Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Throwing Like He Was 6 Years Ago

BmoreColt

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i guess my question should be when you jump on another bandwagon due to Peyton being there what happens when he retires? another bandwagon maybe......please at that point stay away from the horeshoe.

Don't worry, just hanging out here until Peyton chooses. We should have a thread here to give our new screen names on the new team's message board though :)

I'm a Giants fan, but I'll follow Peyton's new team. Might stop by here for the NFL general section though since I enjoy many of the posters here.

Why do you think I am worried about him? I'm not.

I am sick of all the posts/threads on him in the Colts section though.

Why does it bother you so much? I posted something in here about Peyton too at one point (after he was released)...it got moved to the NFL General or whatever it is. Don't understand what the bid deal is. If the mods want to move it they will. Peyton was here for a long time. It's going to take a while to get used to posting somewhere not Colts related when talking aobut Peyton. Again, what's the big freakin' deal?

Why does it bother you so much? I posted something in here about Peyton too at one point (after he was released)...it got moved to the NFL General or whatever it is. Don't understand what the bid deal is. If the mods want to move it they will. Peyton was here for a long time. It's going to take a while to get used to posting somewhere not Colts related when talking aobut Peyton. Again, what's the big freakin' deal?

I am almost sorry I even posted my complaint. Dear Lord........I never expected this outrage.

Okay sorry Peyton. Arm. Strength. Good. Broncos. Titans. Cards. GOAT. Title. RAH.

Carry on folks, ignore me.....sheesh.

Don't worry, just hanging out here until Peyton chooses. We should have a thread here to give our new screen names on the new team's message board though :)

I'm a Giants fan, but I'll follow Peyton's new team. Might stop by here for the NFL general section though since I enjoy many of the posters here.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I won't dare look into mine until about 3 years..

Not gonna lie, this upcoming season is going to be ugly. Possibly very ugly. But in an odd way, that doesn't exactly hurt us.

I mean, if we somehow land the number one pick again...Then we can have Andrew Luck AND trade the number one pick for a bounty of draft picks. Add in the mountain of free cash to spend plus a year or so to gel and things are looking up.

And yeah, that the optimistic view. I know things could go wrong, but this is the offseason. I'm allowed to be optimistic.

Yeah it is.. Just not very probable anytime soon.

FJC, if the Colts build a team that essentially hinged on one player like they did with Manning (pass heavy offense with less physical lineman and a speed defense designed to play with a lead) than yes it is improbable the Colts will win another title anytime soon as getting another player like Manning is not likely to happen....even as good of a prospect as Luck is.

If the Colts build around Luck, or whoever the QB of the future is, and invest more wisely in the surrounding team than they will have a good chance to win a championship or atleast be relevant...which is alot more than alot of fans can say for their teams.

I agree with you though the next several years are going to be rough for us fans.

Actually living in Baltimore I would say my colts roots are deeper than yours. Many Baltimore fans hate what Irsay did leaving the city Edit in the middle of the night. Many Colts fans and new fans were brought to or back to the Colts because of Manning. There will be a large following to where Peyton goes! I promise this.

Edited by Coltssouth
namecalling

Not gonna lie, this upcoming season is going to be ugly. Possibly very ugly. But in an odd way, that doesn't exactly hurt us.

I mean, if we somehow land the number one pick again...Then we can have Andrew Luck AND trade the number one pick for a bounty of draft picks. Add in the mountain of free cash to spend plus a year or so to gel and things are looking up.

And yeah, that the optimistic view. I know things could go wrong, but this is the offseason. I'm allowed to be optimistic.

Time will tell.

Actually living in Baltimore I would say my colts roots are deeper than yours. Many Baltimore fans hate what Irsay did leaving the city like a coward in the middle of the night. Many Colts fans and new fans were brought to or back to the Colts because of Manning. There will be a large following to where Peyton goes! I promise this.

Even if it was the Patriots? Heck the Broncos/Titans/Dolphins is bad enough. Those teams are pure ick.

FJC, if the Colts build a team that essentially hinged on one player like they did with Manning (pass heavy offense with less physical lineman and a speed defense designed to play with a lead) than yes it is improbable the Colts will win another title anytime soon as getting another player like Manning is not likely to happen....even as good of a prospect as Luck is.

If the Colts build around Luck, or whoever the QB of the future is, and invest more wisely in the surrounding team than they will have a good chance to win a championship or atleast be relevant...which is alot more than alot of fans can say for their teams.

I agree with you though the next several years are going to be rough for us fans.

Two very big IF's, and yes they both go in separate directions.

The structure to this team might change. It might not. Too soon to know.

Odds are this season will be brutal, but is having another bad season a neccesary part of the equation or could we survive a 6-10 type season?

I am a giant Manning fan and wake up to mutiple autographed pictures on my wall daily. I've also been preparing for the last couple months so it's not still shocking to me at all. I'm still saddened by it somewhat but definitely ready just to move on. I guess we all have a different way of grieving but I'm very strong about the situation. In short I'm already burnt out by all this. I do remains optimistic for the future though and have liked Luck for the last couple years. I feel fortunate the Colts are getting a player like him. I am worried however we might be throwing him to the wolves, it's critical we have a heavy based offensive draft and try to bring in some adequate FAs. Defense can wait till next year.

I'm curious...were you a Peyton fan before Eli signed with the Giants? I bacame a Giants fan after Eli (because he's Peyton's brother) signed with the Giants. Just curious. Doesn't really matter? I can't wait for Peyton to pick his new team. I'll have 3 teams to follow (in a positive way). I follow a few teams, but root agains them. I'll now have 3 teams to root for.

Two very big IF's, and yes they both go in separate directions.

The structure to this team might change. It might not. Too soon to know.

Thats very true. I just think the Colts apparent approach is a better one whether it actually works out or not. It still comes down to making good personnel moves.

The Colts approach the last 14 years was only possible because of Manning not because it was necessarily the right approach IMO.

I am almost sorry I even posted my complaint. Dear Lord........I never expected this outrage.

Okay sorry Peyton. Arm. Strength. Good. Broncos. Titans. Cards. GOAT. Title. RAH.

Carry on folks, ignore me.....sheesh.

I didn't mean to make a stink about it, I was just wondering. :)

Even if it was the Patriots?

I'd be torn between wanting to throw spoiled garbage at Manning, and lmao @ Patriot fans (I'm assuming that means Brady is gone if Manning goes there, I doubt he's going to go be a backup)

Thats very true. I just think the Colts apparent approach is a better one whether it actually works out or not. It still comes down to making good personnel moves.

The Colts approach the last 14 years was only possible because of Manning not because it was necessarily the right approach IMO.

No it was a horrible approach. I would have loved having a different structure so if QB1 misses sometime QB2 stands a fair chance of being somewhat successful. We were a play a way from only winning a 2-3 games a year for 13 years... 2-3 more games a year if the injury occurs during the season. 18 was able to overcome that once, but shouldn't have had to. As Jaric said 45 other teams have won Lombardi's with a lesser QB. 45 other teams will as well over the next however many years.

I hope he is throwing that well, because I sincerely want him to win another ring or two while we're rebuilding, but no level he could possibly play at would make me regret sacrificing 3 years of Manning for 15 years of Luck, given the current state of our roster

in

When can mods start putting Peyton threads in NFL General? This is not the Peyton section.

Edit

I'm so tired of you people right now and your fighting.

I'll be back in a few weeks, maybe. Until then, I'll do like PeytonGirl and kick this angry bunch to the curb for a minute.

Edited by Coltssouth
inflamatory

Odds are this season will be brutal, but is having another bad season a neccesary part of the equation or could we survive a 6-10 type season?

Oh it's not "necessary," by any stretch. I'd be thrilled if they went 6-10. We're still picking in the top ten most likely and that means that something worked so there is stuff to build on.

No it was a horrible approach. I would have loved having a different structure so if QB1 misses sometime QB2 stands a fair chance of being somewhat successful. We were a play a way from only winning a 2-3 games a year for 13 years... 2-3 more games a year if the injury occurs during the season. 18 was able to overcome that once, but shouldn't have had to. As Jaric said 45 other teams have won Lombardi's with a lesser QB. 45 other teams will as well over the next however many years.

Yeah. It always kind of irked me how much was put on 18's shoulders too. Its kind of the reason im happy for him (although sad as a Colts fan). I think he has a better shot with someone else.

Its why the trade down stuff just didnt resonate with me because I felt it was too little too late to try and salvage his time here and get him another ring.

Anyways I digress...

is it too much of a stretch to think that Irsay could re-sign Manning?

Yeah. I think it's safe to assume that if there was any intention of bringing him back that press conference would have gone a little differently.

Sorry, hate to be the bearer of bad news.