Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bills Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

Welcome back, Colts fans!  :default_20smile:  Our Indianapolis Colts begins  both their 71th season as a member of the NFL as they start their 2019 NFL Preseason Schedule through the rest of August, and the NFL celebrates their 100th anniversary, as the Colts are in Western New York state to play the Buffalo Bills.

Frank Reich begins his second full season as the Colts Head Coach. NFL Comeback  Andrew Luck also begins his seventh season in the NFL as a Colt player, and his second full season 

WR T.Y. Hilton also looks recovered and healthy after enduring leg and ankle injuries he endued during December and the Colts playoffs games at Houston and Kansas City,  and off-season surgery and rehab.

The 2019 NFL Draft class also makes their debut on the playing field, to see live game action tonight, with their ten drafted players, and led by CB Rock Ya-Shin from Temple University.

A few of the established Colts veteran players including Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton may be limited offensive plays, while the rookies, drafted and undrafted, even signed free agents and veterans, have a chance to get noticed by the coaches with their plays, as all of them try to make the cut from the current 90-man training camp roster, to the final 53-man regular season roster.

Colts and Bills have played 60 games between each other since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, with the Bills leading the all-time regular season series at 37-32-1, but are playing their ninth preseason game.  Winner will break the current 4-4 preseason record.

Indianapolis  evened the preseason record  with Buffalo in both teams last meeting played three years ago, edging the Bills, also played at Buffalo back on August 13.  Like tonight, the Colts played their first preseason game at the Bills instead of their second game in 2016.  Colts were scheduled to play in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game at Canton, Ohio with the Packers on August 7, 2016, but was cancelled because of loose turf, field conditions.

WXIN FOX Channel 59 is televising all four 2019 Colts preseason games, beginning with their pregame show at 6:30 PM, followed by the game coverage at 7:00 PM EST.  WXIN FOX 59  the flagship station in the Colts Preseason Television Network, with 10  network affiliates, 9 in Indiana, and 1 in Champaign, Illinois, all games seen live on HD.

A great evening for NFL football tonight at Western New York State, as Sunny skies at 73 degrees, is the game forecast inside New Era Cap Field at Orchard Park, NY, for the 7:05 PM kickoff, along with 7% precipitation, 67% humidity, and western winds at 11 miles per hour.

Colts are wearing their white helmets, Nike blue jerseys and white pants, while the Bills dress in all  white uniforms, white helmets, Nike white jerseys and pants.

NO injuries to all the Colts and Bills players that are making the cut throughout the preseason to the top 53-man regular season roster, should be an entertaining first preseason game tonight, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!   :coltslogo:   :1colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019090853/2019/PRE1/colts@bills

https://colts.com/colts-bills-preseason-preview-week-1

https://fox59.com/category/sports/colts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Indianapolis_Colts_season

• Like 4

Parris Campbell the rookie wide receiver?  Looks like  he will be sidelined tonight, at least for this Bills game. Parris hasn't practiced since Saturday in Colts training camp, probably his hamstring injury is more severe, ansd taking longer to heal. But we will definitely see him in the sidelines and he went with the Colts to Buffalo.

Colts and the NFL teams usually don't prepare a pregame injury report during the preseason games.

1 hour ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Parris Campbell the rookie wide receiver?  Looks like  he will be sidelined tonight, at least for this Bills game. Parris hasn't practiced since Saturday in Colts training camp, probably his hamstring injury is more severe, ansd taking longer to heal. But we will definitely see him in the sidelines and he went with the Colts to Buffalo.

Colts and the NFL teams usually don't prepare a pregame injury report during the preseason games.

I just ask because he isn’t on the injury report listed on espn. Thank you for your insight though. 

• Like 1

Since the Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984, they have been too:

-12 Divisional Rounds (Elite 8's)

-5 AFC Title Games (Final 4's)

-2 SB's (2 Conference Titles)

-have won a SB in Feb 2007 (1 World Title)

Season 36 in Indy begins here tonight, glad football is back but it is just pre-season. No injuries is the main thing.

• Like 2

1st and 19 from the 10. Allen stepped up nice in the pocket. Throws deep down the seam incomplete (overthrow) good coversge by willis and hooker. 

2nd down. Allen to Beasley for 12. Lot of cushion underneath,which is normal. 

3rd down. Good pressure by hunt inside. Allen stepped up and ran to the sideline for a 1st down

1st down dump underneath. Defense collapses quick. Walker on the tackle gain of 4. 

2nd down allen in gun. Lot of guys slipping on the turf on defense. Allen forced to roll right and throw it away

3rd down and 6. Allen in gun again. Single safety high. Man to man defense. 4 man rush,clean pocket. Misthrown by allen. 4th down punt rogers returning. Clean return with a lot of space, decent return.