Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)


Recommended Posts

I made some scathing remarks about Andrew last night.   I was drinking and caught off guard.    I wish him nothing but the best.    He made a choice to turn down millions of dollars .     Only he knows what his body is going through.    I wish he would have made the decision in February instead of late August.   But it is what it is.    The kid gave this team everything he had.    We are all fans,   we love the team.   He had internal organs lacerated.    His experience is much different than ours.   Thank you for your service young man.   

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, what a couple of days that was! I deliberately stayed off the forum to avoid the initial responses and take time to consider this.  Here is where I stand as of today:   1. The timing o

Long time listener, first time caller.   How much would you pay to be able to walk without terrible pain for the last 50+ years of your life? At what point is it morally repugnant to make su

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

 

Unless Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning is the quarterback. Then go to crap when they get hurt, which is their fault :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

chris ballard has assembled a pretty good roster now, with no glaring holes expect the one left by luck.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

I don't walk pain free. I wake up hurting every day and I can't do some things. I'm pretty young too. I'll bet a lot of guys and gals on here HURT. Every day. We get depressed about it too at times.

 

But we get up and work. We don't check out at 29. Do you open and pray that we all walk pain free one day?

 

It's called LIFE.

Boom.  Bingo.  Nailed it.

 

We all have issues.

 

This guy GOT PAID $25 M a year to play. 

 

 

On a good team.

 

His teammates depended on him.

 

He went bye bye.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

If at 29 you could’ve checked out so that you didn’t wake up in pain everyday, you would’ve though, right? 

 

Sit down. 

Not like that I wouldn't have.  I would have given my employers and co workers ample time to replace me and prepare for work after me. 

 

Especially if we were two weeks from a 5 month campaign in which I am a key cog. I would notify my employers that this is it. I'll get them through this and then I'm done.

 

BTW, this whole 'hes so loaded he can do it, you would if you could' thing isn't very endearing to the common fan or the common man. And youre really not doing Luck any favors with that attitude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

chris ballard has assembled a pretty good roster now, with no glaring holes expect the one left by luck.  

So you know he could have played, all year, at an elite level????  We as fans don’t know that he could’ve play a single down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jimmy g said:

So you know he could have played, all year, at an elite level????  We as fans don’t know that he could’ve play a single down.

i didnt say that.  how did you get that from my post?

 

i guess some might take issue with that comment if they think JB is good.  im skeptical 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threeflight said:

The song is named Superhuman.


You mentioned Superhuman in your post.

 

 

I am an Andrew Bayer fan.


That is all.

Wish you had explained that. I’m 65 years old. I’ve never heard of him or that kind of music.  I thought you wanted to compare going to a concert to playing an NFL game.  That appears to be how you and others think????

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Not like that I wouldn't have.  I would have given my employers and co workers ample time to replace me and prepare for work after me. 

 

Especially if we were two weeks from a 5 month campaign in which I am a key cog. I would notify my employers that this is it. I'll get them through this and then I'm done.

 

BTW, this whole 'hes so loaded he can do it, you would if you could' thing isn't very endearing to the common fan or the common man. And youre really not doing Luck any favors with that attitude.

This is laughable. You are naive to think you would continue on in those circumstances. Not to mention the risk of further injury.

 

youre only ever 1 hit away from a life altering injury in the nfl  Not to mention the money he left on the table. Nothing weak about his decision. Especially when he must’ve known all these people like you would be throwing this ridiculous shade at him 

 

Once again, sit down.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I am a big reality TV fan.

 

 I have a very good friend that was huge on the Bachelor and Bachelors in Paradise.  In fact his first name begins with our 3rd string QB.  I am starting a CBD reality show type company with him.

 

I realize that many of you may not notice this, but Luck uses the words "journey' and 'process' a ton.  As in all of the time.

 

One thing that reality stars are taught to do, and I have heard this straight from my buddy's mouth after 5 beers, is to use those words...and to fake cry and show you are vulnerable, as much as possible.

 

THAT IS ONE OF THE main reasons I don't believe a lot of what Luck says.  He uses those words.  {Process.  Vulnerable.  Journey.)  He fakes emotion.

 

Did we really see any tears yesterday?  I didn't.  I saw faux tears like I see on the Bachelor every week and that my bro tells me they ARE TAUGHT TO DO.

 

 

He gives this awwwww shucks giggly I am so wonderful attitude?

 

And he is at the surface a good guy.

 

But deep down? He thinks of one person.  Himself.

 

Hence why he quit 2 weeks before a season starts.

 

Stop being fooled.

 

Is one of your reality based shows going to be about bowling?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threeflight said:

I live in S Cal.  One of my best friends is a reality TV star.

 

We are starting a CBD based tv show with a public stock as the main focus.

 

Stock will bananas once this hits.

 

A CBD stock I had went up 2000% last week.

 

CBD is the where it is.

You’ve lost me. You,  Cannibus, and a tv show, and an NFL QB retiring, but you are one tough Superhuman.   Yeah, sure. That’s all related...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i didnt say that.  how did you get that from my post?

 

i guess some might take issue with that comment if they think JB is good.  im skeptical 

 

 

You stated that luck left a glaring hole.  It’s logical to assume you thought he could play and be valuable.  He appears to have thought he couldn’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

I do pray you are pain free. I tore every muscles in my rotator cuff over a decade ago and kept working. It eventually healed itself without an operation and I put up with arthritis. But you and I aren’t playing NFL level football. Apples and Oranges...

I did the same thing.

 

About 4 years ago I tore my right rotator cuff doing cable flies. Didn't want to have surgery because I couldn't work out.  Bowl.  Play tennis.  Hockey etc.\


I kept working out even with the bad shoulder.  Might have missed 4 days.

 

And when I say I tore it?  I mean the shoulder slipped out of joint constantly.  Actually made a clicking noise.  The doctor heard the noise and sent me right away to the ER for an MRI.  I said F it.

 

Constant pain.  I had to move the shoulder up and down just to get it back in place.

 

I kept going.

Wasn't paid a dime. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I did the same thing.

 

About 4 years ago I tore my right rotator cuff doing cable flies. Didn't want to have surgery because I couldn't work out.  Bowl.  Play tennis.  Hockey etc.\


I kept working out even with the bad shoulder.  Might have missed 4 days.

 

And when I say I tore it?  I mean the shoulder slipped out of joint constantly.  Actually made a clicking noise.  The doctor heard the noise and sent me right away to the ER for an MRI.  I said F it.

 

Constant pain.  I had to move the shoulder up and down just to get it back in place.

 

I kept going.

Wasn't paid a dime. 

Me too, shifting gears 1000 times a day making city deliveries.  Neither of us is playing NFL Football.  You make ridiculous comments. I could see the Colts now- you playing QB, taking the snap, putting your arm back in place as you scrambled, then throwing a 90 yard on the money TD pass.  Super Bowl Champs for sure!!!

 

what’s scary, is that you see a connection....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

I have had two of my kids have to quit sports because of their bodies betraying them via internal injuries others can’t see or understand.  It messes with their heads, especially at the high school level, where they appear healthy as a horse, and parents gossip that there’s nothing wrong with them.

 

i didn’t see the warmup. All over ESPN and the NFL channel today tho, hosts were saying he came in and performed wonderfully on Saturday, and then told Irsay Monday he was done. I’m guessing there’s after effects beyond “ouchies”.

 Not if he can’t outmaneuver NFL players. Next you’d be screaming he wasn’t putting out max effort.  Kid couldn’t win with this crowd of SuperHumans.

This was last week.  Tell me he looks hurt here.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

This was last week.  Tell me he looks hurt here.

 

Without even watching, it doesn’t matter what I think. It’s what HE thinks.  Can he do that all day, in gear, chased by NFL players???  Apparently not...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

You stated that luck left a glaring hole.  It’s logical to assume you thought he could play and be valuable.  He appears to have thought he couldn’t.

then it would have been a hole with or without him.  the point of that comment was to say ballard has built a pretty good roster otherwise.  still going to be tough to win games with jacoby though.

 

its a weird day on here, some think they will be fine, others think they are screwed, i think they will be middle of the pack or so 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

This is laughable. You are naive to think you would continue on in those circumstances. Not to mention the risk of further injury.

 

youre only ever 1 hit away from a life altering injury in the nfl  Not to mention the money he left on the table. Nothing weak about his decision. Especially when he must’ve known all these people like you would be throwing this ridiculous shade at him 

 

Once again, sir down.

 

Oh you're right. He's out there dodging machine gun fire and running in to burning buildings. Oh that's right, those are real jobs that are far more dangerous and make a fraction of what Luck makes.

 

Now why don't YOU sit down. Maybe put down your Andrew Luck doll while you're at it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

Wish you had explained that. I’m 65 years old. I’ve never heard of him or that kind of music.  I thought you wanted to compare going to a concert to playing an NFL game.  That appears to be how you and others think????

I am 50.

 

I realize I may look young.  But I do NOT think old.  :)

 

Youtube Above & Beyond.  I see them whenever possible.  Will keep you young.

 

Lift.  Eat well.  Be young at heart.

 

THAT IS KEY.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

then it would have been a hole with or without him.  the point of that comment was to say ballard has built a pretty good roster otherwise.  still going to be tough to win games with jacoby though.

 

its a weird day on here, some think they will be fine, others think they are screwed, i think they will be middle of the pack or so 

At least it’s not the 2017 roster!!!!!  I had high hopes, and I’m disappointed.  I’m old- I’ve been a Colts fan since the mid 1950s.  I’m used to disappointment.  My argument on this thread is, tho- the disappointment comes from injuries caused by playing against huge fast strong guys, and not from being quitters.  Ballard has built a roster of strong characters.  It might take an extra couple of years, but they’ll get there.  Even with Andrew, they were probably one or two years away....   injuries waylay teams every year.  Only One wins the Title.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threeflight said:

I am 50.

 

I realize I may look young.  But I do NOT think old.  :)

 

Lift.  Eat well.  Be young at heart.

 

THAT IS KEY.

 I can still play full court basketball against teenagers, too.  None of this is related to the thread. Especially that you like whatever that music or your cannibus movie is. What does that have to do with an injured QB retiring because he can’t outplay the NFL???

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

Oh you're right. He's out there dodging machine gun fire and running in to burning buildings. Oh that's right, those are real jobs that are far more dangerous and make a fraction of what Luck makes.

 

Now why don't YOU sit down. Maybe put down your Andrew Luck doll while you're at it?

There appears to now be an opening for a Starting Colts QB.  When do you take the job from Jacoby?..  what number will you wear against the Chargers???

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

Me too, shifting gears 1000 times a day making city deliveries.  Neither of us is playing NFL Football.  You make ridiculous comments. I could see the Colts now- you playing QB, taking the snap, putting your arm back in place as you scrambled, then throwing a 90 yard on the money TD pass.  Super Bowl Champs for sure!!!

 

what’s scary, is that you see a connection....

The point is...for $25 M a year?  I wouldn't quit.

 

Luck did.

 

Are you even real life? 
 

I see a lot of people like you here in S Cal.

 

 

You love to worship people you have never met.

 

Do you go to the Marvel movies thinking those people are real life? 

 

Captain America your hero?

 

I have news for you....

 

Most people are fake as can be.  Stop thinking of these athletes as people that are 100% infallible.

 

Luck showed his true colors.

 

You don't want to admit that?

 

THAT IS ON YOU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

 

And probably go troll Luck on social media about it too. 4-12...and that’s even if they manage to beat this garbage Titans team in week 2.

pretty much every comment is a troll post on FB and nfl reddit.  teams like the cowboys get trolled hard just for losing a random game, im sure the colts haters will be out in force for a while now

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, threeflight said:

The point is...for $25 M a year?  I wouldn't quit.

 

Luck did.

 

Are you even real life? 
 

I see a lot of people like you here in S Cal.

 

 

You love to worship people you have never met.

 

Do you go to the Marvel movies thinking those people are real life? 

 

Captain America your hero?

 

I have news for you....

 

Most people are fake as can be.  Stop thinking of these athletes as people that are 100% infallible.

 

Luck showed his true colors.

 

You don't want to admit that?

 

THAT IS ON YOU.

If you were a public fireman with a bad ankle, wouldn't it be irresponsible to try to rescue people from burning buildings? You'd drop them or fall down and then TWO are endangered.  Luck is a QB.  His job is to avoid getting busted up by NFL players.  This isnt one if your movies.  He appears to believe hes too hurt to play. That's real.  Hes not a Superhero.  (Last time I saw Superman was in 1963 on a black and white TV, by the way)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I am 50.

 

I realize I may look young.  But I do NOT think old.  :)

 

Youtube Above & Beyond.  I see them whenever possible.  Will keep you young.

 

Lift.  Eat well.  Be young at heart.

 

THAT IS KEY.

Sorry can’t 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

pretty much every comment is a troll post on FB and nfl reddit.  teams like the cowboys get trolled hard just for losing a random game, im sure the colts haters will be out in force for a while now

 

At last night’s game even :violin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

I’ve never been this sad in my life. Not a minute goes by where I don’t think about all of this. I didn’t even get to ever watch him play.. :(

Maybe some perspective? It's only football in the end. People get too emotionally invested. Don't worry....I've been there in the past. Refuse to do it again.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Maybe some perspective? It's only football in the end. People get too emotionally invested. Don't worry....I've been there in the past. Refuse to do it again.

I still get emotional when a Princeton Community season ends but I have known those athletes or their parents and/or relatives for years

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • This. Though I could probably be talked into a 1st for Stafford.     But yeah, CB is in a REALLY tough spot. Layer on the fact that he doesn't have a    longer term answer at any of Edge rusher, L-OT and WR-1 on the roster and he has   his work cut out for him.   
    • Anyone think there’s a chance he leaves San Fran? They’ve got a lot of decisions to make and can’t franchise tag him, as well as a very limited amount of cap space. We could certainly outbid them.    Imagine a left side of him and Big Q with Jonathan Taylor running behind them. We would easily have the best line in the game. 
    • In Ballard I trust. He is intuitive and a consensus builder. This is a great opportunity to use this decision to refine your offensive strategy. Remember, Reich loves the RPO and what he could do with a mobile QB.
    • Ballard didn't say it was definite.   He didn't rule it out.   He just said as of this minute.    I think he's hoping to find out in April and May.      He still might end up deciding Eason is OK as the back-up.   I was only trying to impress upon those in the "Throw Jacob Eason in and see what we have" crowd that Ballard has crushed that dream for 2021.    But I wouldn't rule out 2022....  at least not yet.  
    • TY - 2Y/22M - he can still play but he’s not Tyreek Hill taking the top of defenses anymore, and with his disappearing act at the beginning of the year I’m afraid to sign him any longer or with too much guaranteed. Partly for sentimental reasons I want him to stay, but I do think he’s still got some juice.    Mack - 1Y/1M - Likable player but due to his position and injury, no way can I justify giving him much more than vet minimum.    Houston - 1Y/8M - Fell off a lot this year compared to his first year. Still our best edge player, basically by default and I’d be hoping we can get a more 2019 performance out of him at arguably our weakest position on the team.    Autry - Walk. He will price himself out with an inflated sense of value because he’s gotten decent sack numbers, but he is the definition of JAG and I’d only keep him if he agreed to a minimum contract.    Rhodes - 1Y/6M - He was a stud this year. If we could guarantee that he won’t revert back to his last two years in Minnesota I would be willing to go longer and higher. With how much he fell off after getting paid the first time, I’m not giving him a long term deal.    Walker - 1Y/2M - He was playing a very small percentage of downs at the end of the year so I’m keeping him less based on ability and more based on leadership and football savvy.    Hooker - Walk. Both sides need to just move on. I’d keep him at minimum too but I think both sides want a fresh start. Also a little miscast in the current defense so no reason to force a square peg into a round hole.    Brissett - 1Y/5M - Too big of a fan of Brissett as a man to want to see him leave. I don’t want him starting but he’s a very solid backup and compared to the 20M we gave him last year, I can live with his salary being at 1/4 of that this year.    Pascal and MAC both tendered at 2.24M. I want to bring in Kenny Golladay or Allen Robinson and Pascal is JAG so he’s not falling into my future plans much. I’m a big fan of MAC and I wouldn’t mind seeing him play the Jack Doyle role. He’s a better blocker, has better hands, and is more explosive.    I may be lowballing some guys but I’d hate to fall into the trap of overvaluing our guys and keeping them just because you want to keep your own. Unfortunately, I think the five most important positions on the team also coincide with our five weakest positions on the team; QB, WR, CB, DE, and LT. Fortunately we’ve got a good cap situation and this is the perfect year to be needing a QB. 
  • Members

    • Samu-Rye

      Samu-Rye 48

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Imgrandojji

      Imgrandojji 1,248

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indycrazy1287

      Indycrazy1287 21

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SR711

      SR711 170

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 785

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Moe

      Moe 27

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsGermany

      ColtsGermany 275

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachLite

      CoachLite 400

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Behle

      Behle 46

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CheezyColt

      CheezyColt 551

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...