Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Will Not Play Saturday

Coltsfan0112

6 hours ago, HOZER said:

Bummer that all the starters are out! I’m going with a group of friends, including some Bears fans(Boo!). Alot of people on here saying they feel bad for people going and that it’s too much money to go watch scrubs....Going to a game at Lucas is more then just watching the game. It’s about tailgating, hanging out with good friends and having a good time, razzing the opposing teams fans, all in fun of course, and also hanging out with fellow bleed blue colts fans! Same reason I went to watch the Cubs even during the bad years, the atmosphere and fans were awesome no matter what. I don’t really mind watching the second and third stringers fighting for their futures. 

As far as price, I got a pretty good seat for $48, so can’t complain. It’s going to be a fun day no matter what, not going in with high expectations like I do during regular season.

I hear ya. I used to love going to games because of the atmosphere alone. Like I have posted I have been to probably 50 games in my lifetime but I have never been to a pre-season game. It would still be fun if you went with good friends, eating and drinking. Enjoy the game brother.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2019 at 7:52 AM, Old Colt said:

Totally agree, but preseason is turning into a try out period and not a preseason for the regulars to prepare for season.  NFL is going to have to address and likely limit the preseason games, have more joint practices and stop sticking it to the season ticket holders for these glorified open practices.  

Unfortunately, week 1, doesn't matter who is out there, if not Luck, then we start 0 -- 1 regardless.  :Cry:

Well aren’t you a ray of sunshine?good morning GIF

On 8/23/2019 at 9:52 AM, Old Colt said:

Totally agree, but preseason is turning into a try out period and not a preseason for the regulars to prepare for season.  NFL is going to have to address and likely limit the preseason games, have more joint practices and stop sticking it to the season ticket holders for these glorified open practices.  

Unfortunately, week 1, doesn't matter who is out there, if not Luck, then we start 0 -- 1 regardless.  :Cry:

So question - do you have season tickets?  

An observation - I don't know why people get so worked up over the cost of preseason games.  If I pay $2500 for two season tickets including 2 preseason games, what do you think my total cost will be if they cut back to 2 preseason games and leave the regular season at 16?  The correct answer is still $2500 (unless there is a price increase)

Last, do you think the Colts will just forfeit the game in LA if they know Luck will be out?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

So question - do you have season tickets?  

An observation - I don't know why people get so worked up over the cost of preseason games.  If I pay $2500 for two season tickets including 2 preseason games, what do you think my total cost will be if they cut back to 2 preseason games and leave the regular season at 16?  The correct answer is still $2500 (unless there is a price increase)

Last, do you think the Colts will just forfeit the game in LA if they know Luck will be out?  

I can answer this one:

Yes, I have season tickets.

Last week's tickets didn't sell (listed at half price), so I donated them 2 days prior to game day.

Today's tickets sold for around $40 each (face value approx $70). I was pleasantly surprised.

If they eliminate pre season games, or still play them but not make season ticket holders buy pre season game tickets, I am 99.99% sure my price for 8 regular season home games would increase to cover that lost revenue.

If Luck doesn't play vs Chargers, the coaches, players, (and I) believe 100% that they are going to go into LA and win the game. (yes, I realize the forfeit question was meant to show the absurdity of the "give up/negative" attitude some fans have)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He wasn’t talking about their ranking. He was talking about their style of play. I tend to agree they are pretty similar in that regard. That is why we can still run our offense with JB without changing much.

Dan Dakich is pretty funny on the radio right now.

Brissett  has trouble with blitz reads and his touch throws have too much heat on them. The area Brissett  has improved  since his 2017 start is pocket  presence. In the game versus the browns I saw two plays he ordinarily would have been  sacked on. He stepped up and evaded the pressure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

I can answer this one:

Yes, I have season tickets.

Last week's tickets didn't sell (listed at half price), so I donated them 2 days prior to game day.

Today's tickets sold for around $40 each (face value approx $70). I was pleasantly surprised.

If they eliminate pre season games, or still play them but not make season ticket holders buy pre season game tickets, I am 99.99% sure my price for 8 regular season home games would increase to cover that lost revenue.

If Luck doesn't play vs Chargers, the coaches, players, (and I) believe 100% that they are going to go into LA and win the game. (yes, I realize the forfeit question was meant to show the absurdity of the "give up/negative" attitude some fans have)

I have season tickets too and went last week but skipping tonight.

I think we are on the same page. I believe they have already started progressive ticket pricing. I am simply saying that I view my cost for 8 regular season games to be $2500. Which is what I will pay regardless the number of preseason games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I have season tickets too and went last week but skipping tonight.

I think we are on the same page. I believe they have already started progressive ticket pricing. I am simply saying that I view my cost for 8 regular season games to be $2500. Which is what I will pay regardless the number of preseason games. 

Exactly.   It's 2500 for 8 games with 2 free preseason games

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Brissett  has trouble with blitz reads and his touch throws have too much heat on them. The area Brissett  has improved  since his 2017 start is pocket  presence. In the game versus the browns I saw two plays he ordinarily would have been  sacked on. He stepped up and evaded the pressure 

I think the blitz reads will improve with him getting more reps with Ryan Kelly if he has to play week one. Kelly and luck are so good at  pass protection calls. Also remember they are not really scheming with certain packages getting more blockers in and stuff like that. I agree with the to much heat. I was concerned with him and Ebron because Ebron makes some crazy catches. After those two catches Saturday that doesn’t concern me quite as much. I think that comment was just a general thing about their  style of play. Brissett can get the ball down field so we won’t have to alter the offense that much.