Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 Chris Ballard draft picks

Rackeen305

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:
  • Who are your top 5 Chris Ballard draft picks that you are most excited about heading into 2019 regardless of draft year. My Top 5 (no particular order):
  •  
  • * Malik Hooker
  • * Q.Nelson
  • * Marlon Mack
  • * Kemoko Turay
  • * Parris Campbell
  •  

whoever is healthy at the start of the season. Remember Cain injured himself i'm preseason which really was a downer so i'm hoping everyone pulls through to week 1. That being said i'm rooting for Cain:rock:

14 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:
  • Who are your top 5 Chris Ballard draft picks that you are most excited about heading into 2019 regardless of draft year. My Top 5 (no particular order):
  •  
  • * Malik Hooker
  • * Q.Nelson
  • * Marlon Mack
  • * Kemoko Turay
  • * Parris Campbell
  •  

No Darius Leonard? :woah:

- Quenton Nelson

- Darius Leonard

- Braden Smith

- Malik Hooker

- Marlon Mack

In that order. I did not eveluate the 2019 draft class, cause they have to play a game first. But I have a feeling that CB can't fail with his picks (if they stay healthy). I mean, he completely turned around the level of talent on the roster with his first 2 drafts. :thmup:

• Thanks 2

1.) Darius Leonard

2.) Malik Hooker

3.) Parris Campbell/Rock Ya Sin

4.) Marlon Mack

5.) Quenton Nelson

I cheated a little on two rookies at once, but we literally have 10-15 guys that could be breakouts/fun to watch, that I had to get both in there. Want to see if Leonard and Nelson can duplicate last season, Hooker can finally break out, Mack can become a top 5-10 back, and curious what Parris and Rock do early in year one.

38 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

1.) Darius Leonard

2.) Malik Hooker

3.) Parris Campbell/Rock Ya Sin

4.) Marlon Mack

5.) Quenton Nelson

I cheated a little on two rookies at once, but we literally have 10-15 guys that could be breakouts/fun to watch, that I had to get both in there. Want to see if Leonard and Nelson can duplicate last season, Hooker can finally break out, Mack can become a top 5-10 back, and curious what Parris and Rock do early in year one.

i dnt think ppl realize how good this team is gonna be or how efficient Ballard is at his job. He’s worth more than any Qb not named Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

i dnt think ppl realize how good this team is gonna be or how efficient Ballard is at his job. He’s worth more than any Qb not named Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes 

and Luck, then I will agree. Put Mahomes on the Colts on the rosters from 2012-2018 he has 0 SB wins too. You are kidding yourself if you think other wise. Wilson has 0 too if he has our rosters. This upcoming season Luck is about to prove the haters wrong. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

and Luck, then I will agree. Put Mahomes on the Colts on the rosters from 2012-2018 he has 0 SB wins too. You are kidding yourself if you think other wise. Wilson has 0 too if he has our rosters. This upcoming season Luck is about to prove the haters wrong. 

I agree. Mahomes as a teenager wouldn't win the SB with us! :lol:

26 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

There are a lot of people whose names we won't know, working behind the scenes, that help make Ballard look like a genius (which he may, indeed, be). It is a team effort, and we have a very good team.

• Like 1

I'm removing Leonard and Nelson from consideration. They are proven studs. They proved it first year. They'll prove it again this year. It doesn't excite me, I expect them both to be monsters. 

So...

1. Parris Campbell - I expect him to be the biggest impact to point differential

2. Rock Ya-Sin - I expect him to challenge for time right away, and start by mid season

3. Deon Cain - more than anything else, we need a well rounded outside guy / X with speed

4. Ben Bonagu - Hope they stick to DE focus in TC. I thought about Turay in this spot.

5. Nyheim Hines - Great rookie year. I think he's a smaller, but better planned part of the O this year

As far as being the "most excited about", I'd interpret that as seeing a player reach an expected or higher than expected potential.  Start or continue an upward trajectory.  My list is:

Darius Leonard

Parris Campbell 

Braden Smith

Rock Ya Sin

Khari Willis. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

i picked luck to be the MVP this year but he makes alotta dumb decisions like really “wth” are yu looking at decisions. clean those up and idk how teams beat us this year

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DougDew said:

As far as being the "most excited about", I'd interpret that as seeing a player reach an expected or higher than expected potential.  Start or continue an upward trajectory.  My list is:

Darius Leonard

Parris Campbell 

Braden Smith

Rock Ya Sin

Khari Willis. 

You have two guys that have never taken a snap over Nelson who was a wrecking ball.   Interesting

-Wilson

-Smith

-Lewis

-Turay

-Cain

I'm not counting this year's draft and these are the people I'm most excited to see improve and/or be more consistent.  Cain is the exception with no real game starts; I want him top ball out but I know he has a lot of competition.

If I was including this year's draft it would be as follows because I feel Smith and Turay have the most potential already:

-Wilson

-Lewis

-Cain

-Campbell

-Ya Sin

7 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I'm removing Leonard and Nelson from consideration. They are proven studs. They proved it first year. They'll prove it again this year. It doesn't excite me, I expect them both to be monsters. 

So...

1. Parris Campbell - I expect him to be the biggest impact to point differential

2. Rock Ya-Sin - I expect him to challenge for time right away, and start by mid season

3. Deon Cain - more than anything else, we need a well rounded outside guy / X with speed

4. Ben Bonagu - Hope they stick to DE focus in TC. I thought about Turay in this spot.

5. Nyheim Hines - Great rookie year. I think he's a smaller, but better planned part of the O this year

You are not excited about players being 'monsters' yet you are about a bunch of rookies who may not even make the cut? 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Give Mahomes as a QB now, the rosters we have had through 2012-2018 he would still be winless. 

Winless?     With the rosters Luck took to the playoffs his first three years and Mahomes would be.....  winless?!?

Even with our roster last year too?

Really?   Did you mean to say that?

Pat Mahomes?     Winless?   

Holy Cow!       :facepalm:

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You have two guys that have never taken a snap over Nelson who was a wrecking ball.   Interesting

Because I think Nelson has affirmatively shown what he can do.  He has met or exceeded expectations already.  I don't know how much higher he can go, especially playing a relatively non impact position.

I'm gonna add a caveat to my list -- I don't want to include anyone that only brings a projection of greatness, but has yet to accomplish anything.  This Top Five is of Proven Ability

1. Quentin Nelson - Rookie first team all pro is a difficult get.

2. Darius Leonard - 163 tackles, 7 sacks, 4 FF's, and 2 INT's.  As a rookie.  Wow.

3. Anthony Walker - 105 tackles in his second year.  Go ahead, Okareke.  Take the job from him.  Try to, anyway.

4. Marlon Mack - 908 rushing yds and 9 TD's with 4.7 YPC from only 12 games in his second year.  Yes, please.

5. Malik Hooker - Injured after a promising start, teams don't throw to his side of the field.

Now, for projected greatness

1. Parris Campbell - Biggest big play upside of anyone

2. Rock Ya-Sin - Seriously looks the part.  Should challenge to start sometime this year, I think.

3. Ben Banogu - Brings great skills, but will depend on how they use him.

4. Deon Cain - Injury ruined his rookie season.  Great kid, but Campbell is stealing the spotlight.

5. Tyquan Lewis - Will be a starter sooner than the rest.  But can be eclipsed by the others if they do well.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Winless?     With the rosters Luck took to the playoffs his first three years and Mahomes would be.....  winless?!?

Even with our roster last year too?

Really?   Did you mean to say that?

Pat Mahomes?     Winless?   

Holy Cow!       :facepalm:

Winless as in winning a SB is what I meant. Of course he could win 10/11 games a year with what we have had but with the rosters we have had he would've never got by the Pats. No different than what Luck has done.

• Thanks 1

I tend to default to getting excited about guys that have top-tier athleticism in some (or all) aspects...but can also play the game. They are the ones that do things that make me go "wow."

So my five are easily:

Campbell, Tell, Turay, Cain and Banogu.  

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Because I think Nelson has affirmatively shown what he can do.  He has met or exceeded expectations already.  I don't know how much higher he can go, especially playing a relatively non impact position.

Then why is Leonard on your list?

21 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:
  •  
  • * Malik Hooker
  • * Q.Nelson
  • * Marlon Mack
  • * Kemoko Turay
  • * Parris Campbell
  •  

21 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

No Darius Leonard? :woah:

- Quenton Nelson

- Darius Leonard

- Braden Smith

- Malik Hooker

- Marlon Mack

In that order. I did not eveluate the 2019 draft class, cause they have to play a game first. But I have a feeling that CB can't fail with his picks (if they stay healthy). I mean, he completely turned around the level of talent on the roster with his first 2 drafts. :thmup:

Let me start by saying this is MY top 5. Whoever you have as your top 5 is your opinion. I chose Hooker because if we have that ballhawk which he has proven to be especially prior to his injury, will make this team that much better because now AL and Co will be on the field more (via turnover). If Q.Nelson can remain solid/consistent at what he does, then the oline will give AL that clean pocket to push the ball downfield to a Parris Campbell/Funchess/Cain/TY.

Kemoko Turay is probably the most fun to anticipate as he showed flashes when healthy. And if he reaches his full potential this year, he may sneakily have double digit sacks because he has all the abilities to do so as a rusher. Parris is a very nice guy to have, especially on punt return if given the chance and as a YAC receiver. Marlon Mack is swinging the ax, very close to reaching 1000 yards and more. He has all the abilities of being a standout back. Should he stay healthy, the sky's the limit, especially with this oline.  

The main reason why I left Leonard off my Top 5 is because at this point, he has nothing to prove. Same with Q.Nelson but, I believe Q.Nelson's role is a little different than Leonard in that Nelson has to provide protection for the franchise and we need his consistency in a different way than Leonard. Luck needs protection against KC/PITT/NE/JAGS. So this is why Big Q is on my list and not Leonard. See the playoffs and you will see that KC killed our oline and there was nothing INDY could do about it. NOw you see my Leonard wasnt on my list? BTW during that KC playoff game, Hooker didnt play either.  

22 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:
  •  
  • * Malik Hooker
  • * Q.Nelson
  • * Marlon Mack
  • * Kemoko Turay
  • * Parris Campbell
  •  

Leonard? Hands down, Leonard

20 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Let me start by saying this is MY top 5. Whoever you have as your top 5 is your opinion. I chose Hooker because if we have that ballhawk which he has proven to be especially prior to his injury, will make this team that much better because now AL and Co will be on the field more (via turnover). If Q.Nelson can remain solid/consistent at what he does, then the oline will give AL that clean pocket to push the ball downfield to a Parris Campbell/Funchess/Cain/TY.

Kemoko Turay is probably the most fun to anticipate as he showed flashes when healthy. And if he reaches his full potential this year, he may sneakily have double digit sacks because he has all the abilities to do so as a rusher. Parris is a very nice guy to have, especially on punt return if given the chance and as a YAC receiver. Marlon Mack is swinging the ax, very close to reaching 1000 yards and more. He has all the abilities of being a standout back. Should he stay healthy, the sky's the limit, especially with this oline.  

The main reason why I left Leonard off my Top 5 is because at this point, he has nothing to prove. Same with Q.Nelson but, I believe Q.Nelson's role is a little different than Leonard in that Nelson has to provide protection for the franchise and we need his consistency in a different way than Leonard. Luck needs protection against KC/PITT/NE/JAGS. So this is why Big Q is on my list and not Leonard. See the playoffs and you will see that KC killed our oline and there was nothing INDY could do about it. NOw you see my Leonard wasnt on my list? BTW during that KC playoff game, Hooker didnt play either.  

I know everybody has some other opinions, or players he's excited to see. I didn't mean it for personal:thmup:

You're right with all that you said. 

I'm the type of person who's excited to see if our 2nd and plus year pros (especially Leonard, Nelson and Smith) can repeat their strong seasons. I want to see that they can play at this level (and maybe above) year in and year out. 

That's how my list built up. 

Sure I'm excited about our rookies, too. Especially Campbell and Ya-Sin. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 8:12 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Winless as in winning a SB is what I meant. Of course he could win 10/11 games a year with what we have had but with the rosters we have had he would've never got by the Pats. No different than what Luck has done.

OK....

Thank you.....    that makes much more sense....

For a moment there,  you had me worried.........

But then my guy,  CBE,  came back to planet Colts......    Thanks for straightening that out....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK....

Thank you.....    that makes much more sense....

For a moment there,  you had me worried.........

But then my guy,  CBE,  came back to planet Colts......    Thanks for straightening that out....

Yeah I did word that funny but I think Mahomes is a great QB.

• Like 1