Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Throwing Like He Was 6 Years Ago

BmoreColt

Just out of curiosity do you think there is a chance Luck COULD be on the team next year? As in starting for our Colts?

Listen up guys, one thing DOES disturb me a bit. I know it's still a bit soon since the Peyton release but do not hate on Luck either. He is a young guy who wants to live his dream in the NFL. none of this is his fault.

He is going to be our next QB barring something odd happening. I truly hope people here support the next QB for the Colts.

I don't see the Luck hate here...he was just stating the technical fact.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People like us have caught so much crap this last week its disgusting. Having to 'battle' with other forum members is troubling. You have the Pro Manning supporters and the Anti Manning supporters duking it out. Sickning.

Fan, I am sick too. I personally have no issue with people saddened by the loss of Peyton to our Colt team. What I am also sick of, just as you are sick, is the vile vitriol that has been directed at Jim Irsay. Blaming Irsay for Manning not being here and treating him like crud is not grieving, it is blaming. There is a huge difference. I happen to like Mr Irsay a great deal. It makes no difference to me if a fan hates Mr Irsay and they are a fan of another team, or a fan of the Colts. Tear down my owner and I will have something to say about it. I still am sad over the fact that Peyton will not be a Colt next season. I also feel for those who were so connected to Peyton that this event has hurt them deeply. But regardless of my sympathy for those who are stricken with grief over this, I will not watch fans destroy the image of this owner without me saying something about it. Perhaps it wasn't you tearing down the owner, I honestly dont remember, but the only comments that I have had towards those upset with the departure of PM is when it includes hate towards the owner.

I offer a hand of peace to you. I do not enjoy defending this owner. We can start the peace right here. Shake on it? :shake:

How does having a Luck avatar make you a Manning basher? How is it a sign of disrespect too? Its not like Manning just died.

Thats my point. Being excited to draft Andrew Luck or tired of hearing pro Manning posts all the time (which doesnt personally bother me that much) does not make you a Manning basher.

It may mean some arent as upset as others about it but that doesnt mean they arent Peyton fans or against him.

Besides the "it disrespectful to Petyon" I just don't like that person it was my personal feelings about a certain poster, but having a Luck avatar is kind of stupid until he gets drafted to treat the guy like a colt before he is on the team is silly that was my point. It's pretty clear some people didn't have a too big of a problem with the changing of the guard so to speak, with that said like most fans you become emotionally attached to certain players for those of you who don't have a problem with Petyon being gone that's fine but there still is a portion of the fan base that is adjusting to no more Manning under center. It's kinda like a long term relationship you don't stop seeing a person after 14 years and not having some sorrow regardless of the situation, at the end of the day or year most colts fans will fall in line and support Luck it's just weird to think of the colts without Manning

You know if people want to talk about manning I see no reason it can't stay here. I know when something would happen with other ex colts it stayed in tbe colts section like when sanders got hurt or people pointing out lilga or devan were starting for other teams or when edge would do something or when Marvin had issues after his playing days. It's not like people are talking about someone who has zero ties to the colts like if you want to talk about the pats season that should be in nfl general for example. I know as a colts fan I like seeing what happens to ex colts so I have no problem with it being talked about here. If people really don't want to talk about manning just don't read the tread I ignore threads everyday I don't have interest in. Just my two cents on that part of things.

Peyton can throw well, but that doesn't mean he should still be here. Can he block the defensive linemen and blitzers? Can he play defense? Can he coach? And the most important question of all: does Peyton have any chance of winning a championship here in the next 2 or 3 years? If Peyton thought he did, he would have restructured and stayed

That's just not true. He said during the press conference that he does not have to prove anything.

I still have not found out the difference between "it is not about money" and "we had to release him because of cap situation". And I still don't know why the decision that was so crystal clear for so many people here took Irsay until the 7th of March.

There was a journalist two years ago who wrote (after a good performance from Blair White) that Manning could even turn corpses into pro bowl receivers. So I don't get the point that he wasn't supposed to work with mediocre or low-class guys on offense.

Anyway, now he's gone and I hope that he will sign with the Titans.

Cool in a month I can move mine back in here. Can you move your Peyton Manning thread back then?

Didn't think so.

Quit crying about Peyton being gone. Its over. I loved Peyton as much as the next fan but I am a Colts fan first.

When PM has his jersey retired, we'll post about him again. (So There!)

Spent a good part of last evening reading all the comments on this thread... So much back and forth name calling, Manning bashing, Luck bashing, etc.....

fans turning on and lashing out at each other. Peyton was one of the best things to ever happen to the Colts organization, and the city of Indianapolis. There is no question about that. Facts are facts. There shouldn't even be a debate about that. As for Andrew Luck, he very well could be the Next Best Thing. I hope he is. Time will Tell. So much pressure put on this young man, huge shoes to fill, and very high expectations, but if he is the athlete we all see him to be, he will rise to the occasion and makes us all proud again. Does there really have to be so much hate flying out there right now..??

Special Request

Can everybody please show a little respect and restraint?

If you don't want to read posts by people who disagree with you, please stay away from the threads where that is likely

If you choose to post, respect your fellow members

Spent a good part of last evening reading all the comments on this thread... So much back and forth name calling, Manning bashing, Luck bashing, etc.....

fans turning on and lashing out at each other. Peyton was one of the best things to ever happen to the Colts organization, and the city of Indianapolis. There is no question about that. Facts are facts. There shouldn't even be a debate about that. As for Andrew Luck, he very well could be the Next Best Thing. I hope he is. Time will Tell. So much pressure put on this young man, huge shoes to fill, and very high expectations, but if he is the athlete we all see him to be, he will rise to the occasion and makes us all proud again. Does there really have to be so much hate flying out there right now..??

You are right, he does have HUGE shoes to fill, and he will have high expecations on him. I know I have high expectations for him. He's called the next best thing since Elway, hes a 99/100 on all draft boards, he's replacing PM, and he's replacing him early in the minds of many. All of these things add up to high expectations. The good part is for Luck, if he can make it through all this, it will only make him stronger as a person and player and of course fans will love him as much as they do Peyton!

Special Request

Can everybody please show a little respect and restraint?

If you don't want to read posts by people who disagree with you, please stay away from the threads where that is likely

If you choose to post, respect your fellow members

When a thread is opened with:

All the Peyton bashers, the I need to see it vocals, the I need to hear it pleaders.... Brandon Stokely has recently said Peyton was throwing like he was 6 years ago.. Doesn't sound like he has a noodle arm, in fact he sounds rejuvenated. Irsay made a big mistake..

...it was never going to get any respect flowing through it.

You are right, he does have HUGE shoes to fill, and he will have high expecations on him. I know I have high expectations for him. He's called the next best thing since Elway, hes a 99/100 on all draft boards, he's replacing PM, and he's replacing him early in the minds of many. All of these things add up to high expectations. The good part is for Luck, if he can make it through all this, it will only make him stronger as a person and player and of course fans will love him as much as they do Peyton!

Yep, if we don't kill him, we'll make him stronger.

I'm just hoping we'll (fans & FO) give him support, and a chance to succeed.

When a thread is opened with:

All the Peyton bashers, the I need to see it vocals, the I need to hear it pleaders.... Brandon Stokely has recently said Peyton was throwing like he was 6 years ago.. Doesn't sound like he has a noodle arm, in fact he sounds rejuvenated. Irsay made a big mistake..

...it was never going to get any respect flowing through it.

I hear you

Good point and I'll edit it. now that you point it out, it's a bit inflammatory.

Essentially calling out everyone who disagrees

A 'throw down'

However, People are never going to change their minds on this and all it does is create circular arguments with people getting frustrated and then personal

We are getting complaints about complaints and honestly lots of stuff is within the terms of use but..........

As long as people continue to create and post to threads where they are hating on each other.......this board will be a tiresome place to be for everyone.

I'm sick of people acting like we made a terrible mistake. We don't know if it's a "terrible" mistake and won't for at least 2-3 years...even if Peyton does come back and throw great...it doesn't matter. This was never about if Peyton was back to normal, there was much more to the decision. Irsay was looking at the future, but a lot of fans seem to be looking at the past. I loved Peyton, we all did, but we are :coltslogo: fans. Colts fans need to realize how lucky(no pun intended) we are to have a top prospect QB in the past decade waiting for our pick(mind you we've also picked Elway and Peyton). Look at the Browns...they haven't found a franchise qb or even a high draft qb in forever, since Tim Couch hahaha. We may not be in the playoffs next year or maybe even a couple years and will still be rebuilding, but I guarantee when this team is built and the contending stage begins, the fans will be back. Right away, fans will probably expect too much out of Luck and too little out of Peyton now that he's on a different team. People are in the dumps because of a 2-14 season and we lost the leader of our franchise of 14 years, it's time for a new Era.

As Colts fans, we need to get excited about the FA(where we have a chance to finally pick up a big name FA lol) and the Draft(9+ picks). This won't necessarily be a high-winning year, but this will be new and exciting. New defense, new coaching staff(Thank you!!!), and most of all a new QB/Offense. I see good things in the future, I just wish more fans did too.

let all them all get their sadness, their anger their hostility out now but when Peyton signs for a HUGE deal somewhere else for a huge deal you will all see see what he really wanted, real leaders take one for the team from time to time if it involves restructuring money for the better of the team,, obviously he wasnt willing to do that or he would be here now

gavin..you have to accept it..

Management wanted to move on....it wasn't about Peyton wanting his money or turning down a re-do

..and it wasn't totally about him being hurt..

Mr. Irsay just felt it was best for the franchise to move on...to turn to the next guy

like Aaron Rodgers and Brett Farve...

.....we'll see if he was right....

gavin..you have to accept it..

Management wanted to move on....it wasn't about Peyton wanting his money or turning down a re-do

..and it wasn't totally about him being hurt..

Mr. Irsay just felt it was best for the franchise to move on...to turn to the next guy

like Aaron Rodgers and Brett Farve...

.....we'll see if he was right....

The problem with Irsay is he always talks about being like someone else. He has said he would like to be like the Steelers, then he has said he would like to be like the Patriots, then he has said he would like to be like Greenbay.

Yo, Jim, how about being the Colts. We had our own idenity that others in the league wanted to be like. Now that is gone as well.

Besides the "it disrespectful to Petyon" I just don't like that person it was my personal feelings about a certain poster, but having a Luck avatar is kind of stupid until he gets drafted to treat the guy like a colt before he is on the team is silly that was my point. It's pretty clear some people didn't have a too big of a problem with the changing of the guard so to speak, with that said like most fans you become emotionally attached to certain players for those of you who don't have a problem with Petyon being gone that's fine but there still is a portion of the fan base that is adjusting to no more Manning under center. It's kinda like a long term relationship you don't stop seeing a person after 14 years and not having some sorrow regardless of the situation, at the end of the day or year most colts fans will fall in line and support Luck it's just weird to think of the colts without Manning

Fair enough. I totally understand be upset over the whole thing though.

Please tell me how where Peyton Manning is signing has to do with Colts football. He is a free agent and no longer apart of the team.

People say "oh well we talk about Unitas". Theres a difference. Unitas is a retired player. Manning is not.

So i guess my question should be when you jump on another bandwagon due to Peyton being there what happens when he retires? another bandwagon maybe......please at that point stay away from the horeshoe.

Your use of the term "bandwagon" is rude, incorrect and just plain dumb. Bandwagon means supporting a team or person when they are successful and them dropping them when they are not. Your the one dropping Peyton Manning, not BmoreColt. Whose the bandwagon fan now?

Come on now.

Just because someone agrees with the decision made to release Manning doesn't mean that THEY PERSONALLY DROPPED him or that they are a peyton basher

People, if you do not like reading opinions that are not inline with your own..........I don't know why you are here. We discuss things and have opinions all the time

Some how, we used to manage to do so without stereotyping one another and vilifying each other?

Honestly, I'm starting to feel like I should just LOCK anything thread that goes off like this one did. There is no purpose to it. Nobody is going to change their minds

And I'm starting to think that people are just taking their anger out on their fellow fans

It is tiresome

Please stop it

When can mods start putting Peyton threads in NFL General? This is not the Peyton section.

Last week it was "Peyton will always be a Colt". I guess "always" = 1 week.

The Lombardi won't be walking through the door anytime soon if ever again either.

Classic FJC.

Not gonna lie, this upcoming season is going to be ugly. Possibly very ugly. But in an odd way, that doesn't exactly hurt us.

I mean, if we somehow land the number one pick again...Then we can have Andrew Luck AND trade the number one pick for a bounty of draft picks. Add in the mountain of free cash to spend plus a year or so to gel and things are looking up.

And yeah, that the optimistic view. I know things could go wrong, but this is the offseason. I'm allowed to be optimistic.

*touches nose* Now you are thinking like Irsay.

Suck

Draft

Repeat

is it too much of a stretch to think that Irsay could re-sign Manning?

Manning has left the building. Its over.

It had nothing to do with the Orioles, the junk stadium, or the fact your mayor tried to declare imminent domain on a personally owned business.... He was just a coward.......

Eminent Domain is what a governing body uses when there is something you have that they want. It was used inappropriately here in Brooklyn when pioneers that gentrified the neighborhood were kicked out of the neighborhood to make room for a sports facility. ironcially said facility would never had been planned there if the neighborhood was still the way it was before the pioneers gentrified it.

That is a good example of eminent domain being wrong.

I happen to agree with the Baltimore government stepping in and claiming eminent domain over the colts. They were in fact forcing Robert Irsay to put some money into the team, something he hadn't done in 6 season. He had already tried to blackmail the city to use its Tax dollars to build a new stadium for his pathetic team or he was going to leave for Memphis or LA.

Jim was smart enough to not be quoted saying he would move the Indianapolis colts to LA if they didn't replace the RCA dome, however it was more than implied.

As a city that just received a NFL team from Baltimore, Indy did nothing to embrace it until Peyton Manning.

So, in essence Jim Irsay used the success that Peyton Manning brought to Indianapolis to pressure Indy into building LOS. He was smart enough to convince the city to tax the visitors of Indianapolis through hotel, food and beverage so residents wouldn't be unhappy. Residents of Monroe county however are still paying for the RCA dome and LOS through higher property taxes.

IMO irsay tried to be the opposite of his dad, but that only yielded one superbowl in 2 appearances. He will likely try a page out of dad's book and see if he can field a successful team on a budget.

Anyone who roots for this "business" is a fool. Irsay doesn't care if its successful, because in his mind he still sold out with a 2-14 team (albeit at the loss of some national tv revenue) and he continues to get $ for the college games played there and part of the moeny received for conventions. But reading these boards, he has nothing to worry about because you all will still throw cash at his product.

We shouldn't be paying to watch losers. We should pay to watch winners or teams that have a chance to win.

Seriously??? The vote to take the team using eminent domain was going to happen. Irsay got a heads up call that the vote was going to take place sooner than he thought. He was left with no choice but to relocate the team.

To me the Edit is the man who sits behind his keyboard, saying he's a fan of the team, and bashing the owner for doing the only thing he could do to keep from having his team stolen from him.

Wow, you must have some serious money considering you are siding with a then Millionaire...who completely neglected a franchise and then threatened a city when they didn't build them a new stadium with tax payer money.

He could have...

a. put enough money into the team for them to win in any of the 6 losing seasons prior to that.

b. not threatened to move the colts if a new stadium was built.

c. self edited personal attack on Robert Irsay

But instead he chose to drive the team into the ground and wonder why Baltimore wouldn't pony up for a new stadium.

Eminent Domain is what a governing body uses when there is something you have that they want. It was used inappropriately here in Brooklyn when pioneers that gentrified the neighborhood were kicked out of the neighborhood to make room for a sports facility. ironcially said facility would never had been planned there if the neighborhood was still the way it was before the pioneers gentrified it.

I happen to agree with the Baltimore government stepping in and claiming eminent domain over the colts. They were in fact forcing Robert Irsay to put some money into the team, something he hadn't done in 6 season. He had already tried to blackmail the city to use its Tax dollars to build a new stadium for his pathetic team or he was going to leave for Memphis or LA.

Blackmailed?!?!? This is pure garbage. Memorial Stadium was in shambles, deemed unfit for use no less. Not enough room for both teams, unsuitable facilities (bathrooms) and a serious lack of seating(Deemed by the NFL). Im sure that even with the GOVT APPROVED (blackmail *rolleyes* Asked for by Schafer the Mayor) renovations. Something like $15mill, which the Colts would have gotten HALF. Its amazing how quickly Balt. built a new stadium after the Colts left town. Construction began within 5 years.

And it was never Memphis or LA. If he wanted a team in LA he would have just kept the LA Rams, the team he bough prior and then traded for the Colts. It was between Ariz. and Indy.

Last week it was "Peyton will always be a Colt". I guess "always" = 1 week.

Classic FJC.

*touches nose* Now you are thinking like Irsay.

Suck

Draft

Repeat

Manning has left the building. Its over.

Jim was smart enough to not be quoted saying he would move the Indianapolis colts to LA if they didn't replace the RCA dome, however it was more than implied.

As a city that just received a NFL team from Baltimore, Indy did nothing to embrace it until Peyton Manning.

So, in essence Jim Irsay used the success that Peyton Manning brought to Indianapolis to pressure Indy into building LOS. He was smart enough to convince the city to tax the visitors of Indianapolis through hotel, food and beverage so residents wouldn't be unhappy. Residents of Monroe county however are still paying for the RCA dome and LOS through higher property taxes.

IMO irsay tried to be the opposite of his dad, but that only yielded one superbowl in 2 appearances. He will likely try a page out of dad's book and see if he can field a successful team on a budget.

Anyone who roots for this "business" is a fool. Irsay doesn't care if its successful, because in his mind he still sold out with a 2-14 team (albeit at the loss of some national tv revenue) and he continues to get $ for the college games played there and part of the moeny received for conventions. But reading these boards, he has nothing to worry about because you all will still throw cash at his product.

We shouldn't be paying to watch losers. We should pay to watch winners or teams that have a chance to win.

Wow, you must have some serious money considering you are siding with a then Millionaire...who completely neglected a franchise and then threatened a city when they didn't build them a new stadium with tax payer money.

He could have...

a. put enough money into the team for them to win in any of the 6 losing seasons prior to that.

b. not threatened to move the colts if a new stadium was built.

c. self edited personal attack on Robert Irsay

But instead he chose to drive the team into the ground and wonder why Baltimore wouldn't pony up for a new stadium.

Seriously, do you not see how the way you are talking to some people here might be considered less than civil?

Bringing Baltimore into the Peyton discussion? Please don't. Nobody will ever change their minds on that issue. It can only make things worse.