Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Will Not Play Saturday

Coltsfan0112

Totally agree, but preseason is turning into a try out period and not a preseason for the regulars to prepare for season.  NFL is going to have to address and likely limit the preseason games, have more joint practices and stop sticking it to the season ticket holders for these glorified open practices.  

Unfortunately, week 1, doesn't matter who is out there, if not Luck, then we start 0 -- 1 regardless.  :Cry:

• Like 3

I wonder who will see this as “definite proof” that Andrew will not play, week 1?

I think they just aren’t sure either way

Even though the Colts can’t say if Luck is 100% as of today, sometimes they simply just don’t know.

Case in point; T Dungy talked about Dallas Clark’s knee. I believe it was before the 2006 AFCC game (you remember that one, don’t you)?

Dungy was told it was an ACL and right before they were going to announce they were putting Clark on IR, the medical staff told him it wasn’t torn and Dallas would be okay.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Totally agree, but preseason is turning into a try out period and not a preseason for the regulars to prepare for season.  NFL is going to have to address and likely limit the preseason games, have more joint practices and stop sticking it to the season ticket holders for these glorified open practices.  

Unfortunately, week 1, doesn't matter who is out there, if not Luck, then we start 0 -- 1 regardless.  :Cry:

The joint practices do make up for any preseason game reps the players don’t get. I think they get more out of the joint practices the. The preseason games. It’s going to be interesting to see how the season starts with s lot of teams. 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

It has been a trend this year

The Packers “rested” 33 players including Aaron Rodgers last night

Most of that was because the field in Canada was messed up and unsafe.

18 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Let perennial choker and future Hall of Very Good QB Phillip Rivers instill fear in you, brehs...

I'll take their Phillip over the Colts Phillip every day....  but if you want to put your money on PW vs PR, good luck....:console:

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm sticking with my reasoning of if JB didn't play it's a sign that Luck is playing.  On the flip side I reasoned if JB did play it was a sign that Luck wasn't playing.  We shall see!

The flip side could be that since they know Brissett is the only backup worth anything, and there is uncertainty with Luck, and they can't rely on Walker's QB skills and Kelly's availability, it was best to save him for when it mattered, game 1.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The flip side could be that since they know Brissett is the only backup worth anything, and there is uncertainty with Luck, and they can't rely on Walker's QB skills and Kelly's availability, it was best to save him for when it mattered, game 1.

Most peoples backups aren't worth a darn but the Starter is usually risked and plays in that 3rd preseason game for at least one half.  You could be right also, but I just sort of didn't feel like they'd put JB out there in Week 1 without very many live game reps.   What they could also be doing here is just making it very hard to tell what plays we might be running in game 1.  This game on Saturday will certainly be pretty vanilla.  Usually under normal circumstances this is the time for the playbook to open up quite a bit. 

I would of let Brissett play the first quarter. Team needs practice IMO with a good QB. However, it probably means Luck is starting week 1, otherwise Brissett would be given a quarter to play with the team. I can pretty much guarantee Luck is starting week 1, and if Kelly balls out the rest of the preseason and Luck is healthy, we'll trade Brissett after week 2, keep Kelly on the 53, and have him be Luck's backup when he returns from suspension.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would of let Brissett play the first quarter. Team needs practice IMO with a good QB. However, it probably means Luck is starting week 1, otherwise Brissett would be given a quarter to play with the team. I can pretty much guarantee Luck is starting week 1, and if Kelly balls out the rest of the preseason and Luck is healthy, we'll trade Brissett after week 2, keep Kelly on the 53, and have him be Luck's backup when he returns from suspension.

That’s a perfect scenario and everything lines up for the colts to afford a trade with JB and some QB needy team, which currently, there isn’t any unless the panthers just lost Cammy girl. Perhaps a team loses there starting QB in week two and Luck shows he is good to go after starting two games, that’s the only scenario that anyone is offering the colts something of significant value to cause the colts to deal JB, and I’m not even a huge fan of JB anymore, he plays too inconsistent for me to see high draft pick trade value. The only thing that would marginally push his trade value up is if someone loses a QB and they panic saying we need just a guy who has shown ability to lead a team and JB has that, he just isn’t always consistent. Is that worth a team making a panicked trade for JB or is there 10 other similar players around the league to make deals on that push the panic level down and cost a later round pick? Hell, I’d look at the kid who shredded us last week for trade value, he moved the ball better on us than JB did on them, right? Imho, I don’t see that perfect scenario hitting us during the second week where the team would get Kelly back from suspension and a needy, panicked team willing to part with a 2nd round or better pick, which in my mind is what it would take to part with JB as adequate insurance for the colts. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Brissett isn't getting traded

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

However, it probably means Luck is starting week 1, otherwise Brissett would be given a quarter to play with the team.

I can pretty much guarantee Luck is starting week 1

Which is it? And can we rest easy now that you've given it your pretty much guarantee? Or should we wait because it's just "probable"

Between you and Chloe I can't keep up with Luck or the teams current up to the minute status, BUT you guys anxiety over this all is kind of entertaining if I am being totally honest... ; ).   

It will be alright either way guys, it's just foosball.  Relax, tailgating season is upon us!!!! Regardless of who suits up under center.

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Which is it? And can we rest easy now that you've given it your pretty much guarantee? Or should we wait because it's just "probable"

Between you and Chloe I can't keep up with Luck or the teams current up to the minute status, BUT you guys anxiety over this all is kind of entertaining if I am being totally honest... ; ).   

It will be alright either way guys, it's just foosball.  Relax, tailgating season is upon us!!!! Regardless of who suits up under center.

You can rest easy. If he is out, make sure to have a solid backup in all your fantasy football leagues! :lol:

14 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I have no anxiety over luck. It is what it is. Nothing any of us can do about it. We probably won’t even know until a day or two before the game.

• Like 1

I'm perfectly OK with this. And I don't really read anything into it regarding Luck's situation.

Preseason games to me are as much about evaluation as practice for the regular season. The fringe guys trying to make the 53 ans PS have a larger stage now for the next two weeks.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I guess there was a chargers assistant coach at the browns game. Someone said you better hope Luck don’t play. They then said it doesn’t matter because they feel their game plan will be the same because Luck and JB are very similar.

No they are not, Luck is a top 5 QB in the league. JB may be 30th at best. Big difference. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No they are not, Luck is a top 5 QB in the league. JB may be 30th at best. Big difference. 

He wasn’t talking about their ranking. He was talking about their style of play. I tend to agree they are pretty similar in that regard. That is why we can still run our offense with JB without changing much.

Dan Dakich is pretty funny on the radio right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

He wasn’t talking about their ranking. He was talking about their style of play. I tend to agree they are pretty similar in that regard. 

Luck is more accurate and fits balls into tight windows much better. I do not think they are similar at all, JMO. I still think Luck will play, if he doesn't we are in trouble. I would trust JB against a team like the Titans (if we are running it well) but against the Chargers at their place I don't. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck is more accurate and fits balls into tight windows much better. I do not think they are similar at all, JMO. I still think Luck will play, if he doesn't we are in trouble. I would trust JB against a team like the Titans (if we are running it well) but against the Chargers at their place I don't. 

Yes in that regard you are right.  JB also throws the ball to hard while Luck has a great touch . 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not sure Rivers has done far more. 

Moon won 2 career playoff games and never appeared in a Championship game, ever. His stats are inflated due to playing a long time. 

Like, I stated before, Rivers and other QBs should be in the HOF if Moon is. 

Moon only beats River in sexual harassment allegations.

31 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Moon won 2 career playoff games and never appeared in a Championship game, ever. His stats are inflated due to playing a long time. 

Like, I stated before, Rivers and other QBs should be in the HOF if Moon is. 

Moon only beats River in sexual harassment allegations.

Rivers has 5 playoff wins.   Like I said,   I'm not sure Rivers has done far more.    

I also think Rivers is a Hall of Famer 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Walker is laughable.

Kelly has serious QB skills.

I wanted to argue this because I actually thought Walker looked okay in the last preseason game (I didn’t get to see the first one). But then I read the ColtsWire article comparing Walker and Kelly’s stats for both preseason games.

So... umm... yeah. I’ll just go hide under this thing now. :peek:

37 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I wanted to argue this because I actually thought Walker looked okay in the last preseason game (I didn’t get to see the first one). But then I read the ColtsWire article comparing Walker and Kelly’s stats for both preseason games.

So... umm... yeah. I’ll just go hide under this thing now. :peek:

Walker did look much better last game compared to week 1, so props to him. Still, no comparison to CK. I had mixed emotions about bringing CK in, but now I really hope things work out. He looks "in command" and has a nice rhythm to his game. And he can make all the passes and has wheels.  

I know it's only 2 preseason games, but I can understand now why Elway made him QB2 in Denver. It'll make parting with JB much easier. 

IF he can keep his head on straight/.

• Like 1