QBs similar to him before in college. In college, a guy like Tebow can dominate just the same way RG3 did. Spread offense, fast receivers, run often, etc...Tebow looked like he had a great arm, too in college. He had more time for that loop in his throw. I have heard a similar criticism of RG3's throwing motion. That being said, I have only seen 1 other QB that reminds me of Luck and that's Peyton. I believe RG3 will have to learn what Luck already knows. I believe Cam Newton and Andrew Luck will be the better QB's down the road. Like George Whitfield said, the NFL is going to have a hard time stopping Luck and Newton. I haven't heard that from whomever is working with RG3.

I'm with you. Tebow does have a great arm. It's just not accurate.

RG3 needs some work to improve his throwing motion, as well as his footwork.

Luck is much more ready, and doesn't need as much work.

I see Luck as more of a cross between several players. He has the cerebral relentlessness like PM, and the ability to throw on the move like Rodgers and the ability to scramble like Elway.

I think RG3 will be successful in his own fashion, but I think he will be hampered with injuries more than other QBs. He got knocked out in game 3 of his sophomore year with an ACL tear that the NCAA gave him a medical redshirt.

This seems like a redskins based article so its probably their hope talking..... though I would rather Griffin here than luck.

Hope? Probably not the right word. We're more than content with RGIII and rank the two QBs far closer together than you guys appear to. We just like to put that asterisk into the discussion because we know that until the first pick none of us really knows what Irsay is planning.

I keep seeing this. I think RG3 is gonna be a pretty good player as well, not better than Luck, just my opinion, but a pretty darn good player. With that said, I think it's pretty fair to say a lot of people see him in the mold of Mike Vick, not saying you do, but as a general rule of thumb. Is this the upside everyone is talking about? Because if so, that's not something I would really be thrilled with. He's had 1 fantastic season, and the rest would be avg. at best. From a QB stand point.

The only things Vick and Griffin have in common is that they are fast and black.

Vick had miserable accuracy in college and for a very large chunk of his pro career. He didn't even bother trying to turn himself into a real QB until his prison stint was over and he landed in Philly. He was also a run first player for a long time and is a very serious headcase.

Griffin has considerably more accuracy throwing all over the field and remains a pass-first QB even when he's flushed out of the pocket. He's bigger than Vick, smarter than Vick, and more disciplined than Vick. You might as well compare him to Vince Young, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Daunte Culpepper, Cam Newton, or Randall Cunningham. They're all equally poor comparisons based on the same two factors.

Polian is on record as liking both about equally. He's said that which one is better depends primarily on team/scheme. Stated outright that RGIII would be good in a Texans-style offense (Skins) and implied that Luck made more sense for the Colts.

There is not a fan on here that knows anything more about rg 3 than what they hear or read. I said this on an earlier thread. I would be willing to bet nobody on here has seen him play more than a couple of times.

The only thing you should fear is Luck pulling an Eli and refusing to play for the Colts. Could you imagine? After the Colts gut their team and cut one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play to make room for a new quarterback, and then they have to trade him because he wont play?

I agree but do not see it. I think they are showing Luck that it is his show now.

Polian is on record as liking both about equally. He's said that which one is better depends primarily on team/scheme. Stated outright that RGIII would be good in a Texans-style offense (Skins) and implied that Luck made more sense for the Colts.

I don't have very much interest or trust in what BP has to say.

I'm with you. Tebow does have a great arm. It's just not accurate.

RG3 needs some work to improve his throwing motion, as well as his footwork.

Luck is much more ready, and doesn't need as much work.

I see Luck as more of a cross between several players. He has the cerebral relentlessness like PM, and the ability to throw on the move like Rodgers and the ability to scramble like Elway.

I think RG3 will be successful in his own fashion, but I think he will be hampered with injuries more than other QBs. He got knocked out in game 3 of his sophomore year with an ACL tear that the NCAA gave him a medical redshirt.

I am also with you :)

Bill Polian when asked about which team Peyton would choose, said that it needs to be a team that will allow him to make calls at the LOS because that is the advantage he brings over all other QBs. Well, I think that's the advantage Luck is going to have over his contemporary QB's as well.

There were also quiet rumblings that Reggie Wayne was going to Miami, that Mario Williams would stay in Houston, etc., etc.

and that Peyton Manning would go to Miami or Houston..

I dont think RG3 is ready to start in the NFL..

I'm not sure Andrew Luck is either,..but his background and experience make him the choice.... to me

and that Peyton Manning would go to Miami or Houston..

I dont think RG3 is ready to start in the NFL..

I'm not sure Andrew Luck is either,..but his background and experience make him the choice.... to me

Andrew Luck may not have been ready to start in the NFL last year, but IMO, he is more than ready now.

Griffin has considerably more accuracy throwing all over the field and remains a pass-first QB even when he's flushed out of the pocket. He's bigger than Vick, smarter than Vick, and more disciplined than Vick. You might as well compare him to Vince Young, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Daunte Culpepper, Cam Newton, or Randall Cunningham. They're all equally poor comparisons based on the same two factors.

RG3 is much smaller than all of those guys. Every guy in that list is built more like Andrew Luck, height and weight wise. Not good examples. Those guys especially McNair absorbed hits all of the time. RG3 will not be able to do that. That's why he's compared to Vick.