Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

Just now, mahagga73 said:

Its easy to wax philosophical when its not your teams SB dreams and future  probably down the drain , at least for now. 

And it's easy to criticize a man when you're not the one dealing with the pressure, taking the hits and feeling the pain, going thru the rehab and surgeries.......all for a bunch if people who turn on you in a matter of seconds before they even hear your explanation.

I have been a Colts fan since 84. Nobody is anymore disappointed than I am. I remember watching Gary Hogeboom play QB. Most of this reaction is coming from spoiled fans who came along while Peyton was here, and havent been thru % with the team. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

okay.    Maybe then.  :dunno:

To me it is what it is.  I don’t know what my reaction would have been if I had been at the game last night.  A lot of people go right to anger in terms of grief. I think once they get to acceptance they maybe regret some of the lashing out they did during the anger stage.  I think that’s what last night was, people lashing out because they were hurt.  Just my opinion I could very well be wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

To me it is what it is.  I don’t know what my reaction would have been if I had been at the game last night.  A lot of people go right to anger in terms of grief. I think once they get to acceptance they maybe regret some of the lashing out they did during the anger stage.  I think that’s what last night was, people lashing out because they were hurt.  Just my opinion I could very well be wrong.

Yeah I agree

Ugh... this wasn’t pre planned and he was injured more from your awful O line than any snowboarding accident. THIS year it is suppose be a lot better but for all of his career the line had more holes than Swiss cheese and he paid the price.  Simple fact is he has been hurt a lot in football and has had enough.. was it a bad contract? In Hine site yes but at the time it seemed like a smart move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Sorry..but if Chris Ballard and Jim Irsay walked across that field last night...they would have been boo’d too.  It was about how this was all handled.  Fans deserved better than to be informed like that.  

The Colts seem to do this a lot. I wouldn’t be shocked if fans were thinking about how the colt organization lied about him not kissing the season when he did.

• Thanks 1

I do not blame one single fan for booing at all. I would have done the same thing at that moment. I was and still am devastated. Literally heart broken. Those fans were at the game and seen him in person and emotions were hot at the time. I am willing to bet most of all the fans booed would not have booed him if it was at a different time and not so randomly during a game. We all love Andrew and still do. Those fans love him still it was just a bad timing. It’s literally like a 7 year break up. We all loved him and he broke up with us randomly after 7 years. 

• Like 2

Classy move by Irsay.  Don’t know how smart it was though. Perhaps deep down Irsay feels bad that they didn’t protect him like they should have early on.  Maybe that’s his way of trying make up for what the incompetent previous regime put Luck through physically and now obviously emotionally.  

I think he was told back in the spring that he needed surgery but it may get better with rest and rehab. He chose the conservative rest and rehab route. It didn’t get better with rest and rehab and rather than have surgery and go through a grueling rehab, he opted to quit. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Classy move by Irsay.  Don’t know how smart it was though. Perhaps deep down Irsay feels bad that they didn’t protect him like they should have early on.  Maybe that’s his way of trying make up for what the incompetent previous regime put Luck through physically and now obviously emotionally.  

Seriously Luck brought a lot of this on himself. He wouldn't throw the ball away or held it to long. He many times refused to slide down instead of taking hits. The rules in the league protect a quarterback almost to a fault. This is mostly on Luck.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Since Irsay has unlimited money to throw away he should rebate a lot of it back to the season ticket holders. 

No kidding.

Let's see, reward the person who just F'd you over, but keep raising ticket prices on the loyal fan who has to spend $500-$1000 a game to take his family to a football game.

Goes to show you how this world is run.  The elites always reward the elites. 

The little guy? 

Keeps getting screwed.

How about refunding some cash to the season ticket holders, or lowering the price of GA tickets?  All people who expected to see Luck this year.

But he won't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

I think he was told back in the spring that he needed surgery but it may get better with rest and rehab. He chose the conservative rest and rehab route. It didn’t get better with rest and rehab and rather than have surgery and go through a grueling rehab, he opted to quit. 

That would make sense.  

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aaaea3ca8f2bdcda2d2

He was in town for about a dozen other reasons, but what you listed wouldn’t even make the top 500. Ridiculous. 

When it becomes public knowledge this week I will graciously let you retract your statements.

8 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Which is ridiculous imo.

If Luck had gone out of his way to screw over the Colts on purpose, he couldn't have done a better job than what he just did.

Sure he could.    He could have rehabbed the entire year and cost the team a lot more money

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Seriously Luck brought a lot of this on himself. He wouldn't throw the ball away or held it to long. He many times refused to slide down instead of taking hits. The rules in the league protect a quarterback almost to a fault. This is mostly on Luck.

Probably true...still doesn’t mean that Irsay may not feel partly responsible for how his Colts career ended up. 

On a different note...I doubt this is the last we see of Andrew Luck on the field.  I think he will unretire in a year or two.  He probably won’t be wearing a horseshoe again though.  Just a feeling I have.  

9 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

This, I'm tired about hearing about the old regime did this. As bad as they were, which was really bad.

Most of Luck's serious injuries were self imposed.

Didn't get down against Denver when he lacerated his kidney. Hurt shoulder snow boarding, and not that I think he has a major injury now, but allegedly was a result of snowboarding.

No doubt about the incompetence of Grigson and Chuck, but this isn't their fault.

• Like 1

$15 M more?  Compared to the $85 M he was already paid?

That isn't a lot more.

Some.  Not a lot.

Plus, lets face it, Luck's heart really wasn't in it anymore.  This was the perfect way and excuse to get out of playing.  We all see him walking around.  Running around.  Laughing.  He looks completely fine. 

Do you see a limp?  I don't see a limp.  Does he look hurt to you?

I am sure that there is 'something' wrong.  Is it something that 99% of NFL players could play with?  IMO yes.

So to then fool around for another 4 months in front of his family, fans, and most importantly teammates who are out there busting their butts all season?  When he looks totally fine?  That would be too embarrassing imo.   Even for a guy who just quit on his team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, threeflight said:

I hope at some point people forget about the feeeeeels good giggly awwww shucks process journey Andrew and really think about what he has done to the Colts franchise here.

He took them for almost $100 M since he signed the new contract in 2016.

Played one season in the 3 years since.

Got hurt snowboarding in 2016.

Spent what seems like an extreme amount of time coming back.

Misses an entire year.

Plays one season.

Rumor is he hurts himself again this offseason, wait for it.......snowboarding again!   Who does that???

Waits until 2 weeks before the season, and 2 months after the cutoff date for him (June) to be paid in full this year no matter what, and says "see ya"!

To me?  That is shady as hell.

He does not in anyway look like a player who is hurt severely enough to retire.  He is being paid $25 M this year.  Suck it up, play, and don't take the money and run.  Be a man,

Because I promise you he won't be returning the money anytime soon.

Seth Meyers Crying GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Listening to JMV while I went to get lunch today and JMV thinks the Colts front office feels Luck will be back at some point.  So if that’s true this would help explain this as they wouldn’t want to take money out of Luck’s pocket if they think he will come back.

i want to be clear that was JMV’s read I am adding too.  I am NOT saying I think Luck will be back.  

• Like 2